Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elyse Reads Bust .. America's Next Top Model
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
lananans
I actually don't mind Claire - I think we see a very edited version of her, but that could mean she's worse, I like to think people are better than they appear, but maybe I'm naive.

Dominique really just isn't that intelligent, I agree with knorl...

I cannot STAND Anya, shes so vacant!

Whitney is annoying, but I like her as a model - the blonde weave, not a fan of though.

Stacy Ann - definitely forgettable, will be gone soon.

I can see Tyra going all diva and thinking that she needs to leave. I don't know who they would bring in to replace her though. I like how Jay Manuel hosted Canada's Next Top Model, perhaps he could do ANTM as well... or that Paulina judge person, maybe she's being groomed?
roseviolet
I finally caught up on YouTube.

I am so surprised that Claire is gone! She has won challenges and everything. I just don't get it.

Lauren has really really got to start practicing her walk. All it takes is one more runway challenge for them to kick her off.

My BestGalPal and I are starting to think that StaceyAnn may be a dark horse in this competition. We think she may be there for a while. Of course, we thought that about Claire, too, so maybe Stacey Ann will be the next one to go. I'm totally and completely confused about what they want!

As for the rumor about Tyra leaving the show? I don't see it. She is the cornerstone on which this show was built. Mr. Jay will leave before she does.
knorl05
i'm glad claire is gone. i did not like.
if i were to look at this competition strictly by photo shoots, i'd say the girls i want to see more of are lauren, dom, whitney, and anya, because IMO they're the ones who can evoke the most emotion, versatility and interest in their looks.
strictly by presence, i'd say fatima or katarzyna. although i really hate the fact that fatima looks like eman.. because my thing is always with originality: the fashion world already has an eman.
yeah stacy ann i feel is too something, and i cant quite place it. perhaps vacant is the word? i think my first impression of her being ditzy really set with me and i havent seen much else from her. i dont like her photos either. :-/
claire really did get to be rather annoying and i hated how she acted like she knew everything. almost like dom: she seems too clueless to really get it. hmm.

.:viewer's fave is katarzyna on wb.com:.
candycane_girl
I was kind of surprised that they kicked off Claire but she was starting to get on my nerves. Lauren is starting to drive me nuts. It's not that difficult to walk in heels.
potzer
I'm glad Claire is gone.. When she did that really loud 'Yes' after Amy was eliminated, she really started to grate on my nerves.
I like Katarzyna(sp?) but I doubt she'll win. I think it's gonna be Whitney.

I find Lauren super annoying. I'm a converse girl too but I would like to think I walk a little more elegantly in heels than she does. And can she please stop describing herself as 'punk'? euck..
roseviolet
Katarzyna was my favorite before the show even started (based purely on the promo photos). I really hope that she sticks around for a long time.

I wonder how a person who auditions for a modeling competition can say that she has never worn heels before ... and can continue, week after week, to suck so badly at walking in heels. I guess I just figured that if I were auditioning for a show like this, I might have, you know, worked on some of the basics before auditioning. Maybe somebody just needs to tell Lauren that it's all in the hips & she'll finally get a clue. But who's going to tell her if Tyra and Miss Jay don't do it?

By the by, I blame last week's recap episode on that blonde chick who dropped out. If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have had to deal with filler like that. However, I must admit that I enjoyed watching Marvita being her odd self. And I love Stacy-Ann all the more now.
chachaheels
I loved watching Marvita being her odd self. I still miss her and her Grace Jones-like ferocity. I loved that she played that hilarious guitar to every one of her observations! That's the kind of idiotic thing I would do! So I truly hope she just goes as far as possible in the business, Tyra be damned.

I agree Lauren is a bit socially retarded for not being able to walk, heels or otherwise. It's like she was never taught, or something. The lumbering gait is there no matter what. I feel sad for her because no one took the time to tell her to change her posture, no one inspired her to be as beautiful as she can obviously be. But my patience is wearing thin on her "punk" stylings as well. Anyone who makes me wanna yell out that I was punk before she was even a gleam in her daddy's eye needs to at least go look at what "punk" used to signify (you're supposed to, like, kick some ass, and all). Oh, and if someone says to you, my gawd, you seem to have trouble walking in heels--put the converse away and wear heels till you've figured them out! Talk about taking constructive criticism in order to advance...sheesh.
candycane_girl
I am soooo glad they finally kicked off Stacey Ann. She was so boring and I hated the way she always talked like a little kid. Lauren is starting to bug me and I'm kind of waiting for Dominique to have a freakout.
knorl05
:derail ahead:

hmm. lauren using the term, punk. yes calling oneself punk is anti-punk. but if she's in an underground scene in her neck of the woods, and identifies with that circuit, i'd say she's "punk" for all intents and purposes. correct me if i'm wrong, but punk has more to do with a frame of mind than it does .. i dunno.. kicking ass. kicking ass is a manifestation of the frustration/anger/emotion individuals feel based on how they experience the world. it's also a matter of doing what you want when you want and not giving a fuck. my explanation. anti-punk. punk needs no explanation. but i'm am old enough to see both sides of the coin. counterculturists know other counterculturists when they see them and that's something that imho transcends definition or contingencies.

havent watched todays episode yet.. but i am glad stacey ann is gone as well. it was well beyond time. i agree that marvita seemed like a pretty down ass chic. if she wants to continue modelling i hope she goes far.
chachaheels
****derail bait taken..****

"kicking some ass" isn't meant to be taken literally. I just get the impression, though, that being clear on who you are and putting that forward in a world that's all about making you subsume that about yourself in order to fit in and buy the right items would be what punk is about--or, at least, used to be about. In my day, that is. Which was (all right, all right) in the last millennium. Lauren is lost and self-doubting, despite the fact that everyone is telling her she's got no reason to do that, and showing her why she should be confident--plus pointing out ways about how to become that way (practice walking!) But she keeps falling back on that insecurity. That is the opposite of "punk".

That being said: I'm glad they didn't pick Lauren apart for her behaviour at the media party by filming Nigel being very catty about her, in the way he was about so many others. She really is extremely good in photos, looks great in whatever they throw at her, and really just needs to tell herself to walk into the role if she wants to win this.

It's about time someone actually got paid to do some modelling on this show, don't you think? I can't believe the show's had to be on for years before someone got a cheque for doing a shoot, before or after the contest was won. Sheesh.
roseviolet
Well, since it was down to Stacy-Ann and Fatima, I'm glad Fatima got to stay. I'm not saying I like her more as a person, but her work has certainly been better than Stacy-Ann's, so it makes sense. Plus, I have a little sympathy for Fats because I've had to jump through hurdles for US Immigration before. dry.gif

Can Dominique go next please? Pleeeeease? Honestly, I don't understand why she's there. I think many of her photos have been rather blah. This week's photo was terribly lackluster. I can't believe they referenced her in that Farmer Needs A Wife ad ("If you love to hate Dominique on ANTM, you should see ____ on Farmer Needs A Wife!"). Gag. That ain't right.

Why are they giving so little screen time to Katarzyna? I think last night's episode was the first time they showed her saying anything inside the house. I want more Kat!
knorl05
chachaheels: respect. i just know for myself, being put in a situation around a bunch of superficial normal people expecting me to do things that i'm sure my subconscious thinks is ridiculous would definitely take a toll on my confidence.

roseviolet: perhaps she really does just keep to herself so they havent got much of her on film, but i do agree, i'd like to know what that girlie is about.
chachaheels
Mlle. knorl05: You've got a very good point, and, yes, you're right. I've been in that situation before, and know in my bones what that feels like. More reason to sympathize with Lauren.

knorl05
chachaheels: there it is. xo. i give her credit for even attempting to hang on that show.. i doubt i'd be able to.
LilPinkElectricChair
I think the whole Fatima going to the embassy thing was set up. I mean they probably pushed this to purposely conflict with her appointment. Obviously the producer of the show knew and I'm sure Tyra knew ahead of time. It was probably just set up for max drama. Anyone notice how Jay insisted they HAD to be done by 3?

Also this was one of the few photo shoots where I liked the clothes. They looked adorable.
lananans
I agree that Katarzyna needs more face time... also Lauren needs to learn to walk in heels or else I can't take her claim of wanting to be a model seriously. Also, the thing with the embassy was obviously planned.. and watching Tyra pretend to be oblivious to the situation was quite painful.

Tyra just becomes more like a drag queen and I think more of a bitch as the seasons go on. I'm getting really sick of her. I think the show would be good if the other judge lady took over, I don't remember her name -- but maybe since Tyra wants to quit she is being groomed?

I'm also glad that Stacey-Ann got the boot... she really was just too fake.. and Fatima's pictures are really good -I can actually see her making it in the industry.
deschatsrouge
I'm with LPEC and the whole Fatima fiasco. I highly doubt that Tyra wouldn't have known about Fatima's visit to the consulate. It stank of preplanned drama. Which isn't fair to Fatima, if it really went down that way that's setting Fatima up to fail, which is REALLY unfair. Perhaps that's why they let her stay.
lananans
I doubt they let her stay because she was set up to fail -- maybe I'm a skeptic but I don't think they're that kind. I just think they couldn't stand Stacey-Ann anymore, Fatima is just a better model.
roseviolet
Less than 5 minutes into the show, I knew Lauren was the next to go. Can Dominique be next? Please?

God, I hope Anya doesn't win. Nobody wants to try to decifer her during next season's "My Life as a Covergirl" ads.
lananans
I also knew that Lauren was going -- it was time, she just didn't care.

I also fear that Anya will win. She looks like an android or something and I don't know what language she is speaking. But I was impressed that she stood up for Fatima when everyone was picking on her, and brought her food, that was really nice.

Dominique needs to go, but I am starting to see her potential as a model.

Whitney is REALLY starting to bother me. I'm always up for standing up for plus-size models and I know that it must be hard being the only one and maybe she is overcompensating for that... but still... cut out the fakeness.
chachaheels
What if Anya's real name is just Anna and we think it's Anya because that's how she pronounces it? I can't figure out what language she speaks (or spoke in previous incarnations) either. But she is lovely, and she cannot ever make me believe she can speak Italian (she spoke it with the same cadence and accent as she speaks English). But she did it in a way that illustrated just how unnecessary that was, in that commercial.

Katarczyna, however, took a lot of crap and for what reason? I don't know why it is she could walk into that commercial set up and get the language down pat in a few minutes (okay, granted she's European and probably knows some of it just because others around her would know it and speak it all the time, I'm sure) but after x number of weeks we have a group of dunderheads who WILL NOT say her name properly. And be disrespectful while yammering on about how the girls act. This is one intellectually challenged panel, let me tell ya.

I think it's between Katarczyna, Fatima, and Anya at this point.
roseviolet
ChaChaHeels, that sounds like a good final 3. Dominique will finally be let go because she doesn't look "fresh". Whitney will be told that she is too sexy (or too commercial or whatever - despite the fact that CoverGirl is better suited to commercial modeling than couture).

I think it was very sweet that Anya tried to look out for Fatima when she was sick. Granted, if I'd been as sick as Fats, I wouldn't want a plate of Italian food sitting next to my head, but at least Anya's heart is in the right place.

I want Kat to win! She's smart, articulate, and gorgeous. And she hasn't acted like an asshole or an idiot or anything.
knorl05
out of the girlie's we've got left... anya is for me. i really like her accent cause it's different. she's both aloof and sweet, which is endearing. i like her unusual look as well, and i think she's a good model. acting is not her thing for sure, but as a model, she's got talent.

what is up with whitney? seriously. it's uncomfortable to watch her because her emotions are so disingenuous. like does she not realize she's coming off that way? she's reminding me more and more of anna nicole or a whack marilyn monroe.
hellcat
I've just joined back at bust but needed to come and read all the comments about antm!

I don't understand Dominique's (call me rude but i call her leatherface) appeal. Although I felt for her when Claire wouldn't stop talking shit about her while she was trying to sleep. I would be so grumpy- hello beauty sleep! When it comes to this show how can one not judge harshly?
They are setting the spotlight on Katarczyna so I see her pulling ahead in the next few epis. Excited! For this same reason I'm scared for Anya- she has been doing so well...too well? She is from Hawaii right? Is that how Hawaiian surfer hippies talk...I want to hear more. For the longest time I couldn't figure out who Anya reminded me of and I just figured it out. Luna Lovegood from Harry freakin' Potter. I think it is a total fit...dontcha think?
Can't wait for more in Rome! I'm hoping for some model boys, vino, hot tubs and drunken antics!
knorl05
hey hellcat! welcome back.

Luna Lovegood:

i can see it wink.gif

ps. about dom. although there are many times that she just looks (and sounds) a mess in person.. i think when she's done up she looks stunning. she has a very unique look that they call "drag" but i think it's more multicultural than anything else. she's a curious one, with a strange mix of vulnerability and confidence, which makes her seem real, so of course very flawed as well. that's been the appeal for me anyway..

ALSO. why i personally do not like katarzyna is because she is almost too perfect. not relatable. she comes from a privileged home, attended an ivy league school, is super tiny and beautiful, and her personality is very beige. maybe in top model world she's all the rage, but in the real world, where i live, does nothing for me. nevermind she's not the greatest model either. BUT i can respect the fact that she is educated and cultured, which i see as a good direction in which to take the show. so with that, i'd like her to win based on those two qualities alone.
roseviolet
Hellcat, that is uncanny! I never could have come up with that on my own. Good eye!

Dominique looks so much better in photos than you'd think from just meeting her. Still, I don't think her photos have been stronger than any of the girls who are left. She really needs to go.
candycane_girl
I cannot belieeeeeve Dominique was called second this week! If anything I thought it should have gone Fatima, Anya, Whitney, Dominique, but that's just me. A lot of people hate Whitney but I think she's quite pretty. She just needs to have more personality. I still like Anya and I love the comparison between her and Luna!
anna k
I figured Kata was leaving, as punishment for being "outspoken" last week.
roseviolet
I'm getting a little too good at figuring out who is about to go based on the first 5 minutes of the show.

I agree with Paulina that there was something lacking in Kat's eyes this week, but I still prefer her history of photos over Dominique's. I can easily see Kat getting hired for photo shoots and runway shows. I don't see Dominique getting as many jobs.
hellcat
No! This always happens. I start rootin' for a girl and then she gets kicked off! Right at the beginning of the cycle I was all over that blond girl who didn't want to do haute-couture. She had Gemma Ward (I think that is the model I'm thinking of?) facial features with those wide set eyes. Must not talk about Luna...Anya anymore. Thanks for posting the pic knorl!
After watching the gladiator photo shoot comp I really saw how rockin' Whitney's body is. That is her body size and she is all toned and sexified. Meowr.
I'm going out of town for 6 wks and don't know if I'll be able to keep up. I'll try not to spoil it for myself, but who am I kidding I'm totally going to be getting the play by plays here, on the net or from long distance phone calls home.

ps. I used to post as venusindisguise
knorl05
lol. i'm so unsavvy when it comes to youtube. the spoiler i watched was just one viewers prediction. this whole time i thought kat was gonna win. have to laugh at myself.. i couldnt see it but i so thought the vid had inside info. lord.

anyway. i'm rather pleased with who is left. besides fatima - i hate when girls think they're too good for the other girls (not on their "level", not their "competition").. i mean seriously.

soo. i think/hope anya will win.
lananans
I also hate when people think they are better than the others... its just so obnoxious.

Also, when are they going to make Dominique leave!! Did she even look in a mirror before that elimination? I feel like she was trying to go for the same type of look as the other girls, but failed miserably because she lacks class.
roseviolet
HOORAY!!!!! No more Dominique!

And as a bonus, they didn't show that awful Cover Girl ad with Orange Drew Barrymore.

See, Tyra, it takes so little to make me happy.
chachaheels
Oh, I will miss Miss Jay's weekly denunciations, his "That looks like a brutha" commentary on Dominique's photos.

Still mystified at how they railroaded Kat last week. Sheesh. They seem set on doing it to Fatima now, too.
deschatsrouge
I too am happy that Dominique is gone, I am tired of listening to her mask her insecurities with fake egotistical drivel.
stargazer
ok. i just watched a marathon of ANTM this weekend so i'm all caught up with this season. um, did they find the most self centered bunch this cycle or what??? alot of talk and not alot of talent.

i'm really happy whitney has made this far. and if she is considered plus size, then our society is really out of whack. dry.gif but, truth be told, i'm not really impressed with her. while fatima has made improvements, the panel isn't overwhelming impressed with her. she is pretty inconsistent. she does look like a young iman, but she lacks that "wow" factor in her pics.

i'm shooting for ayana. i think she's been pretty consistent throughout the competition.
roseviolet
WOOT!!!!!!!

That is all. biggrin.gif
LilPinkElectricChair
Wow. That's my first reaction to this episode. I can't believe they picked the "full figure" gal. I have to say I felt a bit bad, Anya seemd so much more unusual looking, but Whitney did rock the runway. Not that it matters who they choose, all the women end up doing nothing.
knorl05
eddiit: OOOhh. whitney. they picked the full figure gal. gotcha. i think tyra's been pushing for this for a while now. thing that sucks is that she is considered plus-size, but also, she used to be a skinny model.. it's like the whole plus size thing is just her angle. i guess it helps she's super pretty but she over-acts and drips with cheese. this season really was weak. in hindsight.
candycane_girl
I wasn't all that surprised that they picked Whitney. She's definitely commercial enough for Cover Girl. Part of me was happy that they picked the so-called "plus size" girl but another part of me felt that they did it just because Tyra is trying to make a point. However it was nice to see a normal sized girl win.
neurotic.nelly
Over the last week, I watched the whole of cycle 10 thanks to youtube, and pretty much made my boyfriend's life hell.

I am all about full figured women. I didn't like Whitney's personality all that much, but I thought it was cool that her and Anya became friends as they seemed like complete opposites (it was nice to see them make it to the top two together).

As far as pictures go, Anya was by far the better model. She definately knew how to angle her body into some fierce positions. None of those girls could touch Anya, from start to finish, she brought it, except for the photoshoot where she was dressed up as punk, she couldn't pull that off, she looked terrible.

But, Whitney is obviously more comfortable on the runway! She rocked it! Her walk was fierce! Anya's was bleh. Also, Whit's last covergirl shot was beautimous, and Anya's was bleh.

Kat was lifeless. High class, and lifeless, *scratches head* don't these go hand in hand, *kidding*. I am glad she got the boot, just wish it would've happened earlier.

Dom was a weirdo, in a bad way.

Stacy-Anne was a black barbie. Black girls like her shouldn't exist, *kidding* happy.gif

eta: Lauren. I liked a lot, but she had no business being on that show with that walk. It was painful watching her walk and/or go in front of the judges.
chachaheels
Of course Tyra was making a point. She has to do something, not a single "model" for her show has ever come out on top of anything. "What Ever Happened To ____?" should be the name of Tyra's next Bankable production.

(To be fair, there's that one who married Peter Brady and actually posed for Playboy and got a big cheque--she managed to make something of her win. But they don't like her so they never mention her).

It kills me, though, that Tyra reputedly asked Whitney to bulk up so that she could win the competition as a Plus Size model! Wouldn't it be great if Whitney actually had good representation--like someone who could write to Jean Paul Gaultier to tell him to make her the star of his runway shows for, like, the next 5 years' worth of collections?

One more thing: Tyra and her sycophantic claque calling Whitney "fake" is just about my favourite definition of irony there is.
auralpoison
Ever since I watched Trantasia I've wondered when ANTM would have it's first tgirl contestant. She looks quite pretty, let's hope she's fierce, too.
freckleface7
I think.. I saw Eva on the Young & Restless soap the other day;
I only caught maybe the last 3 seconds of it after I switched channels waiting for the news to start but am pretty sure it was her.
I also think she did an MTV Sweet 16 party as well; again, only caught a minute of it and thought I saw her, but then it had this whole 'fashion show' theme so it almost Had to be her?
maybe she'll be the one to really make something of herself ?
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Aug 15 2008, 06:28 AM) *
Ever since I watched Trantasia I've wondered when ANTM would have it's first tgirl contestant. She looks quite pretty, let's hope she's fierce, too.

I wonder what GT would have to say about that.
Queen Bull
QUOTE(freckleface7 @ Aug 15 2008, 12:46 PM) *
I think.. I saw Eva on the Young & Restless soap the other day;
I only caught maybe the last 3 seconds of it after I switched channels waiting for the news to start but am pretty sure it was her.
I also think she did an MTV Sweet 16 party as well; again, only caught a minute of it and thought I saw her, but then it had this whole 'fashion show' theme so it almost Had to be her?
maybe she'll be the one to really make something of herself ?

it was most likely her. i know she has moved on to soaps, didnt know which, but enh. BUT she has also been in a music video or something, anyway, shes kind of everywhere.

Also, yaya from whichever cycle is doing random acting as well. She was in Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas *drool* Then from the first or second cycle Yowanna, or w/e hosted an HGTV show for a bit i think.

point being, none of them are *Top Models* but they hold their own among reality 'TV stars'.

If any of them make 'something' of themselves, really and truly, im def rootin for Eva. lol. She was one of my favorites.

I love top model, but the thing that i cant understand is how these girls can think that they are actually going to rival the models that made it to 'top model' status without Bankable Productions. It seems to me like they would be a bit shunned from the modeling community a bit for having it handed to them almost. OH well.

OH! and Does anyone ever watch the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency on Oxy? Can you say Top Model Envy, Janice? XD
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(Queen Bull @ Aug 18 2008, 02:50 AM) *
OH! and Does anyone ever watch the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency on Oxy? Can you say Top Model Envy, Janice? XD

Yeah, Janice was a judge on ANTM for a while. I guess she though she could be just as good as Tyra. I doubt Janice can do Tyra's overly dramatic soft voice though. Doesn't Janice just shriek all the time?
Queen Bull
QUOTE(deschatsrouge @ Aug 18 2008, 01:32 AM) *
Yeah, Janice was a judge on ANTM for a while. I guess she though she could be just as good as Tyra. I doubt Janice can do Tyra's overly dramatic soft voice though. Doesn't Janice just shriek all the time?

totally. shes loud and kind of obnoxious by trade. nto to mention all that botox and collagen. XD ANTM is just better.
knorl05
based on cwtv.com model portfolios alone, i gravitate toward Elina, Marjorie & Sharaun.. and maaaybe Sheena, because she's got a unique look
freckleface7
= bump=

I believe Season 11 starts tomorrow night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.