Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Skinny And Not Happy
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
DelRosie
Hey ladies- I'm new to the board... so if this a redundant topic I apologize.

So I'm 27 years old, 5'9" and should be something like a healthy 135 for my body type.
I have always had a very slender body- even with good diet and regular everyday exercise (walking to work, performing, yadda, yadda).
Although sometimes I get stressed or sick and I loose weight.
Few weeks ago I was hospitilized with appendicits and am waiting to have surgery. The antibiotics they put me on were hardcore and made everything taste god awful. Recently, I went for a follow-up with my surgeon and I scaled in at 115 pounds- meaning I'm 20 pounds underweight.

When I loose weight like this it makes me incredibly self conscious. I feel sickly looking and I'd like to get this dead useless organ out of my body ASAP so I can try and get back to my normal weight. When guys I know comment about what a "nice body" I have- I get a little turned off thinking there's something wrong with them, and me.

Thing is, I realize I've battled with this my entire life. When I was a kid I was always getting pulled aside by counsleors with accusations of being anorexic. There are points in life where I get super busy and will literally forget to eat. I seriously think I have healthy relationship with food- I have NEVER had a nervous observation about being too heavy- and I love to eat. Just the opposite- I hate being thin and having to retrain myself to "fatten up" every six months. Do other women go through this?
bunnyb
Newbies visit the newbie thread. New threads get passed through Community Forum. As we're mainly a self-moderated board and posts cannot be deleted we try to keep thread creation to a minimum.

welcome to BUST and have a look around OBOH for a suitable and exisiting thread.
anonymoose96
the perfect place for this would be "I bet i could bench press you (the tiny girl thread). http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?showtopic=38158 I have the same problem. For my size I eat somewhere between normal and a lot depending on how hungry I am, but I still get people making accusations because I'm skinny. I'd love to get this thread up and kicking again. See you there I guess!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.