Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Know You Are A Bustie When...
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2
kittenb
Am I not a Bustie? What is EXECUTIVE COCK?
pinkpoodle
You know you're a bustie when you have no idea what EXECUTIVE COCK is, but you get turned on and want to hear about it anyways!!
opheliathemuse
you know you're a bustie when you de-lurk to explain executive cock. laugh.gif

In Auralpoison's original manifesto, it is simply exactly that: not half-assed, whiny, sh!tty, or anything you deem unworthy of your divine self, lay-deez. Holding yourself and your sexual partners to this standard is essential to one's self-esteem, and integral to the notion of executive cock.
sixelacat
You know you're a Bustie when you're randomly surfing the web and find yourself STILL hoping to run across AP's original Manifesto of Fuck. biggrin.gif

(executive cock clause and all. Quite well explained, Ophelia!)
mornington
... when you find yourself using "executive cock" irl and expect people to know what you're talking about.

... when something happens and you text another bustie because you had to tell someone and you can't get to the lounge. and she understands.

... when one of your aims in life is to read the manifesto of fuck.
zoya
...when you're traveling, and you check to see if any busties who live there are available for a meet up

...when people ask you how you know each other, and you kinda look at each other and say "mutual friends..." (there really should be a code for how we know each other when people IRL ask...haha)

Where the hell is AP? I wonder if she knows that her long-lost Manifesto of Fuck has become a bustie legend... a holy grail of sorts!
bunnyb
yes, auralpoison is part of BUSTie lore of old.

when you use BUSTie lexicon in everyday use and expect people to know what you mean (yes, I do this too).

when friends recognise your affinity with BUST and wish that they had an online community and friends too.

when you speak/email/meet up with BUSTies more than your own friends.

when you receive a text from another BUSTie about something that happened and you know she is texting you because she can't get to the lounge and she needs a BUSTie to understand.

when the troll comments you too.
raisingirl
Thanks, Ophelia, for explaning it! Yes, it's from AP's Manifesto of Fuck.

Zoya, I use the "mutual friends" line, too. So vague and yet so true!
sybarite
Zoya, I totally do both those things! Although when I was meeting BUSTies in NYC I came clean to my sister (-ish), saying I met them 'on a website'. She thought it was cool actually.

I miss AP's epic posts. One of the best writers ever in the Lounge IMO.
dusty
You have a dream that you're hanging out with some celebrity couple, Bennifer or someone, and in the dream you keep thinking, I can't wait to post about this in the lounge...
nickclick
overheard, this morning, my boyfriend on the phone with his friend:

mr.nick: nickclick and i are going to a all-girls roller derby this weekend!
friend (i presume): nickclick's into that?
mr.nick: oh yeah, she reads BUST and everything.
grrrlyouwant
that hot mechaninc at work you've been ogling for the past month finally screws up the courage to tell he's into you too, and your first thought is "squeee, imminent portions!"
opheliathemuse
...when you know Busties are the only ones who truly understand, no matter how long they've been posting. It's like a magnet for cool people, this site.
deschatsrouge
...most of your friends on Myspace are Busties.

...You have an entire folder in your bookmarks dedicated to your favorite Bust threads, and it's effing huge.
culturehandy
...when you play single word association game, you think of Busties screen names for your associated word.

...something happens and you immediately want to tell your bustie friends.
auralpoison
. . . when you can tell that somebody has BV by their handle. Those poor gals often pick names of pure frustraion. I'm really glad that forum exists & that so many women find it helps them. There are a lot of Busties that post there & only there. *~~~~~~~~~~No more BV vibes~~~~~~~~~~*
mornington
when you realise large numbers of the people you talk to regularly are people you know from here
auralpoison
. . . when you realize that your inane ramblings are sometimes actually cohesive & speak to other people. I kick myself again & again for not archiving the Manifesto of FUCK. It was a rare moment of inspired brillance on my part.

And I already thought I was a legend in my own mind . . .

. . . when you realize that you'd do anything to help a Bustie you've never met. If one of ya'll called five years from now because you woke up in a Thai pleasure motel with a dead hooker in bed with you . . . I'm ya'lls Winston Wolfe.
zoya
..when the first thing you think of when you need to get something off your chest is writing it in the letters thread.

..when you meet a bustie IRL and you talk about their significant other (or even just fling) using his/her 'handle' (ie: HB, Jcrush, mildboy, MrHottieMcHottHott, etc)

auralpoison
OT, but y'know, he'd be bloody horrified if he knew I called him "hot boss" on here. I suppose it's better than what Jcrush calls him . . .
Moonpieluv
when you post something like forever's ago, and someone actually remembers you.... ((Zoya)) ((Snarky)) wub.gif

and then you like, come back out of hibernation with full gale force because you realize busties have been there all along...
girltrouble
yay for more moonpie!
Moonpieluv
awwww shucks! "Nothing like pizza and a moonpie"-my mom's

My squishy middle is melting with luv. : )
snarky7
....you download a song from iTunes that was found thru a link in the youtube thread.

....you surf youtube looking for the best ones to post in the lounge.

(((moonpieluv))) (((((busties)))))
doodlebug
....when you are in the hospital, worrying about not being able to post, because you know there are busties who will be worried about you....
pherber
...you seriously worry about a person, you've never met being in hospital.

...you remember AP, referring to said person as "the almighty doodlebug" despite that being ages ago.

...you know that AP wasn't refering to silly post count hirarchy, i.e. the quantity, but to the quality of said persons posts.

...you really appreciate the lounge for being a spam free zone, where noone posts for the sake of gaining post counts, because people are being judged on what they actually have to say.

PS:(((doodle)))

juliaolive
When your SO says something sweet for the first time and instead of thinking "oh my, he likes me, he really really likes me!" you think "fiiiiiiiinally something to say in the lounge!"

Or when you stop lurking for 7 months and then come back and it feels like coming home and catching up with all of your old friends.

You know you're a lurker when you say things in your head like "wow, I can't believe AP and HB are still together, that's great!" and said people have no idea you exist because you never post, but you're still somehow emotionally invested in their lives.

You know you're a lurker when all of the regular busties seem like the cool kids at school whom you're afraid to talk to (and fully hold your breath while reading their replies to you posts going "please like me, please like meeeeeeeee!!"). laugh.gif
crazyoldcatlady
QUOTE(juliaolive @ Jun 21 2008, 05:19 PM) *
When your SO says something sweet for the first time and instead of thinking "oh my, he likes me, he really really likes me!" you think "fiiiiiiiinally something to say in the lounge!"

so who's the dude? wink.gif
janeinane
... when you see a news item about a religious nut named steve and wonder if it's "that" steve...
http://www.neatorama.com/2008/06/22/man-ch...n-god-we-trust/

you read about commercials in the annoying ads thread before you see them on tv.
kittenb
...when you can track the course of an entire long-term relationship just by reading old posts.
kittenb
whoops
damona
...when you have awesome, amazing sex and you just can't wait to post it in the portions thread!

...when you are sad that there are no busties near you so you can't meet up with them.

...when you tell your husband that "doodle said this" or "ap said this" or "kitten said this" and he knows who you are talking about!
auralpoison
QUOTE(damona @ Jun 25 2008, 09:33 PM) *
...when you tell your husband that "doodle said this" or "ap said this" or "kitten said this" and he knows who you are talking about!

I didn't say nothin'. I wasn't there, you can't prove a thing. I got witnesses that'll tell you I was playing mahjong & smoking opium at the time of the incident in question. My lips are sealed, baby!
girltrouble
when you are looking for something in an old thread, and you get sidetracked when you realise how many great busties aren't here anymore, and you get super sad....

I used to a have a bit in my old stand-up act about younger men -- I'd pick out a kid in the audience and start flirting with him, saying, "What are you, twenty? You don't even know how to dial a rotary phone, do you?"

The punchline was, "I have abortions older than you."

-girlbomb
pherber
QUOTE(janeinane @ Jun 22 2008, 10:28 PM) *
... when you see a news item about a religious nut named steve and wonder if it's "that" steve...
http://www.neatorama.com/2008/06/22/man-ch...n-god-we-trust/

Nah, our asshat is called Katzner.
But I know what you mean!
ellenevenstar
I knew I was a bustie when I had a little smile to myself as I drove past Mornington Street the other day.
zoya
when all you can think about as you go home from the night before is what you're going to post in the portions thread.
kittenb
...you've been here so long you are afraid that you repeating yourself.

In fact, you are sure that you have.
doodlebug
....you have mysterious unexplainable things going on that you can't really explain to the people in your "real" life. Like how you discovered a band like the Duhks. Or where you got those great website links. Or who sent you those Tibetan bells in your entrance way or the fabric you're re-covering chairs with. Or where you got that Wonder Woman pin or that lovely soap in your bathroom.

smile.gif

I *heart* busties.
sassygrrl
I want Tibetan balls!! sad.gif
doodlebug
Er....that's Tibetan BELLS, sassy. wink.gif
foryoursplendor
QUOTE(doodlebug @ Jan 20 2010, 11:50 AM) *
....you have mysterious unexplainable things going on that you can't really explain to the people in your "real" life. Like how you discovered a band like the Duhks. Or where you got those great website links. Or who sent you those Tibetan bells in your entrance way or the fabric you're re-covering chairs with. Or where you got that Wonder Woman pin or that lovely soap in your bathroom.

smile.gif

I *heart* busties.

I *heart* this post very much.
sassygrrl
QUOTE(foryoursplendor @ Jan 23 2010, 12:50 AM) *

my bad... typo!!! smile.gif
sassygrrl
QUOTE(foryoursplendor @ Jan 23 2010, 12:50 AM) *

my bad... typo!!! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.