Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vinyl Voyager..the Record /lp/ Music Discovery Thread...
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2
missladyj
my mom just gave me permission to ransack her record collection . here's what I came home with.:

Johnny Mathis Greatest HIts ,
Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass Whipped cream and other Delights ,
Gene Ammons Boss Tenor,
ARt Blakey and the jazz messengers Soul finger ( this album features a book in side of photos )
Nina Simone in concert,
Ahmad jamal Trio at the pershing ,
The soundtrack to the movie Black Orpheus,

and the best is the original Columbia records release of Miles Davis Kind of Blue.

Mom has excellent taste in music.
missladyj
On the back of the Miles Davis album is this :
" This Columbia High Fidelity recording is scientfically designed to play with the highest quality of reproduction on the phonograph of your choice new or old. If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true to life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future".

there is nothing like the sound of vinyl. nothing at all .
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(ihateoly @ Nov 22 2008, 12:13 PM) *
Hey, thirties! April March is awesome. Have you heard the record April March Sings The Makers? It's The Maker's backing April March singing their songs and she totally should have been their new singer. She does a better job than he ever did and I actually like The Makers.

Haven't heard that one yet mostly because I'm having to limit my spending on music at the moment. But that's next on my list to buy, along with Jenny Lewis' new solo cd, as soon as I get some spending money again. I probably shouldn't have bought the new Mercury Rev last week, but I just can't pass them up. I've been in lust with Rev frontman Jonathan Donohoe for ages. He's like a young Pete Townsend, only better looking.
Melanielouise
Same here, thirtiesgirl. Jenny Lewis was one of the last times I spent money on an album, I have really enjoyed it. Acid Tongue by Jenny Lewis and Lou Cowell's I... Um... were the 2 itunes spendings last month and this month seems I am buying other people itunes gift cards for Christmas. (In hopes of receiving some myself I am creating a cheeky list smile.gif)
Torch
Hello all, I'm new to the thread and mostly lurk around this site. Just wanted to come out and play a little awhile today. The latest album I've bought is the new Q-Tip album. Very, very good and quality Hiphop album.
missladyj
that Q-tip album is definately on my list
Torch
Finally he was allowed to drop a solo again. I think he has two shelved by previous labels. It sound like a breath of fresh air though compared to this current wack rap music on radio.

Gettin Up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcL3_GKS0wg

One of the best hiphop releases this year, don't sleep!
raisingirl
Ooh, thanks for the reminder, Torch. Q-Tip definitely hasn't lost his touch! wink.gif I'm gonna watch that video another few times.

Speaking of Q-Tip, I never knew there was a video for the Chemical Brothers's "Galvanize" (maybe it's unofficial?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqm36XTqKE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.