Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sparkly Spangly Bits: The Jewelry-making Thread!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
djennma2000
Heya folks!

At one point we had a BUSTie thread for beads, but I don't see it anymore (not even in the "extended" topics!! sad.gif )--so I thought I'd make another! biggrin.gif

I'm a lampworker in Indiana, and I have a SERIOUS bead addiction!

There! I said it! laugh.gif

I've always loved beads, jewelry-making (including metal/chain work too!), and embroidery/thread adornment too! So, show us what you like and what you're making, and bring us your questions, too! biggrin.gif

Catch ya soon! biggrin.gif
esotericblood
That's quite awesome, because I have an obsession with small glass beads. I have lots of them, and don't actually know enough about beading to use them :S
dusty
QUOTE(esotericblood @ Aug 24 2007, 08:29 PM) *
That's quite awesome, because I have an obsession with small glass beads. I have lots of them, and don't actually know enough about beading to use them :S

Do you want to use them to make jewelry, or would you prefer to embroider with them?
Callani
Hey. I am so glad I came across this thread because I am unnaturally obsessed with jewellery at the moment.
I've completely fallen in love with this photo glue stuff where you can put photos on jewellery and as such I've already started planning what I'm making for everyone for Christmas (yeah I told you it was unnatural). It's so cool 'cause everything's really personalised. My favourite so far is I'm making my sister a POTC charm bracelet with pictures of Johnny Depp et al on it... I may just keep it for myself though biggrin.gif
FridaKahlo02
hi, sounds like a cool craft
how do u do that? did u come across it online or is it in the new issue?
just wondering rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Callani @ Sep 13 2007, 02:48 AM) *
Hey. I am so glad I came across this thread because I am unnaturally obsessed with jewellery at the moment.
I've completely fallen in love with this photo glue stuff where you can put photos on jewellery and as such I've already started planning what I'm making for everyone for Christmas (yeah I told you it was unnatural). It's so cool 'cause everything's really personalised. My favourite so far is I'm making my sister a POTC charm bracelet with pictures of Johnny Depp et al on it... I may just keep it for myself though biggrin.gif

djennma2000
Hey y'all...

"this photo glue stuff where you can put photos on jewellery"

Really?! How sweet is THAT?! Where do you get such a thing?? smile.gif

Obviously, I've had my nose in the torch (ow!) too long if I missed a crafty breakthrough like THIS! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
djennma2000
QUOTE(esotericblood @ Aug 25 2007, 12:29 AM) *

Well-it really depends on what you'd like to put them on or what you want to do with them, but there's really no limit to what you can do! biggrin.gif

What did you have in mind? smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.