Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swap Me Beautiful
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
raisingirl
Okay, Ladies, this is the resurgence of Swap Me Beautiful!

Feel free to list items that you no longer want/need that you think other Busties might want/need. At the time you post your item(s) you want to swap, you can post what you'd like in return, being as specific or as general as you want -- or you can wait to see what others will post if there's nothing currently that appeals to you. Someone else jump in here and let me know if I've forgotten anything else. It used to be mainly for clothes, but why not expand it to include other items that are easily mailed?

Please keep in mind that some of us are protective of our identities, so we have a RTD ("right to defer," phrase courtesy of Crazyoldcatlady) clause -- one can reject a swap request if one isn't familiar with a particular Bustie (or just wants to say no for the sake of saying no).

So let's get going! I have at least two items of clothing that I know would look awesome on one of you... *runs off to take measurements and write up descriptions*
pepper
yay, swaperoo!
i'll be back when i get my camera back from repair (fingers crossed it comes back at all! sad.gif )
shinyx3
oohh what fun! must look through my stuff.
raisingirl
deleted because I no longer have these items available.
crazyoldcatlady
so are the trades gonna be 1:1? or do the two ppl swapping figure that out?

squee!!

off to inventory...
treehugger
ooooh...I am gonna like this thread. No time to post pics as of now, but I'm a tote bag whore. I keep buying them and deciding the layout's wrong for me. I just saw a new really CUTE one at Urban Outfitters that I'm not allowing myself to get until I trim my current inventory.

I tend to collect large-ish totebags, like messenger bag style. Pics will be forthcoming.
raisingirl
BAGS!!!!!!!! Ooh... salivating. I, too, am on the eternal quest for The Ideal Bag.

Uh... I guess people will figure that out for themselves, COCL? I don't think there are hard and fast rules for 1:1.
crazyoldcatlady
okay, i got a burst of energy (sugar! sugar!) and starting going through the things i was gonna take to the consignment shop. some of the stuff still has tags on it, which is a bit depressing, but we're not going to think about that right now.

what i did come up with--'cause i love surprises--is the idea of mystery, themed swap bags. now, ya'll don't have to do this; this is just what i meshed together from what i got layin' around the house. basically, i'd swap any of the following for something surprise in return. (S&H not expected to exceed $10 within the US):

Grab bag #1:
"The Ex's 'Sack"

Grab bag #2:
"Feed a cold, starve a fever"

Grab bag #3:
"Center your Chi"

Grab bag #4:
"WTF?"

I was gonna post pictures of what was in them after the person receives the package.

The basics of each package is some sort of clothing (if shirts, medium to large; if pants, medium to large or 6-8 US sizes), and some peripheral, random items (jewelry? cd's? the secret of life?) that go with the bag's overall theme.

Dear god.
I need to do something productive now, like cure cancer.

what do ya'll think?
raisingirl
Oooooohhhhhhh SWAP BAGS! COCL mixin' it up. I could be down with that. Hmm. I'm gonna think about it. The ex's sack?! hahahahaha

And don't think I'm not gonna comment on that Tori picture of yours -- niiiiiiiice! Great album. Did you know Tori lay/lied (?) on some sort of gigantic photocopy machine for those series of photos? I read about it in some interview.
treehugger
oooooh, COCL...me likey! smile.gif

Are we gonna stay with the same bag themes, or everybody who offers up a bag can make up their own description?
crazyoldcatlady
i suppose this thing is just wide-open. get as creative as you want. ya'll don't have to do bags, i was just bored and hepped up on sugar. i guess you just work out the specifics with whoever you're swapping with. there aren't any real set rules. i suppose if someone posts something in here, and someone else wants to do a trade, give a holla in a PM?
pepper
oh dude, that's teh awesome. mystery goody grab bags, i'm so down. i have to finish unpacking and get through a crafty swap i was crazy enough to sign up for first though so gimme a minute.

like if i have a bunch of stuff i list the general catagory each item falls into without being specific and then takers tell me what they've got? or like i say i'll trade you my___ for your ___ or you can choose door number 2? make up rules as we go along?
raisingirl
COCL, can you explain your grab bag #2 just a bit without giving away the surprise(s)?
crazyoldcatlady
hee hee....hmmm... ok:

The ex's sack: things related to an ex, things needed after a break-up. large top included
Feed a cold: thins related to being sick, things you might need if you're under the weather. think comfort; medium top(s), medium pant(s) included.
Center your Chi: things related to relaxing, hippie-esque. medium top included.
wtf: a random assortment of items; wholly unrelated, a bit bizarre. large top, size 6 pants included

clear as mud? wink.gif
kittenb
raisingirl - the dress and the shirt sound lovely. I am interested in them but I don't know if I have anything worth swapping for them. Hmmmmm...if you are interested, send me your sizes and I can see if I have anything? Or maybe you like purses or books or something? Is that how this works?

I would like to do a random yarn swap with someone. Maybe 5-10 skeins in a "Take What You Get" kind of suprise package. Anyone interested?
raisingirl
Clear as mud, COCL. I can work with that.

Kitten, the shirt is awesome, I love it, it's a teensy bit trendy but I really like the two layers of fabric and the sequins. It's delicate.

The dress, to me, is an everyday kind of thing -- not that it doesn't make it any less special, but... you know...

Ooooh, I might be interested in swapping for purses. And books, well, that's good, too. Whatcha got?

Wish I were interested in the yarn, but I'm taking a hiatus from knitting. There are so many knitters and crocheters hookers here, I'm sure it's a matter of time before someone bites on that offer.
crazyoldcatlady
okay, well since i can't think of anything i need right now, how bout this: i will send out one grab bag in exchange for something you (collective you) made. haphazard scarf? macaroni portrait? third grade diary entry? pulitzer-prize winning novel? something you made with your own two hands smile.gif
kittenb
raisingirl - I haven't forgotten this. I just haven't attended to finding something yet. I'm on it!
raisingirl
I'm not in a rush. It's all good, BIRTHDAY GIRL. wink.gif
raisingirl

No one else has cleaned out her closets yet, eh?
pollystyrene
Ok, LeBoy and I went through our CD's and found stuff that wasn't even worth putting in iTunes, let alone keeping. I don't even want anything for these, just take them off my hands:

Sarah McLachlan, Mirrorball brand new...plastic has been taken off, but the security sticker along the top is unbroken.

Coverdale & Page, self-titled? has some sticker residue on the cover

The Gathering, Mandylion

Paula Cole, This Fire

Loreena McKennitt, The Mask and Mirror i don't think this is the "enhanced version", though

Sarah McLachlan, Surfacing this is the enhanced version

Sarah McLachlan, Fumbling Towards Ecstacy

The Black Crowes, Amorica sorry, this is the pubic hairless version.

Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill This does not have the extra track, just 12.

Goo Goo Dolls, A Boy Named Goo

The String Tribute to Nirvana

Tori Amos, The Westwood One Interviews....sorry, I can't find anymore info on this. It's not a bootleg, it's just an import I think.

Natalie Merchant, Tigerlily

Dave Matthews Band, Crash

Offspring, Smash

I can't guarantee the quality of the CD's in terms of scratches or anything. To the best of my knowledge, there is none, but I'm not going to listen to them to make sure....but I'm not asking for anything in return, so you may get what you paid for. I'll pay for shipping, no problem!

PM me if you're interested!

ETA: I also have a 10,000 Maniacs, Unplugged CD....and I think I have a taker for the Sarah McLachlan CD's.
tankgirl
i just made this hat out of linen yarn, and its so nice but just not my style. its a light green earthy color, skull cap style, and single ribbed. its also about a sm-med size so it wont fit someone with a bigger melon. anyone interested in trading for something cool? craft supplies? crafty shit you made? fun socks?
zora
Anyone want a bag of like, 60 Homies? No duplicates.

girlbomb
Anyone interested in a few years worth of back issues of BUST? I have most of them from '99 on -- just don't have the space for 'em anymore. No need to swap, just want to find these honeys a good home.
sarasota
Yes please!! i would love to have them! i can post them up here again too when i'm done looking through them so other girls can enjoy too smile.gif

QUOTE(girlbomb @ Nov 16 2007, 10:40 PM) *
Anyone interested in a few years worth of back issues of BUST? I have most of them from '99 on -- just don't have the space for 'em anymore. No need to swap, just want to find these honeys a good home.

pollystyrene
I have a bunch of VHS tapes I want to get rid of. I'd just charge you postage if you want any of these.

The Ice Storm (1997)
Deconstructing Harry (1997)
Jerry Maguire (1996)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
Life is Sweet (1990)
The Sweet Hereafter (1997)
Alice's Restaurant (1969)
Naked Lunch (1991)
SubUrbia (1996 Richard Linklater movie, NOT 1984 Penelope Spheeris movie!)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Bound (1996)
In The Name of the Father (1993)

I can't guarantee the quality of them, as they're VHS and they've inevitably degraded over the years.
jami
<waves frantically> me!!!
ferris bueller and alices resturant!!!
pepper
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Sep 10 2007, 07:11 PM) *
okay, well since i can't think of anything i need right now, how bout this: i will send out one grab bag in exchange for something you (collective you) made. haphazard scarf? macaroni portrait? third grade diary entry? pulitzer-prize winning novel? something you made with your own two hands smile.gif

i want a grab bag of goodies. i love getting crazy-ass shit in the mail. besides, it's my bday in jan and that is one depressing month in the great frozen north. catlady, check out my profile on craftster and see if i make thangs you likey.

QUOTE(zora @ Oct 30 2007, 12:23 PM) *
Anyone want a bag of like, 60 Homies? No duplicates.

dude, those things are FREAKY! do you think i could give them to little to play with? he likes little things and figures a lot.
i'll happily trade you for something made by me, check out that above mentioned profile.
pollystyrene
Sorry, jami, I didn't see this till today. PM me with your info and I'll send those out. Do you do Paypal? I don't know how much the postage will be, but I'll find out and let you know.
crazyoldcatlady
pepper, i had put most of it away, but i can pull it back out-- next weekish-- i am totally doing a drive-by here....
pepper
dude, up to you. i can wait until after the first week of jan. i got invited to a cottage for a week after new years, includes my bday, yippee!

olivarria
Hello all,
I am selling or trading these BUST back issues; somehow I wound up with duplicates of several issues. Please name your price, or we can barter. I may put them on eBay if no one wants them. Here's what I have:

Fall 2003 Juliette Lewis: the Goth Issue
February/March 2006 Peaches: The Music Issue
October/November 2006 Amy Poehler
December/January 2007 Parker Posey
February/March 2007 Gwen Stefani: The Love Issue
April/May 2007 Charlotte Gainsbourg: The International Issue
December/January 2009 Jenny Lewis

All are in great condition. Please e-mail me at olivarria@bust.com is you're interested. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.