Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Survey
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
bustygirl
1. Where were you 5 years ago?

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now?

3. How close or far did you come to that mark?

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now?

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living?

6. What was the last book you read all the way through?

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would?

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home?

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years?

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money?

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job?

13. What's the best thing about your current job?

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace?

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share?

16. What does your hair look like right now?

17. What is your favourite insult?
bustygirl
I'll answer my own survey,I guess.

1. Where were you 5 years ago? Living in a beautiful old apartment in the city, working part time at a fabric store, full time at my own clothing business, and married to my current hubby.

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I thought I'd be where I was then.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? Well, I nw live in my grandmother's house in mid-county, we have a 2 year old son, a dog, a station wagon, and I'm working on my business full-time. So, pretty far. Still married to the same hubby, tho'.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Here. I ain't moving until I'm carried out.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? I wanted to either be an artist or a grocer.

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? Love in the Time of Cholera. Classic.

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Oh god, we almost never see movies in theatres nowadays. The Simpsons movie, I think.

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? Yep.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? My red faux suede couch.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? These ripped up jeans I rescued from my stepmother's rag bag. Around the time the holes started to rip in the butt, they mysteriously disappeared. I used to wear them over leggings with black flats.

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Probably Seven and the Ragged Tiger by Duran Duran.

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? All of it. I was the concession girl at a municipal pool.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? Everything but the long hours. I work for myself, and I do everything but make the fabric from scratch.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? Hmmmm. I'm kind of a "don't look back" girl.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? They're all mostly muscularly stocky. I like thick boys.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Black with a swatch of blonde in the bangs. Just above shoulder length, with sideswept bangs.

17. What is your favourite insult? dumbass.
nickclick
busty, a red couch?!?!?? fancy!

just left a dead-end job but still in a dead-end relationship

working a job i like, living in the same apartment, with the same guy

close and better; i like my job and i'm in a new house and relationship!

same job, same guy, maybe a baby, maybe a new house but not far from here

write, probably a journalist although i probably didn't know that word yet (bad vocabulary is one of the reasons i never lived out that dream ha ha!)

Reading Lolita in Tehran; i'm almost finished reading The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields

hmmm i think the latest Pirates of the Carribean. anything Johnny of course!

the movie? eh. Johnny? oh yeah.

besides my bed, an Indian-inspired shabby floral painted chest

my burlap Chuck Taylors

(well, cassette) Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual; that album seriously changed my life

i collected quarters for the pay toilet at a stand down the shore, so like, everything.

besides peeing for free? enough nerdiness and creativity to keep me in my cubicle

the grade school friend who moved away that introduced me to The Cure

hairyness; i'm not into boys that don't need to shave daily

too long! i'm waiting to cut it until after i put it up for my boyfriend's brother's wedding in two weeks

der, and sometimes, uh-der
culturehandy
1. Where were you 5 years ago? In University

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I thought I'd be in grad school.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? I graduated from university and am returning to grad school next year.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Completed (or coming close to completeing) my Masters Thesis and working in health care some hoe.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? I wanted to be Madonna.

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? the Book of the dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? 300

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? I did.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? my futon

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? a pair of dark, flared denim that I got for 4 dollars, they fit great and worked well with every other piece of clothing I owned.

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Ten by Pearl Jam

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? I worked in food, as a dishwasher, so everything stank about that job.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? The people. The pay is opretty good. Aside from that, not much.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? No one. if I'm not friends with someone, there is a reason for that.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? Nice eyes.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Long and curly. Brown with natural highlights. Not very exciting is it?

17. What is your favourite insult? Motherfucker or anything with fuck in it. I am also a fan of douche bag.
kari
Nice survey, busty girl! I'll play....

1. Where were you 5 years ago? Single, living in a cool apartment in an old house. Working for the state housing agency. Had been dating my now-husband for a year

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I expected I would be in the same field, but in a different job. I also expected I'd be married by then.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? Pretty close. Still in the same field, at a different job, married for 2 years now.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Oh man, who knows. I'm finishing up a degree in counseling at the moment. Not sure if I will switch fields though. Thinking about doing it part-time. I have to see where that takes me.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? An actress!

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? The Alchemist

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Hairspray

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? Eh. I ended up seeing it not out of desire, but b/c that was the only thing on at that time slot.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? Probably my dining room chairs. They are wood & creamy yellow leather.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? Nothing is coming to mind. Does that mean it was all bad??

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Not sure, but am almost positive it was a Madonna album.

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? The pay! I worked at a daycare center part-time and I swear made about $20 a week.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? The work can be interesting & I like my salary.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? I'm not on there myself. But I can think of a few people I'd like to know what happened to. Probably my favorite was my friend Tracy, a loud, crazy, Italian girl. So much fun.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? Pretty skin

16. What does your hair look like right now? It's darkish brown, cut in a bob that's longer in the front.

17. What is your favourite insult? Dipshit.
zoya
ooh, it's been a long time since one of these! thanks bustygirl!

1. Where were you 5 years ago? living in LA with my ex

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I had no idea, but was shooting for owning a house, somewhere not in LA, with my ex

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? pretty damn far off the mark

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? based on past experience, I have no idea. would like to be with a great guy in a great relationship, and more settled than I am now, though.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? exactly what I'm doing now

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Superbad!

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? probably more

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? my bed

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? I have no idea

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money?I think it was Journey - Escape (dating myself, I know!)

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job?my boss. she was a bitch.

13. What's the best thing about your current job?almost everything

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? he already found me! I can't think of who else I'd want to find me.. Maybe Matt, an old BF from like 10 years ago

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? nothing. does whacky, completely un-pc sense of humor count?

16. What does your hair look like right now? brown. and dirty.

17. What is your favourite insult? hmm.. not sure. I'm not much of an insulter, sarcasm is more my style. That said, 'fuck off??'
falljackets
1. Where were you 5 years ago? living with mrfj in orlando, working as a model, a few months away from getting married

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? living in st. augustine, working from home in some capacity, married to mrfj with a kiddo

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? about 30 miles

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? in st. augustine, maybe with another kiddo, working in sales

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? archaeologist, truck driver, teacher

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? kite runner (unless you count all the pregnancy books i read this year)

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? the simpsons

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? yes, it was the perfect movie for our first post-baby date

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? tie between my bed and my armoire (set)

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? i try to put those unfortunate years behind me

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? two at a time: vanilla ice's to the extreme and george michaels' freedom. (see answer in question 10)

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? the pay. i got $15 a pop to do inventory on calvin klein and christian dior pantyhose in local department stores. i would spend more than i made every time i went.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? i'm a stay at home mom currently, so my son is the best thing about my job.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? i've already reconnected with a few, but would love to see stephanie on there. she was a great friend in college as well as my first bisexual experience.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? their broken hearts. BWAHAHAHAHA!

16. What does your hair look like right now? brown with too short bangs, under a bandana

17. What is your favourite insult? asshat
Divala
1. Where were you 5 years ago? Living on my own in a really cool apartment in the trendy part of the city, single, same job as now.

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? Living in NYC, doing something other than what I'm doing now, or maybe in law school.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? Nowhere near it. I'm still in the city, but in a different neighborhood with my boyfriend of just over 2 years. Same job as before, which is the thing I most wanted to change.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Still in the same city, married to boyfriend with a kid, maybe own a house, and definitely get my desert bar opened, which I'm taking classes for right now.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? President

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? One of Jimmy Carter's books. I switch off between political books and chic lit. Now I'm on the chic lit selection.

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Supabad.

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? No. I think you have to have a penis to really appreciate that movie.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? Red microfiber sofa.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? Please don't make me think about that!

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Queen: Live at Wembeley

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? It was fast food, so it all pretty much sucked. I stayed 2 years, though.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? Weekends and holidays, even the most minor ones, off. The pay is pretty good, too, for my skill set.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? That reminds me, I need to take down my MySpace profile. I hate that site.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? Tall with long hair. The current boyfriend is really tall, but has short hair.

16. What does your hair look like right now? My natural brown color, straight, down just past my shoulders.

17. What is your favourite insult? Waste of air space.
mornington
1. Where were you 5 years ago? starting my IB at school

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? in third year of vet school

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? well... I made it to the first year. twice.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? hopefully doing a job I enjoy (I'm thinking aid/development work) or maybe doing a masters

be a vet (see 2.) and a ballerina. and maybe a princess. I had every intention of multitasking

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? Marilyn French - The Women's Room

Harry Potter

pretty much - i thought it was better than the first one, and I was pleasantly surprised.

well, as it's the only piece of furniture I actually own, I'm going to have to say my desk. I'm awfully fond of the sofa though.

the doc martens my mum bought be for my sixteenth birthday.

Bellatrix - Jedi Wannabe, for my brother's birthday. I must have been about eleven or something, it was when they rereleased the played-about-with star wars in the cinema. It was on fierce panda records and he still has it somewhere. According to my ex, this makes me some sort of indie goddess, but I only bought it 'cos Boy Wonder was obsessed with star wars.

The uniform. 'twas back in the day when m&s still had those nasty navy and green blazers.

it's non-existance.

my best friend from primary school, who got married a couple of years ago. or the first friend I ever made, who lived across the street from me in australia.

weeeeell... uh. a tendency towards facial hair (and glasses).

bleach blonde, pixie cut that's slightly growing out, roots, bit crap really.

cockbadger. fuckwit. cumstain on humanity. arsebandit. knobcheese. tit. arsewipe. I like insults.
humanist77
doing absolutely nothing worth mentioning

2. 5 years ago, what did you (hope, pray) you'd be doing now?
-just about what I am doing now!

-pretty close, but perhaps with a bit more money.

-Hopefully near completing school with a good idea of where I'm headed and not struggling with money (psshh, yeah. right.)

-be an artist or a rock star

The Poisonwood Bible

Simpsons' Movie

Even more so!

-We just got this pretty, colorful lamp made out of cocktail umbrellas. Sorry, I have to give the link here, because these are just so darn cool! Make sure you move the mouse over each picture of the lamps so you can see what they look like lit up. so neat!

my plaid golf pants, homemade abercrombie tshirt, and steel toe docs. Okay that's three items.

-I have no idea..maybe 7 Year Bitch?

-the nasty, lowbrow coworkers (I worked at a cab company-go fig)

-I get discounted spa services..and most of my coworkers are cool..other than that, the place is hell! Help me!

-there isn't anyone from my past who I would want to find me again.

-absolutely nothing besides having a penis..some more than others, but definitely at least a Y chromosome.

-blah-chin length, shapeless, washed out reddish brown and about an inch of roots..must get hair done.

-I'm afraid to say, because when I'm driving and pissed off and yelling at people, my insults are NOT very P.C.
lilacwine13
1. Where were you 5 years ago? In Duluth, MN, severely depressed and trying to finish my degree.

2. 5 years ago, what did you (hope, pray) you'd be doing now?
I think at that point I was just hoping to be alive and not working in fast food.

Well, I'm still alive, living in Arizona, with my degree, working towards a career and possibly grad school, and my job has nothing to do with food, so I'd say pretty far off.

In grad school, working as an archaeologist, maybe living in a cooler climate

Either a nurse or a writer

Fiction--Neil Gaiman's American Gods; nonfiction--Jennifer Baumgardner's Look Both Ways. I have a tendency to read a fiction book and a nonfiction book at the same time.

Revival screening of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Yes I did.

A gold chaise lounge that doubles as my sofa. It looks like a Victorian fainting couch covered in 70's upholstery, very comfortable

Probably this XXL tie-dyed shirt with a peace sign on it.

Ghostbusters II soundtrack on cassette. (That makes me feel old...)

Having the radio set on country music, the grouchy coworkers, and getting yelled at for slacking off because I couldn't think of anything to do. (Kitchen help at a local nursing home)

Low pressure, some cool coworkers, being able to do my own thing without being interrupted

Um, maybe someone I used to work with, I don't know, I'm not really into Myspace, and am thinking about deleting my profile because I just don't care about it.

Dark hair. They were also raised Catholic, but that's not really a physical trait.

Brown, kinda shaggy and down to my shoulders. I really need to get it cut this month.

Jackass.
lananans
1. Where were you 5 years ago? In eleventh grade, rowing 6 days a week and doing IB.

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I thought I would have my life after university figured out at least.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? Very far. Graduating in May, no idea what I want to do.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Married to my boyfriend, living in a big city, happy.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? Writer.

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? One of the Gossip Girls books.

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? The Bourne Ultimatum

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? YES! It was awesome.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? Well, it was my couch until I woke up one morning and found all of my housemates and her boyfriends clothes on it with them sleeping in her bedroom. Now its my armchair in my room; the living room grosses me out.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? My kilt. I was a Catholic schoolgirl.

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Nelly Furtado - Whoa Nelly!

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? Being hit on by creepy old men - driving snack cart/working in a snack bar at a golf course.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? My boss likes me so I can get away with a lot.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? I don't have MySpace but probably my grade 7 boyfriend who I dumped because I had a crush on another boy.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? None really, I have diverse tastes.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Red, wavy, shoulder length, side bangs (which I am trying to grow out, most of the time I wear a hairband of sorts)

17. What is your favourite insult? Jackass, fucker, douchebag, asshole. I have a serious case of sailor mouth.
yuefie
1. Where were you 5 years ago? Living in San Marcos, recovering from my aunt Debbie's sudden death, after having lost mom and grandma all in a span of 2 years.

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I had no idea, I was just trying to make it through the day then.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? I'm much better off, I'd say.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Hopefully having a family of my own, and finishing a degree in something.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? A teacher or a nurse.

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote.

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Sicko.

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? It was eye opening, to say the least.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? Mmm, besides my comfy bed it would be the two hand painted tables from India.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? Oh lawd, that would be the giant Chicago Bears nightshirt my cousin Jodi gave me that I wore until it was so threadbare it was see-thru.

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Damn, I can't remember if I bought it with my own money or not but I think it was Rick Springfield's "Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet". I know for sure I bought Peter Gabriel's "So" with my own dinero.

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? It was in a scary part of town!

13. What's the best thing about your current job? The flexibility.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? I've already found a few, the best was my ma's bff Cathy.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? Hairy asses? I dunno, hahahaha.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Crap. My curls are all frizzed out, so it's up in a claw clip.

17. What is your favourite insult? Where do I begin? Fucktard, dickhead, asshat, cockbadger, shitstain, fucknut, batshit loon, douchebag, dickwad, cockgoblin, assmunch, and when I'm driving and someone is rude, just plain ol "dick!".
edie52
1. Where were you 5 years ago? Starting my 2nd year of college, which I was about to fuck up, living in a haunted and crazy communal apartment, crushing on the boy who would soon become by boyfriend for 2.5 years, and smoking too much pot.

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I was in too much of a marijuana haze to think that far ahead.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? Well, I'm living in a foreign country right now, which is something I did like to dream of as a teenager.... but also something I couldn't have predicted.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Hopefully a bit more settled. It may be too soon to say this, but I don't think I'd mind a bit if I were living with my current boyfriend, in a house with a piano and a couple of cats. Maybe done grad school, but more likely still in it.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? Trapeze artist.

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? A collection of contemporary short fiction by Japanese women, entitled "Inside."

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? The Manhattan Short Film Festival, last week.

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? No, a lot of it was bad! The Canadian animation was good though, I voted for it.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? I'm not currently living in my home. But in this place? I'll go with the nice big bathtub. Back home? My antique dresser with the big oval mirror, passed down through generations of women on my Mom's side.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? Brown Wrangler cords.

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? A Michael Jackson tape, I think.

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? The dirty dishonesty of telemarketing.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? That I don't have one!

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? Maybe my older cousin who I used to write letters to.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? A certain boyish cuteness, mixed with a certain manly handsomeness.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Wet, up in a towel. But usually- my natural medium brown, chin length, with bangs.

17. What is your favourite insult? Cunt, if it's warranted.

venetia
Flatting, just starting my degree.

Well, I thought I'd be finished the darn degree.

Not close enough! At least live in a nice house now though.

I have no idea.

I wanted to be a criminal lawyer.

Joann Sfar - the Rabbi's Cat.

Superbad.

I liked it even more than I thought I would.

The sofa bed.

*cringe*

probably a madonna album.

wasps stinging me. (fruit picking)

no wasps here.

my friends aren't really lost.

um... they all had all their fingers and toes?

short and blonde.

alas I'm trying to come up with a new one because I don't like any of the ones I use.
shinyx3
married to the wrong man getting ready to move to germany

as i was already aware i was married to the wrong man i had no idea where i would be going or what i would be doing in the future

maybe still in montana, i love my home here, but maybe somewhere else. i don't really know but if we have a great opportunity i can't see why we wouldn't take it. hopefully i will be running our company, but that can be done from pretty much any where.

sing, dance, be on stage, be famous

in the company of the courtesan. i liked it.

um, oh right, we went to see 'knocked up' right before i had our baby

yes

well, i guess the dining room table but i am not really attached to any of the furniture.

my orange bum equipment sweatshirt. i still have it. it is a total rag though.

i think it was motley crue - girls girls girls

omg, was there anything good about it? fiddler and i worked at a really horrible motel, cleaning rooms.

i am not working outside the home right now and that is wonderful because i get to be a mom. i didn't get to just be a mom with shinyboy and i am so glad that i have the chance to just take care of my kids. at least a few more months. lil is not ready for daycare yet, only 8 wks old.

if i used myspace, mary, she is such a neat person and i wish i had kept in contact with her

thinking . . . i guess that none of then are particularly tall. not overly short, just not over 6 ft. other than that they really have nothing in common physicaly

about 2.5 in past my collar bone, blond with really bad roots showing. straight, layered (i have a air apt on wed)

17. What is your favorite insult?
fool, mooncalf, dumbass
mouse
oh jeeze, i do love me some surveys!!!!

october 2002: newly moved to jamaica plain in boston, living with three other rad girls, going to art school, working at the mfa.

living in a city by myself with a cat and lots of plants and a big sunny apartment, making art.

living in a city by myself with no cat and lots of plants and a tiny sunny apartment, making art.

same thing i am doing now, but with more skill and for better clients. hopefully getting laid a little bit more.

i wanted to be an illustrator!

anne tyler, "the accidental tourist"

hm. could it really have been "bourne ultimatum"??? ew.

i didn't think i would like it, and i didn't!

small pink chest of drawers

i had a fantastic pair of vintage wrangler jeans that i wore until they fell apart. also a bright yellow shirt with a bee on it that said "MR. BEE!" that was stolen from the laundry room in college sad.gif

greenday's "dookie". on cassette tape. *shame*

i was a dishwasher in a seafood restaurant. what WASN'T the worst thing??

i get to draw for a living

a.g.

penis

chin length, reddish brown, shaggy

ponyfucker!
kiss_the_fiddler
In the larger town north of here, getting used to being married to my sweet wife and working on my undergrad in social work.

I thought I'd be working as a social worker in my town.

Not very close. I continued school, finished my undergrad and my master's in social work. Moved to a different town. Joined the fire department. not working in social work at all

I hope I'm parenting a 4 year old child. living in the same house. still on the fire department. happily running my own business. still married to my sweet wife.

I wanted to be an OB doc.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility

oof. It's been so long, I don't remember.

don't remember

My bed.

A tee shirt I have with a map of the missiles in Montana on it.

Emmylou Harris or Itzak Perlman

That it was McDonalds and I had to drive an old truck into town for a stupid short little shift for three bucks an hour.

That it pushes me and I'm constantly learning new things.

boobs

short but needs cut, sort of reddish brown and getting shaggy

fuck-tard
funnybird
Living in a big house-share in north London, planning to quit my badly-paid job.

Still living in London, married to Architect Boy, with a great job and maybe a baby.

Well I managed the marriage part... And I still live in London.

Hopefully still married! Hopefully I'll have managed to quit the badly paid job...

I wanted to be a nurse, because that was what my Mum was.

Freakanomics.

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theatre?
Sunshine.

Yes.

Our bed. No other bed feels quite right.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from teenage years?
A red and white flowery tea-dress, worn with my Doc Marten boots. A look inspired by Claire Danes in 'My So Called Life'.

Madonna, 'The Immaculate Collection'. On Tape.

The paper cuts. I was stuffing envelopes for mail-outs.

The flexi-time.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on myspace?
Probably Tom, my ex. He had some issues, and I'd just like to know that things worked out okay for him.

15. What physical traits do the bulk of your exes share?
Cheekbones and beautiful mouths.

Like I cut it myself. Which I did.

17. What's your favourite insult?
Cock (which can sound supremely disdainful if said correctly), or fucking fuckhead.

missladyj
chi-town in my little house on the west side that I recently purchased

done with my masters degree

3. How close or far did you come to that mark?I will be done this summer

working on my EdD or PhD. or teaching health
Be a conductor of an orchestra on roller skates and a vetenarian

Starship Troopers By Heinlien. Also just finished Brief Lives the Sandman comic series . Best comic book evah!

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theatre?
Transformers

Yes.

Our bedroom set

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from teenage years?
a team alva skate shirt, an h-street jacket.

Duran Duran Rio

Working in a mall

my students

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on myspace?
Josh

15. What physical traits do the bulk of your exes share?
smarmy white boys

layery bob.

17. What's your favourite insult?
douche bag, fucktard, dickweed. stupid whore

flanker_ji
Living in a house with my friends in Aptos, CA. It was my first time living away from home, I had disposable income, and I was livin' it up.

Living in a large city, working in the IT field, and possibly living with my boyfriend.

Ha... I'm at least a football field away from that mark!

Living here, Portland, or Seattle, finishing school, starting a business, and a family too.

I wanted to be a veternarian at first, then a fashion designer, then an actor.

A book with possibly the most misleading title ever - How to Make Every Man Want You (or Make Yours Want You More).

The Simpsons Movie, I think.

Yes!

The multi-color striped Ikea armchair my best friend gave me for my birthday years ago.

This is such a hard one... I was a hardcore collector of awesome things. I guess I'll say my black/gray/white paisley print docs. They're still going strong!

I got a few tapes at the same time... NKOTB - The Right Stuff, Color Me Badd - 1st (only?) album, and Portrait. Oy...

That the lawyer I worked for always, ALWAYS had Bob Dylan playing. I could. not. stand. his voice.

The fun co-workers and guests.

Uh... almost any of 'em would do, really. I love reconnecting.

They're all pretty lean, in a muscular way.

Chin-length, curly, reddish brown bob.

D-hole. Like, worse than a-hole. Ever since my friend Laura introduced me to it, I find myself saying it all the time. And then on TV Sunday night, someone said "he's a grade-D slice of jackass!" So I might have to work that one in now. laugh.gif
pollystyrene
1. Where were you 5 years ago? Living with my parents, had one year of working in customer service at an insurance company behind me (and another 4 years ahead of me *shudder*), dating LeBoy for a little over a year, with a disposable income (oh how I miss thee!)

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I thought I'd be not in my parent's house, married, with a job I liked

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? Not in parent's house, in a job I pretty much like, not married.

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Married, possibly still at this job, in a real house

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? Teacher, something with animals or Murphy Brown

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? I *finally* finished Harry Potter 7 yesterday

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Once

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? It was pretty good.

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? My purple-y Oriental rug

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? My Hole t-shirt, Cobain-esque cardigan, Chuck Taylors

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Hungry For Stink, L7

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? I worked at Fannie May Candies and I was (and still am) horrible at making change. We had an old cash register that wouldn't tell you how much you needed, so I was constantly giving people the wrong change and they weren't happy about it.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? They don't care how much I'm on the internet, as long as I get my work done.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? Mmm, I don't know if there's anyone I want to find me. Seeing as how I have almost no identifiable information on my account, they'd really have to try.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? A good sense of humor is what they've all had in common.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Roots showing (but I'm waiting 2 more months to color it because I had a bad allergic reaction last time), bangs for the first time in 15 years that are still a work in progress.

17. What is your favourite insult? Ass-monkey, crap-weasel....some very non-P.C. ones like humanist when I'm driving.
doodlebug
Ooh! Fun narcissim! wink.gif

Living here but rarely home: dating a woman 4 hours away, trying to build a province-wide coalition of women's organizations, running an electronic activists' network, and protesting the government at every opportunity.

Living under a different provincial government who would hire me to consult on women's equality issues.

I'm unemployed and I hope to never have to work for a non-profit again, 'cause it almost killed me. Literally.

A rock star. At least, on a local level.

I wanted to be Wonder Woman or a singer.

Just about finished re-reading The Mists of Avalon. Last one before that was...um...The Chrysalids, I think. Another re-read.

I don't even remember - how pathetic is that?

See above.

Changes daily, depending on what weird arrangement I'm concocting. Actually, my next piece of furniture is always my favourite.

My Iron Maiden t-shirt from the "Piece of Mind" tour.

The soundtrack from the Broadway musical, Annie.

Tie: getting up at 5:30 AM/working for an evil/crazy/dysfunctional family.

Not having one, my favourite thing is not having to get up early.

Presuming that I were on MySpace, my best friend from grades 5 - 10, Rhonda.

Androgyny.

Overgrown, growing out fuzzy from when it was falling out, kind of wavy, dyed red and fading a bit - kind of wild and unruly. Honestly, I have no idea what my hair is doing.

Tie: "ya bastard" / "dumbass" / "fucking wanker"
sybarite
Let the procrastination continue...

Same city, freelancing and madly in love with the mister.

Ideally making a decent living from features writing online and in print.

Still do the freelancing but have made a swerve back into academia.

Hopefully in another city, writing and researching, with the mister and my doctorate! If I could produce/present my own arts show on the radio that would be a bonus.

A writer and/or an actor.

Re-read The Long Falling by Keith Ridgway, set in Dublin.

Michael Clayton, for reviewing.

Yes. Smart film.

My stereo, my Tivoli radio and my laptop.

Yikes. Where to start? I had a great little secondhand army jacket I wore for years.

Um. Xanadu. I was very young.

I didn't yet hate working in customer service, so not too much. My boyfriends/flings used to track me down at work though.

Fluidity. Genuinely enjoying the work itself.

Probably an ex or two.

Brainy, thinnish and creative.

Back to what appears to be my natural colour, browny-blonde (haven't seen it in years) and layered. Needs a cut.

Asswipe. Fucker. Inbred shithead.
treehugger

Living in a waterfront shack in a small town; commuting to work at UW-Madison.

Living in a fully renovated beautiful quarter-million waterfront home, commuting to work at UW Madison

Living in a not-quite quarter million condo in Madison riding public transportation to work at UW Madison.

Living in a smaller, more affordable but still nice condo within walking distance of downtown.

Either a meterologist or a geologist.

All the way through? Is there such a thing?

Interview with a vampire.

Mmmm, yeah, I suppose.

My butter-yellow colored leather sofa. It fits me perfectly.

I have no idea. Maybe my stiletto boots.

Blondie..can't remember the album name but it had "the tide is high" and "rapture" on it.

Working in a sweater/textile mill for piece rate. You had to work your fingers to the bone, practically, to make minimum wage. And it was so hot my fingernail polish would melt if it were applied within 24 hours of a shift.

Freedom, I float all over campus without a boss watching me. Money. Instant gratification. Not having to dress up. Being able to have a nose piercing. Looking at all the hottie college aged boys. Using skills that I worked hard to develop.

L.L.

15. What do all your exes have in common?

Um...they all had both eyes, still?

Badly in need of a cut/color, brown roots appearing in red-dyed hair. Money's tight right now. Ponytails are the rule of the day.

One of them's long but worth it: "He's so full of himself he cries out his own name when he's masturbating" The other one is simply, "shitbag"
freckleface7
Living in Germany, pre-packing to return to the States: taking last minute trips to France & Poland and Ireland, so I could shop shop shop & get it all included w/ our household goods shipment on the boat back.

I think I honestly thought I'd be saving the world in small increments, helping one woman at a time.

umm, I burned out BIGTIME about 2 years ago and have done little "good" sinse then, but am beginning to reorganize myself. into what I'm still not sure.

Looking at the mr's retirement from the Army & the infinite possibilites of true freedom to live where WE want (as opposed to the needs of the Army) which is anywhere from KY to somewhere on the coast (beach side) or maybe we/I'll open up that quaint little book store on the shores of Lake Michigan I've always dreamed about...
I really dig the "we"- ness of being married lately and kinda dig the idea that he & I might open up some sort of business together in the future.

at 5 it was a toss up between nurse & ballerina, bc I dug the cute little hat & the tutu. by age 8 it was a classical flutist.

'Eva Moves the Furniture.' kinda spooky in the way of that movie w/ nicole kidman ' the Others' a good read!

Pirates #2.

not as good as #1 I didn't think, but I'd watch jonny depp on screen doing absolutely no-thing and still be utterly happy

too tough, I'm a furniture freak; my antique rocker maybe? every stick in my home is meaningful, so I'll have to go w/ my wall colors, which are vibrant green and white & yellow and blue- so far!

vintage men's fedora & short gloves; I wore those everywhere & looked damned cute.

probably something by James Galway the flutist; I recently replaced my old albums of his for cd's.

sticky pennies and nickles and dimes dropped onto the candy counter at the old movie theater; that & having to take the money upstairs to the projection room in the dark when the flickery reel to reel movie was running.. the owner collected stuffed pheasants & they were *everywhere* * I'd bump into them & want to scream every time I went up there.

ha. I guess I'd have to say 'the hours & the ability to fart around whenever I want.'

I don't have a MySpace page.

15. What do all your exes have in common?
I've been married a zillion years now, but I'd have to say intelliegence, esp the mr. ( or maybe he's just the biggest smart-Ass? wink.gif )

between chin & shoulder legnth smooth bob, brown w/ growing out platinum & reddish highlights .everyone says it still looks great but I'm soon to get several inches lobbed off and then reconsider the coloring again, maybe red? auburn? totally platinum? depends on my mood in the moment.

fucker. (said w. a sneer)
bustygirl
I don't know which is more fun. Writing surveys, answering surveys, or reading all the funny answers.

One thing is sure, we is some smart, funny bitches.
bunnyb
1. Where were you 5 years ago? taking a semester off uni as had royally fucked up, trying to keep my distance from my no good ex, becoming friendly with the boy after meeting him two weeks previously.

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? I thought I would have a successful graduate job and have moved out of my parent's home.

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? HAH!

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Married to the boy, living in our beautiful home, with at least two cats, working a job I love and writing whenever I can.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? Be a writer.

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? Alias Grace, Margaret Atwood.

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Tarantino's Death Proof.

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? I loved it!

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? My bed and bookcases (all silver).

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? A pair of short denim dungarees and a 3/4 length sleeve, straight neck, lilac jumper in the softest wool.

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? So Far So Good, Bryan Adams.

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? It was a job and was practically minimum wage.

13. What's the best thing about your current job? It pays really well for the type of job.

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? They are lost for a reason.

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? Arse-holes.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Longer than normal, layered, blonde highlights, brown low-lights.

17. What is your favourite insult? arse-hole, fucker, fuckwit.
raisingirl
I am probably enjoying reading everyone's answers more than I should.

Silver
bookcases, Bunny?!
bunnyb
Not real silver, sliver finish (although I would encase my books in gold if I could). I have a few of these silver-coloured bookcases from good ol' Ikea.
raisingirl
Aha! I was thinking, she can't mean sterling silver-coated bookcases.... OR CAN SHE?! I bet it's pretty in person. "Ooh, shiny!"
pinkpoodle
Bwahahaha!! I'm lovin' hearing about everyone's first albums and first jobs!!! There were so many responses that cracked me up that I can't even post em all!! Shit. I love that all of FJ's former loves share a "broken heart!!" Damn!!

Zoya, I love that your first album was Journey's "Escape!!" Did you buy it on vinyl? Just so ya know, original Escape tour t-shirts sell for buttloads on ebay. I'm sure early Escape vinyl presses would do very well, too, but only for the diehards. Check the press number. /music nerdiness.

I love all of the Madonna-related posts!! Culture wanted to be Madonna!! That's so cute!!

Okay.

Graduated from college, moved into poodlepad, adopted kitties, already working at lameass appraisal job that I'm still doing.

Graduate school for urban design or urban planning, in some other part of the country besides Minnesota.

Completely opposite!! I'm still in Minnesota and I looove it!! No plans for grad school, either.

Still living in the new Poodlepalace, maybe with a special man friend

Architect. I even went to school for it, but then I decided that I didn't want to design office buildings for the rest of my life. Now I just appraise them.

Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Klosterman. Pretty funny. I loved the Saved by the Bell chapter.

Knocked Up...with my mom.

No. It probably didn't help that my mom was there.

50's formica table with green felt gambling table underneath--perfect for making apple pies and then playing bridge with the neighborhood housewives afterwards.

Puke green, holey cardigan sweater

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? Indigo Girls "Rites of Passage"

Cleaning whipped cream off the walls (though, it was better than cleaning vomit out of sinks like I did in college...for a buck more)

My own office with two 18-foot windows

I've found most of the long-lost highschool friends I care about on MySpace, but I'd love to come across a couple college friends.

Most of them have been my height or shorter. I've only dated a couple taller than me.

Scraggily shoulder length dark brown

Usually involves the word "ass."
tankgirl
1. Where were you 5 years ago? in school, smoking a lot of pot, drinking hard liquior, making art everyone was ashamed of saying they liked

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? married, kid, condo, not making art anymore

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? very far from it, and im GLAD

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? ashville, NC married, making art i can be proud of

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? vet, came close

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? choke

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? the grudge... the first one

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? yes

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? my record shelves

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? my punk hoodie that i sewed bear ears on, i still have it

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money?guns and roses, use your illusion 1

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? i worked in a library and i loved it

13. What's the best thing about your current job? i work on the edge of the ocean

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? max

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? they all have wonderful hair and soft eyes

16. What does your hair look like right now? i got it cut today for the first time in 10ish years, its curly and long and blue/green

17. What is your favourite insult? anus face
edie52
Madonna was my first Halloween costume!
p_176
culturehandy - aren't those books by lincoln child and douglas preston the best? i've read the whole series!

6 months out of college, working for a nonprofit, investigating housing discrimination, saving to move out of my parents house

No idea.

Well I was able to use that nonprofit job to get a govt job, still working in the same area of interest (housing)

DC, still working for govt, married, on my second house and renting out the first one.

Attorney, singer, writer

A few things by janet evanovich….the Y: The Last Man series of comic books

The Jessica Alba and Dane Cook movie

Actually, yea, since my expectations were pretty low

My bed. It’s like heaven. After that, my octagonal shaped coffee table.

No idea.

I can’t remember….I was in the single digits then.

I worked with a lot of people whose children were a similar age as the other younger coworkers and me (high school/college), so sometimes the supervisors talked to you like they would their kids, instead of as a colleague/coworker/adult.

Getting a promotion and raise, flex schedules, ability to switch to a compressed schedule and thus have off every friday

David Woodard – last I heard from him was in 1995 and he lived in Oregon. He’s a childhood friend; we met at age 3.

Oh. Physical trait. Hmmm. Great eyes, muscular, tall…

Out. Relatively brushed.

Idiot.

gumby_cc
Still in art school, but living two blocks away from where I live now. I had just met my husband.

I thought I'd be single and traveling the world.

Woah, I was way off. I never thought I'd be living here or married right now.

Hopefully lots of things will be different (except the husband)....new job, new place to live, and new career (I'm all talk)

It said in my fifth grade yearbook I wanted to be an artist, so I was right in that regard

Little Children

King of Kong

I liked it way more than I thought I would! It was awesome!!

I guess the bookcase that belonged to the original owner of my mom's house, which was built in 1907.

Haha, blue fingernail polish and flannel shirts (so grungy!)

Vanilla Ice, To the Extreme

The pay---they hired boys my age at a higher salary than me, so they were getting paid more when I was training them myself.

Working with kids who are really funny, and the diversity.

Geez, I have no idea.

Being Asian

Long and boring. I want to cut it.

hmm. Tool? Wanker? I kind of like a lot.
sassygrrl
Living in a cool part of Midtown (Atlanta) and working a shit job

I thought I'd be in Atlanta still, working at a non-profit, and had a decent relationship.

Well, I'm living in a suburb of Atlanta, and have a great relationship. Still looking for a good job.

Hopefully out of grad school, working as a librarian in Portland/Seattle. Married to Mcgeek or at least engaged.

Paleotogolist.

Amazing Adventures of Kaliviar and Clay

Heartbreak Kid

It was okay.

My bed or the bookcases.

This blue shirt from Banana Republic that was cool, b/c it was before BR went all posh.

Michael Jackson's Thriller
I was working at my college as a orientation advisor. I didn't like the people I was working with. Very phony.

Unemployed right now... trying to get back into non-profits though
Kenneth--he was my first crush in grade school.
a great sense of humor
Boring.
fucktard, shithead, asshat, anything with a variation of fuck in it.
raisingirl
Abroad, in school (again).

I thought if I was lucky to be done with school, I'd be working as an interpreter for the UN.

I went in a completely different direction.

Ooh, I have some big ideas up my sleeve and I'd rather not jinx it by spilling it. (Sorry, Busty)

Writer. That was the only thing I ever imagined myself doing.

(I've read so many half-books in the meantime) Eat, Pray, Love. I have conflicted opinions about the book (I really wanted to 100% love it) and how the author had enough $ from Coyote Ugly to go around the world for a year. Loved the Italian section for the pure pleasure-seeking goodness; couldn't relate to the meditation stuff.

I honestly don't remember. It's been at least 2 years since I was in a theater. I hate how people are so rude, so I avoid the theater most of the time now -- I make exceptions on special occasions. But movies don't really do anything for me anyway, unless they are the old classics (which I totally swoon over... mmm, Cary Grant).

N/A

My grandfather's bookcase. Oh, and the bunny has his own little sofa which I adore.

My Guess? denim jacket that I turned into wearable art, and all of the Esprit clothes I "modified" as well.

I am ashamed to say that THIS IS SO SAD THAT I DON'T REMEMBER! My own money? It may have been Duran Duran, but I can't confirm it. It may have been Heart.

No complaints, I was a kid and Pa Raisin was my boss and on the weekends when I worked, for a special treat we'd actually leave the office to get lunch from McDonald's. Hahah! Such a novelty. Chicken nuggets and french fries and a root beer, I lived for that shit. Livin' large.

I have to speak in very general terms here and say being an influence to colleagues who dream of someday doing my job, wanting to know what I did to get there and encouraging them and cheering them on.

NOBODY. I fucking hate MySpace, even though I'm on it. I have long lost friends that I know would find me through other ways, like through our parents or schools or mutual friends. I kind of wonder from time to time what Audrey is doing, she was a girl in elementary school whose father was a diplomat and they moved all around the world every year.

Inferiority complexes. I can't think of a shared physical trait except...... no tattoos?

Long layers, curly, its natural color. I'm trying to grow it longer and haven't had it cut in about 8 months.

It's a tie between asshole and fucktard.
bunnyb
raisin, the writer of Eat, Pray, Love was in Coyote Ugly?
freckleface7
[quote name='raisingirl' date='Oct 9 2007, 07:53 PM' post='172784']
[color=#cc0000]
My grandfather's bookcase. Oh, and the bunny has his own little sofa which I adore.

oh oh oh! can I change my answer to #9 ? <said in best faux beatle-esque>

raisin's answer totally jogged my brain & I am much ashamed that I forgot the 'other man in my life.'
Bing Bong.
he is my German antique Grandfather clock.
he is tall & dark & has original brass workings and fragile swing arm & original leaded glass and is absolutely Magnificent in his simplicity. I'm still trying to research his exact origins but have narrowed it down to the Black Forest area and believe him to be one of only a few made by that artisan as he is numbered and signed.
frecklette & mr freckle mock him, but I know they are just jealous of the great bond he & I share.
I was so drawn to him that I dumbfounded the mr by not only producing the money (in cash euro's) for him from a hidden spot, but to then admit I had been saving it to pay for a suprise trip to ireland but this was more important to me.
I don't even like clocks like that as an overall rule, but he & I have a sort of kismet to fulfill I am sure.
vesicapisces
Oooh, how did I miss this???

Just back from Scotland, living in my crappy old apartment, working same place.

I don't make plans or think that far ahead.

N/A

Working same place unless I get independently wealthy. Or fired.

Paleontologist, psychologist, rock star

Pursuit, by Thomas Perry, a really well-done thriller.

Eastern Promises

It was a good deal gorier than I expected but really good.

either my rocking chair or The Celestial Desk, which started its life as a school desk until it was painted bright colors and collaged with hand-painted sun, star, moon, comet images.

I don't still own any of it, but I had a batik shirt that I loved to pieces. Literally.

?? "with my own money" - my first record was Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, which I probably bought with gift money.

The low pay - otherwise I loved it (working in a florist shop.)

The cause (I work in women's health.)

Don't do MySpace.

Dark hair/eyes.

Asymmetrical - shorter on the left than the right, smooth and sort of modified Betty Boop if I take the time to straighten it, wavy-curly if I don't.

Fuckwit, asshat, moron, dickweed, an enthusiastic "SUCK IT!" to people who piss me off (thank you, Kathy Griffin.)
olivarria
1. Where were you 5 years ago? just out of high school, starting college, living with my parents, living in a nothing north TX town

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? having a career in.....something

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? I stopped going to school then picked it up again, but my goals are much more focused now, thank goodness

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Done with grad school and living in Central TX. Hopefully working in a library or non-profit, either that or traveling the world. Maybe even pregnant or married or both. Making art and writing.

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? I wanted to be a ceramicist like Demi Moore in "Ghost"

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? Fear of Flying by Erica Jong

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Kill Bill II, a long time ago on a date

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? It was better than the first

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? A bed and dresser from Italy, also Italian blankets

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? An Indian scarf from belly-dancing

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? I think it was a Janet Jackson cassette - "Rhythm Nation"

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? Retail and calluses on my feet

13. What's the best thing about your current job? I'm a temp and all my jobs are in a nice cool office....with mostly grown-ups

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? Don't have a Myspace

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? Big eyes and glasses. Intellectual and subversive. I've dated 3 Buddhists but that's a coincidence.

16. What does your hair look like right now? Messy and long, auburn-brown. I need a haircut really bad.

17. What is your favourite insult? You big dummy
LoveMyPugs
I was 20 and moving into my first apartment with Mr. Pugs. I was working part time at a bank. I was going to school part time. I had just got my first pug and named her Pinky Floyd after my favorite band.

I was hoping I'd be married by now with a baby on the way. I figured I be done school and working in education.

Well, Mr. Pugs and I have our house and it's wonderful. We are engaged but not married YET. I left the bank I was at and went to another only to leave there and go back to school full time. I switched majors twice since going for education. I now have two pugs. Shelby is our new one who we adopted. Mr. Pugs and I are wonderful and doing fantastic.

I better be fucking married and at least pregnant. I better be done school and working in the field. A new car would be nice as well.

I actually wanted to be a nun when I was younger (all you fun with floggers busties better stop laughing right now). laugh.gif

The Marcelli Bride by Susan Mallery

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

It was freaking great. Just got it for Christmas and watched it tonight.

I love the desk that I inherited from my grandmother. I also love my tempurpedic bed.

I had this little black shirt that zippered up the front. It looked great on me.

I think it was probably MC Hammer or something like that. Might have been Janet Jackson. I'm not sure.

I was a receptionist and I had this buzzer thing to open the door with. It used to drive me crazy when the same old employees would forget their access badge day after day and I'd have to let them in.

Currently, I'm a fulltime student. The best part about it is that schedule always changes and I'm never bored.

Well, my cousin is "lost" right now and I'd sure wish she'd check her myspace so I'd know she was alive.

I think they are mostly stocky guys.

Long, thick, wavy, brown, maybe a little dirty (needs to be washed).

calling other females asshole. just cracks me up. also like to tell Mr. Pugs to sh-up (yes sh-up not shut up).
snow white
i was 16 and in highschool, which i hated. i was doing my best to be a so called unique individual...

i thought i'd be in new york city living with artists, writers and perhaps a stinkingly rich dirty old man

i still live at home and my interests are now almost entirely different, although i still enjoy hanging out with the occasional artist/writer.

i'd like to be a flight attendant living in pretty much any city. more than anything else i hope i'll be in a serious and healthy relationship. maybe i'll be thinking about moving into a more long-term career involving health care.

i wanted to be a writer (i still do)

20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill (awesome book, btw)

Black Snake Moan

I went to see it on a whim and it was just me and this creepy fat guy in the theater. it only added to the films natural..um, creepyness. so i guess thats a yes

the couch

my numerous pairs of ripped jeans, god i loved them

Leann Rymes, and now i wish i still had it b/c she does have a kick-ass voice

i was a desk clerk at the ymca and besides being painfully boring i had a real bitch for a supervisor (i can say that b/c i was wrongfully fired by her)

currently i'm sort of a "home health aid" for mentally disabled ppl. it's easy and even kinda fun, plus the hours are super flexible and the pay is the best i can get around here for an entry level postion in my area.

my friend jeff from highschool isn't long lost, he's just married (is there a difference). he was at one time my best friend and i really miss talking to him.

they're all tall & a touch of counter-culture

i have bed head

hmm, usually stupid things i make up on the spot, like cumquat or snatch burger. the other day my girlfriend referred to "cumberland farms" as "cumface farms" which i still think is hilarious, i don't know if i could use it to insult anyone tho
coela

In University (and not too happy about it)

God knows! I just hoped I would be a lot happier, and not live in that horrible town.

A lot happier - check. Not living in that horrible town - check. + two good jobs = bonus!

I hope I'm happily involved with someone, and I hope I have my own company.
And I would like to have a child.

I wanted to be a writer or an artist. Still do (and doing, at least part time).

Don't remember, I seldom finish books. It's a bad habit.

Red Road (and it was verrrry good)

I didn't know anything about it, except the basic plot and that it was a female director
and had something to do with Lars Von Trier in one way or another

The couch. How original.

My DIY Manic Street Preachers top made out of my fave night gown that I had when I was 10,
complete with rose bud pattern and stenciled phrases like "Wearing hate like you wear money"

Introspective - Pet Shop Boys, when I was 12
(a remix album, although I didn't realize that for years. Still like the remixes better.)

I was a columnist at the local newspaper when I was 18-21, and the worst part was the hate mail from racists
who called me a stupid, naive hippie every time I mentioned anything positive about immigrants and/or other cultures,
and the stalker who called me every day, several times a day, for weeks and weeks to talk about the book he was writing
about an old lady who was his neighbour, and about the time he visited the red light district in Amsterdam. He was VILE.

I like to tell myself it gives me quite a lot of freedom, but since deadlines are so short I will have to think of something else.
Maybe... um.. it's fun to see your own words in print?

I've already found him on Facebook, but sadly he doesn't seem to be all that interested in rekindling the friendship.
He has a girlfriend now, and since I'm his ex, maybe that's why. I noticed I was the Hottest & Most desirable in his
Compare People-thingy, haha. Yes I know, the Compare People-thingy is childish. But still.

Most of them are/were very skinny and pale, and in one way or another involved in the alterrrnative scene. rolleyes.gif

Tousled, parted at the side.

Don't really have one, although I do enjoy the (very local) expression "Well kiss my ass and call me a blacksmith!"

adnarim
working in cosmetics at the mall....

still working in cosmetics, though in a higher position

no where near close.

hopefully done with college and working - but I would really like to own my own business, I think and maybe have more children

actress, dancer, singer

survivor by chuck pahlaunik (sp???)

Capote (looong time ago)

I always immensely enjoy Phillip Seymour Hoffman

my bed

nothing that actually held up. I use to have tons of pairs of various colored tights that I loved.

The Monkees

It was at a water park and hot and sunny and boring.

I don't have one.

Someone I used to work with. I tried finding her and couldn't.

scrawny

disheveled, but vaguely resembling a "That Girl" bob

My friend and I like to say things that could possibly sound sweet but are mean. Like "Wow. That is one ugly car! Of course, it's not as ugly as you...."

calpurnia
1. Where were you 5 years ago? Working part-time as a dental receptionist.

2. 5 years ago, what did you think you'd be doing now? Working in a cushy government job

3. How close or far did you come to that mark? Pretty far – got my law degree – now working in the legal world

4. Where do you think you'll be 5 years from now? Happy in work, and with a love (Damn - I better be!!!)

5. When you were a little kid, what did you want to do for a living? Teacher

6. What was the last book you read all the way through? Running with Scissors – stories about severely dysfunctional families make me feel that mine wasn’t quite so bad …

7. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? The Darjeeling Limited (cos Death At a Funeral was full)

8. Did you like it as much as you thought you would? Had no expectations – see above – but given came from same director as Royal Tenenbaums (which I love) was a little disappointing

9. What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home? Big, comfy sofa.

10. What is your favourite piece of clothing from your teenage years? Black cord fitted jacket

11. What was the first record you ever bought with your own money? ABBA - Arrival

12. What was the worst thing about your first paying job? – the dirt

13. What's the best thing about your current job? – the people

14. Which long lost friend do you wish would find you on MySpace? I don't do MySpace – but Craig S

15. What physical trait do the bulk of your exes share? Dark hair and tall

16. What does your hair look like right now? Blond, curly

17. What is your favourite insult? Not that I’ve used it but (with gratitude to WC Fields) ‘I may be drunk, but you are ugly and at least I’ll be sober in the morning’. But I generally just use 'Fuckwit'.
knorl05
Jan03 hmm? Not in a good place.

I was hoping to be in art school.

Took A class at school of choice, but then decided it was entirely too expensive to go there.

By the way things are looking, divorced, living back at home with my parents. Lol. Playin. Hopefully still in Chicago, writing, showing my art, and working as a counselor with "at risk"/disadvantaged youth.

Writer. Artist. Vet.

Freedom by Osho.

The Golden Compass.

Had no idea what it was about, except the fact that it's supposed to be controversial. I dug it.

Grandfather's piano.

God I have no idea, I've gone through more fabric than Betsy Johnson.

I think Smashing Pumpkins, Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness. No wait, I think Lemonheads. Those were tapes though. Most of my friends are dj's but oddly enough I've never gotten into records.

That the kids could be brats and the dog was spawned from the devil. And the parents weirded me out sometimes.

That I dont have to go in.

They already found me. No longer have a profile. Rather anticlimactic.

Tall. Slender.

Burgundy, past my shoulders, blunt bangs, black ends.

Jackass. Chode. Fucking idiots.
crazyoldcatlady
In love and stressed to high hell with school load.

Doing what I'm doing now.

Doing what I'm doing now, only in a different locale.

Jesus. I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow. No, I lied. I'm going to sleep in. I'm going to the gym. I'm cleaning the house. Five years from now? Lather, rinse, repeat, but with more money and a pool boy.

Something creative and low paying.

IV, by Chuck Klosterman. I want to fuck his wit.

No Country for Old Men

Meh. I was indifferent. But Javier Bardem was so convincing I don't think I'll ever be able to look at him the same way again.

Dark cherry bookshelf

Plain, nondescript blue hoodie

Tape: En Vogue, Funky Divas.
CD: Red Hot Chili Peppers, One Hot Minute.

Oh Gawd. I was a checker at a grocery store, and people wouldn't put their meat (chicken breasts, ground chuck, etc) in plastic bags, and all the meat juice would leak and smear across the scanner as it went by. My hands were black and sticky at the end of the day from handling money and meat (like a prostitute!)

It's a more laid back field than other disciplines. Better hours, too.

No one, really.

Douchebaggery. And sexy eyes.

Reddish brown, blunt ends.

CUNT. because so many people won't say it. perhaps the last taboo swear. i think it's rockstar.
loridk
-Stressed out. New mom. Planning my wedding (sort of, I'm not so into that stuff)

-In a band? Being more stressed? I was so unsure of what was up then that I couldn't plan for 5 years ahead.

-Very far off. I bought a house, had 2 more kids, got the coolest doggy ever and am generally all around happy.

-Hopefully with a new house.

-A rock star or a lawyer.

-I can't remember. I read a lot. I also start lots of books and don't finish them. I *think* it was Punk Rock Dad by the singer of Pennywise.

-Juno

-Yes

-My bed!

-My black flight jacket

-Offspring -Smash

-12 hour shifts. Other than that, I actually liked it.

-I get to stay at home? Soon I start my new job and that will be making web sites, which I enjoy also.

-Stephanie Beno

-They mostly look like bad asses haha

-Kinda terrible as I'm growing it out. A sort of punk rock, longer bangs, old Brody Armstrong maybe-ish look. The colour is black.

-Douchebag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.