Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hiv Testing
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
psychicfemme
The point of this poll is to raise consciousness about HIV testing, and how relatively rarely that discussion happens. Testing nowadays involves a mouth swab and a 20 minute wait for results. It's easy to assume you're safe because you don't think you're really at risk. But how many degrees of separation (as measured in sex partners) are there between you and an iv drug user or prostitute? And most of those who transmit the disease do not know they have it. I think it's useful to have this discussion, as HIV has not been discussed in this forum before as far as I can tell.

pf
faerietails2
No, the point of this thread is to talk about bonbons! smile.gif

Have one, pf. Perhaps your bitchy intent to kill off all STD talk on these boards is due to a sugar crash. smile.gif
pixiedust
QUOTE(psychicfemme @ Nov 5 2007, 03:44 PM) *
The point of this poll is to raise consciousness about HIV testing,... as HIV has not been discussed in this forum before as far as I can tell.

pf

As a matter of fact it has been discussed multiple times in the STD thread, but there is only so far the topic can go before people lose interest and the topic dies....like this thread hopefully will some day.
pepper
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Nov 5 2007, 05:36 PM) *
people lose interest and the topic dies....like this thread hopefully will some day.

no no no! i love this, and extra place to read about cake, pie, bonbons and icecream! don't die thread, please don't die!
psychofembot on the other hand can graciously pass away offa this forum anytime though laugh.gif

ok, in all seriousness here, i just gotta ask... what is the point of using the ignore function and Not peaking if peeps are just gonna quote the dirty fucker's shit in their posts? kinda defeats the purpose of putting them on ignore if i gotta read that crap in posts i Can see, eh? wink.gif
culturehandy
Isn't it also immature to name call? Geez pf I didn't realise that you were high and mighty. If all users on this board are morons and you are a user on this board, using that logic, it also makes you a moron!

You calling us morons is like the pot calling the kettle black. People who live in moron houses shouldn't throw stones. Hey, do you all remember tha episode of Roseanne, when Roseanne tells David's mom that people in glass whore houses shouldn't throw stones? Heh.
psychicfemme
This poll is designed to raise consciousness about HIV testing, and how relatively rarely that discussion happens. Testing nowadays involves a mouth swab and a 20 minute wait for results. It's easy to assume you're safe because you don't think you're really at risk. But how many degrees of separation (as measured in sex partners) are there between you and an iv drug user or prostitute? And most of those who transmit the disease do not know they have it. I think it's useful to have this discussion, as HIV has not been discussed in this forum before.

pf

ps...Thank you to the SAME and very BORING group of not too BRIGHT (let's face it) "busties" that are intent on disrupting serious dicussion on this topic. Please grow up someday (although I don't believe in miracles, and my psychic powers predict you will remain idiots, oh well). smile.gif
culturehandy
Bwaaaaaahahahahahaha

Sweet heart, I'm older than you and have much more life experience than you. There is nothing you can say about HIV that I've not heard before.

Tsk tsk, since we are name calling, since we have all now moved to being idiots, and you seem to be able to know them so well, does that not mean it takes one to know one? Ergo, you are also an idiot.

kittenb
Did somebody mention candy? Today I had a Cadbury Easter Creme pardon me Holiday Creme Egg. I haven't had one of those in years. They are quite good when you don't eat too many of them.
pepper
QUOTE(kittenb @ Nov 8 2007, 02:54 PM) *
Did somebody mention candy? Today I had a Cadbury Easter Creme pardon me Holiday Creme Egg. I haven't had one of those in years. They are quite good when you don't eat too many of them.

oh, thanks a LOT! now i have to go out and find one. seriously, this thread is refattening my ass. i love it.
culturehandy
I know I'll probably take heat from this, but I HATE cadbury creams eggs, I think they are so gross! Blech. Mint aero bars on the other hand. I haven't had one in a long time.

I actually, seriously, haven't had chocolate in a long time, aside from this really disgusting tasting chocolate protein powder I take. Ick. I'd rather have a cream egg.
kiss_the_fiddler
I like cadbury eggs but i think they're too big. i'd like them better if they were smaller. but you're right, not very high quality chocolate. i like dark chocolate best. dark chocolate with bits of candied ginger in it. mmmmm. . . very yummy.

fiddler
shinyx3
oh, or dark chocolate with cayenne pepper!

must go got some from the chocolate stash!

*scampers to the kitchen*
pixiedust
When I was in college, one of my professor's favorite sayings was that the definition of insanity is to keep repeating the same action expecting a different result. Everytime I see PF repost her canned reason behind this thread I can't help but thing of that quote.

And I too dislike cadbury eggs. They are just too stinking rich! I like the caramel ones though.
pepper
shiny you have chocolate in your kitchen? that you haven't eaten yet? get outta here! i had chocolate in the kitchen. HAD.

pixie, i could say the same thing about us bothering to respond to madame psycho, getting frustrated with LL, barfing about steve. insanity.

*moving on*
faerietails2
i don't like cadburys either! or those freaky pink/yellow marshmallow-y chicks. eew!

shiny...what is this dark chocolate with cayenne you speak of? that is like a dream combo for me. i'm a total cayenne whore. lol

i had a red velvet cupcake today (and a chocolate. and a vanilla...). okay, so i inhaled my share of baked goods today (but i walked a mile, does that help? wink.gif). anyway, the red velvet...MMM!!!
culturehandy
Speaking of chocolate and cayenne pepper. Have any of you had mole?

It's so yummy, it's mainly Mexican, but it's chocolate and chile's. Very tasty in a stew.
shinyx3
culture, i love mole! i havn't made it for a while, i should do that soon.
psychicfemme
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Nov 9 2007, 02:37 PM) *
When I was in college, one of my professor's favorite sayings was that the definition of insanity is to keep repeating the same action expecting a different result.

Yes, trying to raise the consciousness of complete morons is an exercise in futility. smile.gif Fortunately there are some intelligent ones out there who can easily sort through the chocolate mess. Oh pixie...you forgot to mention that you never finished college wink.gif
kiss_the_fiddler
My sweetie hid the bon bons from me! Outrageous! That's like withholding sex. Very cruel!

fiddler
knorl05
post deleted. not worth the effort.

effing trolls.

i like bon bons up my ass.
faerietails2
QUOTE(psychicfemme @ Nov 9 2007, 05:58 PM) *
...you forgot to mention that you never finished college

Better than being stuck with the mentality of an entitled junior high kid. smile.gif

I actually hate mole! As a Chicana, that's kinda sacrilegious of me, but oh well... lol
pixiedust
QUOTE(psychicfemme @ Nov 9 2007, 04:58 PM) *
Oh pixie...you forgot to mention that you never finished college wink.gif

Wrong again Sweetie! Guess your psychic powers are failing you. I'm working on a second degree.

Someone I used to work with made the most delicious Bon Bons. I wish I had her recipe..I know they had coconut and evaporated milk in them. May have to do a google search....
faerietails2
Huh. How do you make bonbons? I'd be making them all the time!
pixiedust
QUOTE(faerietails2 @ Nov 10 2007, 09:15 PM) *
Huh. How do you make bonbons? I'd be making them all the time!

I googled and came up with this recipe. It sounds like what my friend used to make!

COCONUT BON BON

1 stick soft margarine
1 can Eagle brand milk
2 pounds powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together. Add 1 box (12 -16 oz) Angel flake coconut. Roll into
balls and chill. Dip in coating. Chocolate coating is 12 oz.
chocolate chips and 1/2 bar of parraffin . You can use candy coatings
to get the different colors of Bon Bons.

I wonder if there are any recipes that include Nuttella!
lilacwine13
Ooh, bonbon recipe. I now have a project for this weekend. Yay! smile.gif Tonight it's going to be banana bread, I have three bananas that are ripe enough for it.

I have a cousin who makes peanut butter bonbons for Xmas, too bad I'm not sure she's coming up to visit this year. I'm sure if you just substitute Nutella for peanut butter in a recipe like that, it'd work fine.

The Cadbury cream eggs--Easter or "holiday"--are way too sugary for me. They used to make some extremely good chocolate and caramel-filled eggs, though. I miss those.
shinyx3
don't they make the caramel filled ones any more? thats a bummer! i like those!
auralpoison
But of course! Just this past spring I bought both the caramel & chocolate creme versions. I've always thought the regular creme eggs were nasty. My farorites are the Mini Eggs, though. That crispy candy shell & sweet milk chocolate . . . I wish they came in dark.
pixiedust
*booby squishing hugs* AP !!! It is so great to see your smart ass around here again!!!
runningwestward
I have a great peanut butter version of the bon bon recipe below. Not sure how you'd sub in nutella as it's pretty sweet on it's own. But here's the recipe for them:

Mix together 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup icing sugar (pastry cutter thingy or two forks work well for this it's kinda hard to do. It you have a food processor,I'm jealous). Add 1 1/2 cups of rice crispies (don't use the processor for this and be careful not to crush them too much when you add them in). Roll into balls and freeze. Then dip in chocolate of your choice. The freezing isn't key but will make the dipping part hella easier.

Be warned that these are incredibly addictive.
amazonprincess
I second the cadbury mini eggs love. And they do come in dark, I bought some last spring (ok, I bought a lot)
auralpoison
Sum bitch! How'd I miss that? Now I haver to wait until spring for dark chocolate candy-coated goodness. Harumph. Dang you Jebus. Why do we have to celebrate your ascension in the spring?
laniethezany

runningwestward-

I don't even know what made me come in here, but wow am I glad I did. That recipe is probably extremely close if not the exact same as the treats my granny used to make at Christmas every year. She would never tell my mom how to make 'em, and now she has Alzheimer's and doesn't remember how to make them herself. I'm so going to make a test batch and if they come out right I'll make some for my mom and give her the recipe as part of her gift.

The wonders you stumble upon in the Lounge, I tell you what...
kiss_the_fiddler
OMG! I love what this thread has become! Sharing bon bon recipes. What could be better? I've been on a peanut butter kick lately. I'm going to try that recipe. Thanks for sharing.

fiddler
psychicfemme
It's amazing how the exact SAME busties (who clearly have no life) seem to spend SO much time in here talking about plucking bon bon chunks out of their ass. It's hard to have no real life, isnt' it? I'm so sorry for you all. Oh, and pixie...second degree? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! smile.gif ("I don't just have ONE degree...as a matter of fact I'm working on a SECOND degree" LMFAO) I don't think they let you get a second GED, do they?
psychicfemme
QUOTE(psychicfemme @ Nov 9 2007, 05:16 AM) *
This poll is designed to raise consciousness about HIV testing, and how relatively rarely that discussion happens. Testing nowadays involves a mouth swab and a 20 minute wait for results. It's easy to assume you're safe because you don't think you're really at risk. But how many degrees of separation (as measured in sex partners) are there between you and an iv drug user or prostitute? And most of those who transmit the disease do not know they have it. I think it's useful to have this discussion, as HIV has not been discussed in this forum before.

pf

ps...Thank you to the SAME and very BORING group of not too BRIGHT (let's face it) "busties" that are intent on disrupting serious discussion on this topic. Please grow up someday (although I don't believe in miracles, and my psychic powers predict you will remain idiots, oh well). smile.gif
kittenb
In the intrest of never growing up and having even more holidays bonbons to pluck from where ever in our bodies we wish to, I found this little site with some great simple recipes. I am not a great cook but I can follow a recipe just as well as anyone I figure. I am planning on doing some Christmas cookies this year. Maybe I'll make some of these as well.
Simple Bonbon Recipes
psychicfemme
QUOTE(kittenb @ Nov 20 2007, 05:01 AM) *

Thanks kitten...you're *so* well qualified smile.gif
pixiedust
I found this when I was looking for a Nutella bon bon recipe nutella recipes

Now in the interest of science I think all of the nutella lovers should split these receipes up and try them and report back to the group.
psychicfemme
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Nov 20 2007, 05:17 AM) *
I found this when I was looking for a Nutella bon bon recipe nutella receipes

Now in the interest of science I think all of the nutella lovers should split these receipes up and try them and report back to the group.

I know, pixie, spelling really is difficult, isn't it? I'm so glad to see the breeding housewives of oklahoma are so well represented. Keep carrying that feminist torch there pixie, and good luck with the tupperware party! Oh and here's a link you may find useful: http://www.oa.org/index.htm
faerietails2
I think it's really cute how It (who clearly has no life) keeps coming back in here to try and reclaim the bonbon thread. Poor thing. "I don't just have ONE degree...as a matter of fact I'm working on a SECOND degree" That's right, babe. Many of us have more than one major/degree and/or have masters/phds. Hang in there and make it through seventh grade, and maybe one day you will, too. *pets head* smile.gif

These recipes are awesome. And torture, since I'm being a chocoholic lately! I even found a gourmet tea that allegedly tastes like chocolate-covered strawberries! I'm getting it on my next order. *drool*

kitten, these always get inhaled when i make them. but i shape them into little balls, not fingers.
psychicfemme
Umm...it's pretty clear who the seventh graders in here are. You've all been doing the same thing since you were 13 and that's why you have time to make your thousands of inane posts on here on a daily basis. Intelligence is judged not by degrees, but by what you actually do with your brain. And by that measure, it's clear you never made it out of junior high. smile.gif
culturehandy
Okay, so all this talk about bon bons makes me think of Lewis Black, and Lew made me think of this. You may want to turn the volume down, because Lew frequently drops the F-Bomb.

laniethezany

rww~

Quick question - if you freeze the peanut butter/sugar/Rice Krispies balls before dipping them in the chocolate, can you then put them back in the freezer once they're dipped? Or should you wait to dip them until you're ready to actually use them within the next coupla days?

faerietails2
"Intelligence is judged...by what you actually do with your brain." Exactly. So please stop playing doctor and copying those hiv pamphlets you picked up at the nurse's office. It's just sad. smile.gif (okayyyy, I'll stop troll-baiting!...)

Re: Lewis Black
Heyyyyy, nothing wrong with those pitchers of coffee! wink.gif
pepper
"maybe somebody's coming and i don't know whoooo..."

bahahahahaha!

maude damn it, that puckle warts page will.not.open.for.ME!! and i want it to. you know i'm bookmarking all of these pages for later.

you know, for the me the thread is only sprinkled with a few little "ignored" posts. it hardly interferes with the conversation at all (unless i peek, but this one is genuinely too predictably boring to even sneak a quick one. makes me miss the "Nut" job. not really though). it's not even as bad as finding a bad walnut in your muffin.

can we talk about muffins now? if someone posts a good enough recipe i'll bake and post pics!

and i don't have a degree. i suppose i'll have to eat some bonbons to make myself feel better about that.
psychicfemme
Thank you all for contributing and keeping this important thread alive. Those of you who contribute on the bon bon level simply continue to self identify, losing more and more credibility with each post. Please, please continue, so that no one will accidentally mistake your comments on this or any other thread for actual wisdom. Please continue to write the record of your immaturity for all to see and search on this board thenceforth. Thank you!

pf
culturehandy
Speaking of Lew, I heart him.

It's funny when he talk about the coffee! It's all in his delivery! Heh.
psychicfemme
QUOTE(faerietails2 @ Nov 18 2007, 01:03 PM) *
Oh, I know! I haven't had a real job (by "real," I mean crappy retail work) since August. I mean, I'm not gonna pretend...I'm a whiny procrastinator when it comes to school/work stuff. But I at least want something to procrastinate from, ya know?! lol At least with that crappy job I had some kind of routine in life. Now I go volunteer in the mornings, but after that I sit on my ass all day looking for places to apply. It's awful! My roommates probably think I'm a total bum.

When I first graduated I was really happy that I had time to relax and read again, but now it's just ridiculous! I don't want soooo much time that I can go through a book a day! Jeez!

Faerie...thank you so much! I *so* had your situation pegged. Oh, and do tell us more about the multiple degrees and stuff...very entertaining smile.gif

pf
psychicfemme
whoops...double posted...my bad smile.gif
kittenb
QUOTE(faerietails2 @ Nov 19 2007, 01:35 PM) *
kitten, these always get inhaled when i make them. but i shape them into little balls, not fingers.

Because I AM qualified to keep things at a 7th grade level, that comment just strikes me as so dirty. Of course the name Puckle Warts also strikes me as dirty. Or maybe just something that you would find on an STD pamphlet.

Pecan Fingers (puckle warts)

Ingredients
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup pecans (3 3/4 oz), finely chopped
1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted

Sift together flour and salt.
Beat together butter, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer until creamy. Mix in flour mixture at low speed just until blended, then stir in pecans. Form dough into a disk and chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, about 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 300°F.

Roll 1 1/2-inch balls of dough into 2- by 1/2-inch logs.

Arrange cookies 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets.

Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until golden, 30 to 35 minutes, then roll in confectioners sugar while still warm. Transfer to a rack and cool, then reroll in confectioners sugar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.