Jan 31 2008, 08:51 PM
This is a question i think about a lot....at the end of my life what do i want to have accomplished? Not just career or family-wise, but where i want to travel, what i want to do artistically, and what i want to experience. So far, I have:
1. Get my masters' degree and devote my life to being a librarian.
2. Ride on a train across the country.
3. Get a shiatsu massage.
4. Have (at least) one art exhibition of my own.
5. Publish my novel and short stories.
6. Go whale watching and swimming with dolphins.
7. Build a nest egg and buy my own house in Central TX.
8. When i have a real yard, adopt my own bullmastiff.
9. Read all the books on my list.
10. Find a man I love enough to marry him. Hopefully have a child.
11. Take pottery lessons.
12. Travel to all the places on my list: Marrakesh, Morocco, Portland, Oregon, Mexico City, NYC, London, Glasgow, New Orleans, Italy, and Holland.
That's all i have so far, but i thought it would be a fun thread and I was curious what other people would add to it.
Feb 1 2008, 08:27 AM
I think this is a great idea for a thread...I would have approved it!
Feb 1 2008, 08:33 AM
I always try to stay away from things this morbid, but I think it's a good one.... I would post here and change my mind and post again...and so on
Feb 1 2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry BunnyB....i completely forgot about the top five thread. i can understand how all these threads can clutter up the boards. Isn't there a movie coming out called "Bucket List" (with Jack Nicholson)?. At first i wasn't sure what you meant by bucket list but then i thought of the movie. I originally made a list in my teens and kept adding to it, and some i have crossed off already (like i met my biological dad). There is a great movie called "My Life Without Me" that made me think of this also. personally i think my list is kinda lame but it can be modified of course as i grow older.....
Feb 1 2008, 05:23 PM
1. Swim with Dolphins (i stole that from your ^^^ list)
2. Own a 2 seater fast car
3. Go to Fiji
4. buy my mom a huge house
5. Meet and hang out with my Favorite Celebs/Icons (I.e Oprah)
6.Speaking of Oprah i wanna make it on her show!