Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For The Newbies....
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
emmy_
QUOTE(Persiflager @ Jun 22 2010, 06:45 AM) *
*waves*

Hi Emmy from a fellow Londoner! I'll bump the UK Busties thread fo you in case you ever fancy meeting up.

Yarr, the weather be frighful dry.gif

*waves* Avast!

Hoped there might be some fellow Blighty Busties on here... even better to find one who is fluent in pirate rolleyes.gif
sukouyant
Welcome to the forums guys!
Bubblegum, welcome back - start posting already! :0)
MetalSmitten, maybe me and you will revive the "Crafty Handmade Business" thread one day.
Persiflager
*bump*
Love
Bump.

Love is back.
sukouyant
Hi Love :-)
Love
Hellow kitty.
Persiflager
*bump*
ocean
QUOTE(Persiflager @ Jul 14 2010, 02:20 AM) *
*bump*

hi! this is ocean; new to the "bust" site! Thanks so much...hope this gets easier with practice!
auralpoison
Welcome, Ocean! A little practice & you'll have it down in no time!
auralpoison
Welcome, newbies!

QUOTE(Girl Power @ Jul 15 2010, 09:53 PM) *
I am hoping to post my topic soon, once I become more familiar with how things work around here.

If by 'posting on your topic soon' you mean starting a new thread for whatever it is you'd like to discuss, you should know it is going to take a while. Because of past abuses, there is a post requirement in effect. But I'd encourage you to take a really good look around because I can almost guarantee that there is a thread that likely touches on your topic already. If you're having trouble finding it, you can always PM me & I can probably root it out for you.

Also, a little 411 on thread starting: The Lounge is a self-moderated board, it is standard operating procedure for one to go to the Community Forum to submit one's idea for a new thread for vetting by the Community. This is done because we discourage vanity threads/most topics already fit into a preexisting thread. This solution was reached by the Community as a whole to keep from gumming up the works around here. We all try to work together to keep the clutter to a minimum. One of the nicest things about the Lounge is that you don't have to wade through forty useless threads to find the one you are looking for. So if you have an idea, do drop on by & pitch it. If there's any interest, we'll let you know!
auralpoison
Unfortunately, when we switched software for the board the "Bustie" general ins & outs (As opposed to the Lounge Guidelines at the top of the page) got lost in the shuffle, so it basically falls to us Busties to give the newbies the 411 as best we can (The "Bustie" rules are reiterated in posts by Busties in several places as handy reminders both in here & in the Community Forum ). All in all, it pretty much comes down to "When in doubt, ask a Bustie FIRST". That's what the Community Forum is for after all! smile.gif

If you want to see if there is interest in whatever it is that you want to post, basically you just go into the Community Forum & explain what you want to start & see if there is any response. I suggest perusing the archives to see how it's done.

As far as how many posts you require to begin a new thread, since the last drama I do not rightly know. I would wager that one would need a bare minimum of at least twenty-five posts in order to start a new thread. But I do believe that number has been upped considerably.

I really wouldn't be surprised if your topic did already fit in somewhere. Since you're new to this, it's likely that there are HUGE swathes of threads you haven't seen simply because you don't know how. Because of how dead it's become here in recent months, forums like the F-Word are only showing the six most active threads when in reality there are actually thirty-six in total.
auralpoison
We are a self-moderated board. We all work together to keep confusion & clutter at a minimum. If you take a long look around the Lounge, you'll notice that it is unlike many other message boards in that there are not a lot of miscellaneous threads, vanity threads, repeat threads, troll threads, etc. It's fairly easy to navigate & has very little fat because we all work together to make it so. Again, this is why we have the Community Forum. It keeps everybody involved.

I don't doubt that you could liven things up, but you're just going to have to wait until you have enough posts. Because of past abuses by arses, them's sadly the breaks.

auralpoison
And for my next great feat, I will teach punning & playing card prestidigitation to my loyal companion Mr. Bitey!
stargazer
GirlPower, I think you will be doing your self a disservice in this online community (read: no one will read and/or respond in your thread) if you begin your relationship with this site with a complete disregard for the culture of the Bust site. If you are willing to trust a site which has been running for over a decade and post your interesting topic in the community forum, I think it will be a good way to establish support for your topic. Again, if you want to do things your way, I wouldn't expect much fanfare for your alleged topic that we must read about dealing with equal rights. You will not last long here if you go with that approach.

Just trying to help you. Don't hang yourself in here.
Anne_Ecdote
this way to the egress

please do not feed the narcissist
Anne_Ecdote
i was talking about YOU girl power

your girl power must run on a potato

or else you are very very thick

i cannot decide which

you are not here for feminist discourse

you do not want to be part of the community

the community respects each other

you obvs respect no one
enfermera
QUOTE(ocean @ Jul 14 2010, 09:39 PM) *
hi! this is ocean; new to the "bust" site! Thanks so much...hope this gets easier with practice!

hi, ocean smile.gif you'll get the hang of it. just jump in, and ignore the current nonsense.
SouthernBelleTat
We are women why cant we all get along??(in regards to the last few posts seen below)
Either way, yes, I am new to Bust. I have ditched out of all social sites/de-friended all of my friends and you know what, I don't feel bad at all. It was quite liberating!! Which it has been a long time since I have left like that. So I am new and YES I plan to stay and get to know others, I promise I play well with and respect others views. Self-expression is very important to me and weather or not others see my view or not. I am not here for that. It is what life is about. PS To the other newbies fussing, please start again and put your nice face on.......madam's biggrin.gif Also I have actually filed out my info if you want to know a little about me.
stargazer
Hi Southernbelle, welcome to the Lounge! smile.gif

Enjoy looking around and posting in here. If you have any questions about the threads and/or posting, please feel free to post them in the Community Forum thread. We hope you can become a contributing member here.
enfermera
bump
candibunnehs
hello BUSTIES!
I am new to this forum, and forums in general,
looking forward to learning to navigate through it all!

Girl Power
wink.gif

The BUST Lounge is a self-moderated discussion board, and members are free to express any and all opinions here. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, and not necessarily the views of BUST Magazine or bust.com. We pride ourselves on being tolerant of any and all opinions, no matter how stupid and/or offensive. That said, any poster who purposefully tries to disrupt the basic functionality of this board will be banned, and their posts will be subject to deletion.
Persiflager
Hi candibunnehs, and welcome to the Lounge! May I offer you a gin and tonic, or some ginger biscuits?

*passes round tray*
arkadystar
Hi! I have never used an online forum before, so please help me not mess it up. smile.gif I won't be *knowingly* breaking rules. I am looking forward to regular forum-ing (is there a verb for this?) if I can get the hang of the proper etiquette. Let's see, I'm 30, love books, am enjoying some cinnamon graham crackers...gee it's hard to know how to introduce oneself!

I have a specific thing on my mind that prompted me to seek out fellow awesome people on BUST. I have not had luck searching in the forum for this, so if you have any advice on where to look, or search terms, let me know, thanks! My specific issue concerns a coworker, although that part is only relevant because I am forced to see him once in awhile for work things. We're academics so we are competitive, but for no good reason. He's been a jerk to me for years, and I keep trying to forgive or at least forget, and sometimes he does too, but he always pisses me off again before too long. I get really broken up about it, and just had a fight with my husband about it, and this is driving me crazy! He triggers my issues, I trigger his, and I feel so bad about my inability to ignore him.
auralpoison
Hi Arkadystar! Welcome to the Lounge! Have fun & we look forward to getting to know you!

I went ahead & bumped the The Scary Playground of Life - The Bullied Thread thread for you. The I'm Mad As Hell! thread might also be a good place to let off some steam since it gets more play than the bullied thread.

And a helpful tip: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore! Awesomesauce, yes?
arkadystar
Auralpoison - Thank you, that IS awesomesauce! Love that! I am trucking on over to your links right now.
auralpoison
Welcome newbies! Please ignore the troll!

To reiterate a helpful tip: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore!
totomoto
Let me introduce myself. This is my regular board:

http://boards.fool.com/BestOf.asp?topwhat=rat

If you scroll down you will see that I am #19 of the Top Recommended Fools, Totolapse1. But here I am considered a troll and my Home IP is banned. Now how can I be considered a valuable contiributing member at the Moldy Fool and a Pariah here?

How am I classified in with God Talk here?

AP - that post was not meant to be offensive. At work they actually block the photos so I choose blindly, and normally they are just nasty little notes that people post to each other. I was surprised by that one. Ohh Well, that is what happens when you ban my IP.

Anyway, take a good look at The fool boards. We have thousands of people posting discussing argueing, etc., and no one is banned without multiple warnings. Ia dmit we don't have spam bots, but we have trolls. shoot, if you look at my profile you will find I change my name to BringDudeBack, one of my favorite liberal posters. He was supposed to be Permabanned, but we got him back. He is GHDude at the top of the list.
auralpoison
Most beautimous Bustie newbies, please excuse our dust & the clusterfuck-ery. Our resident troll has returned & is bringing the bullshit in a BIG fucking way.

If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts (IE: God Talk) go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating (IE: God Talk) & you won't see their posts anymore!

Totomoto, you're not new. Why are you addressing this in the Newbies thread instead of the Take It Outside thread where it belongs? By posting it here you just confuse the newbs & give a poor impression of the Lounge overall. And who has/where have you been compared to God Talk? Please, Take It Outside, thank you very much.

enfermera
hi new busties! just bumping AP's handy info. ignore the mess, and don't click any suspect links.

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Aug 6 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Most beautimous Bustie newbies, please excuse our dust & the clusterfuck-ery. Our resident troll has returned & is bringing the bullshit in a BIG fucking way.

If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts (IE: God Talk) go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating (IE: God Talk) & you won't see their posts anymore!

(AP, Take It Outside is locked; i think it happened when they were cleaning up GP's mess. when it rains, it pours, i guess.)
auralpoison
Oh, son of a bitch! I hope it was an accident & a not an intentional thing. Disagreements happen & lord knows we need a place to hash shit out around here. The times when we haven't used it to run somebody out on a rail (I'm lookin' at that asshole Funk.) it has worked wonderfully for Bustie conflict resolution.

Well, 'cept that one time, but that was pretty much a foregone conclusion long before it headed into TIO. It wasn't a good fit & it never was.

A thousand pardons to Totomoto as I was unaware that they'd locked down the TIO thread. I propose we table it until we get the TIO back, which probably won't happen until Monday. I do not wish to gum anything up if we don't have to even if fuckstick has already spread his magic in her thread.
enfermera
bump!
mabbygirl
tongue.gif me me me! Hey everyone! i am looking for a place to chat and chill. hoping to find some time in my life to get with others other than my normal daily peeps and my facebook friends. I would like to start some topics and try for some good ol discussion, so............. my name is mary beth, i live in florida, and i love to discuss everything! I read briefly about the trolls and i'd prefer not to be preached to, but not to say there cannot be open discussion on all topics but i have serious issues with close-minded people! hey, that's why we're at BUST!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep an eye out for my topics, i love to start discussions! i am totally new to the blog world of BUST, so hand in there with me!
xo
mary beth
Anne_Ecdote
here

we

go

AGAIN
auralpoison
Let us not take the proffered obvious bait.

Welcome, Legit Newbies: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore!
auralpoison
Let us not take the proffered obvious bait. I Miss You is just trying to disrupt things.

Welcome, Legit Newbies: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore!
snarky7
Hello Busties - it's been a long time since I've hung out here, but I am back and wanted to say hi. I once felt a kinship with some of you and and hoping to feel that again. laugh.gif I'm a 30-something-super-woman and single-mom-of-one. I have a real job too, but just recently completed Zumba instructor training and am loving my new possibilities in life. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums!
stargazer
Welcome back snarky7!
squirrelgirl88
hey ladies.
i'm not really new, i used to post here back when i was going through a really rough breakup about a year ago. i thought "where would be a good place to ponder my latest relationship questions so that my single girlfriends don't get fed up with me...BUST" so here i am again.
i just posted in the relationships/committed section. i'd be grateful for any and all feedback.
thx.
xx
stargazer
Hello squirrelgirl88!! Welcome back to the lounge! I hope we can be of help with your relationship stuff.

:passes cosmos around:
purpletheory02
Hello chicks and chicas, I would like to present me! A newbie!

I'm hoping for a lively fun lounge, as I find myself with not a woman to talk to who hasn't heard it all before! Right? I am looking for some online friends and chat buddies to share cupcake recipes and details on those significant others who hog the bed all night. I am a student living with my boyfriend and two cats in Oregon. Where I could complain about the weather all day. wink.gif

Haha, I'm a little awkward in conversation sometimes, maybe I'm shy. A little bit of vodka with raspberry should do the trick, since we're mentioning drinks. Thank you all for being so cool in the BUST world!
dancingqueen
Hi!

I'm excited for this lounge! I'm 22, almost engaged (keep them crossed ladies!!!) and living in Washington State. I'm looking forward to the Small Breast discussion.
stargazer
Welcome Dancingqueen and purpletheory!
coco le moco
HI EVERYONE!
im new here, I'm not sure how this works.
the reason I'm here is because a long time ago i liked to read a travel guide here in the bust.com website. i don't remember what was the name of that section and can't find it sad.gif it was so helpfull when i went to vegas for the first time.

the thing is that I'm going to Europe in three weeks and i would love to have real advice of cool places to go, shop and eat, like off the beaten path.
i hope u guys can help me.
i'm going to Paris (of course), Barcelona, Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam and Bruges.

stargazer
Welcome coco! I bumped up the Travel thread for you. I also bummed up the UK thread for you.

Hope this helps!
just_a_guy
Hi,

I'm a new to the forums here and I started out posting in the small breast support group thread. After a couple other members suggested it, I decided to introduce myself in this thread.

I am a 27 year old man living in Los Angeles and, having dealt with them myself as well as watching friends and relatives to the same, I feel very strongly about body image issues and particularly how American culture influences their development and propagation.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with all of you!
Persiflager
Welcome, just_a_guy! Help yourself to a drink.

*offers a selection of sherries and biscuits*
just_a_guy
I'd love a biscuit, but could we either go with a riesling, a rioja (if we're eating), or a single malt (if you really want to know my deep dark secrets)? biggrin.gif

btw, as a self-proclaimed nerd I dig the xkcd avatar.
starleybeth
i'm new-ish and hope i'm doing this correctly.
starleybeth
i'm new-ish and hope i'm doing this correctly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.