Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For The Newbies....
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
girltrouble
*does the super happy dance*
i sooo missed you kayte! i'm so happy you're back!
thedirtiestmartini
Hi there! Im new and following what seems to be the rules. I don't usually follow the rules so Im excited wink.gif

*Waves and slouches back on the lounger*

So...whats new?
Melanielouise
rolleyes.gif Hello Ladies... my name is Melanie and I live in London. I look forward to conversing with some of you! On my way to introduce myself I somehow made my way to the "Take it outside" thread. I guess my curiosity got the best of me... wow that was intense. I hope I don't make any enemies during my stay unsure.gif is that thread posted above the newbies thread on purpose to give us a heads up on what to look forward too? I hope not, although I think it's pretty cool that in this forum you know where you stand with everyone... Seems like a cool community. I am in to photography, art, people, the outdoors ... I hope everyone out there is having a better than average day. Take it easy.
bunnyb
Welcome melanielouise and thedirtiestmartini! welcome back go_kayte!

melanielouise, I'm glad the take it outside thread didn't scare you off! it's a unique thread and is only used so that normal discourse in the other threads doesn't devolve and is detracted from.

Check out the UK BUSTies thread in Friends and Family! I've just moved to London myself.

*leaves a tray of cupcakes this time, after nabbing a half dozen*
kittenb
Hello new people!

Melanielouise - the threads bounce around a little depending on which one had been posted in most recently. Take It Outside Thread was probably above the newbies thread just for a little bit. It can be intense but recently more so than usual.
Melanielouise
QUOTE(kittenb @ Oct 17 2008, 04:18 AM) *
Hello new people!

Melanielouise - the threads bounce around a little depending on which one had been posted in most recently. Take It Outside Thread was probably above the newbies thread just for a little bit. It can be intense but recently more so than usual.

ah hah! I was a little confused as after I wrote my post it was no longer up there.

Thanks for helping me find a London crowd bunny smile.gif
littlespttedleopard
Hola peeps, Im a gemini my name is aluap, haha that's backwards. Pleasure to meet you all virtually through the web
roquelaure

eek! i didn't post here first... *gulp*. i was a mod on a very busy board for a few years and remember how badly we annihilated people who didn't post in the newb thread first... my apologies, i pray this indiscretion will be forgotten by all with the proper amount of martinis and margaritas.

anyhoo- hello! just started posting last night in the our bodies thread, which i found while googling for some info. i'm such a moron- i've read bust on and off for ages, and the website links page is one of my most accessed bookmarks... but it never occurred me to come to the forum. from what i've read, it seems like a splendid place, and i hope to enjoy some time here!

um... what else... i'm from pittsburgh... yup... that's about all the news that's fit to print for now.
culturehandy
Welcome Newbies!

If there is something you are looking for and can't find, just ask away in the community forum. We can usually let you know if there is something you are looking for.

welcome and happy posting!
tree
Hi y'all. I'm new. And I'm looking for birth control advice (like, what options are best, what's worked) from ladies who've had battles with yeast. Suggestions on which forum I should post my question in?
Thanks!!
mouse
welcome tree

try the our bodies our hells section; there are a few threads dedicated to birth control or yeast infections, and this is a question that could also go in the general health thread. good luck & welcome to bust!
Laurenzorro
Long time listener, first time caller.

My name is Lauren! Hopefully I will be posting a lot more around here.....
stargazer
Welcome Lauren! If you have any questions, please feel free to post in the Bust Community Forum thread. There are alot of Busties who can help you here.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
luminiousgoddess
I am a night owl. My name is Dashawnda, but you can call me Dash or Shawnda. I love Bust magazine, I think it's so awesome. I read it cover to cover atleast 3 times. I absolutely love the website.
deschatsrouge
Welcome Dash, Lauren, It's very nice to have you here. Please have a cupcake and a blini.

*passes tray around*
Lalumiere
Hello...
My name is Kathleen! I'm a Fine Arts student and I am from Caaanada! ....yep!
endofthetrack
Hi y'all,
I am new to the posting and the wonderful forums of BUST but have read for a while.
After being given some super positive encouragement from a lovely bustie (you know who you are). I thought I would stop being a chicken and finally say hi. So Hi! *twiddles thumbs and looks nervous*.
pinkdivawonders
Hello all. I have been here for a while. Just couldn't remember if I had posted in here.

My name is Stefani. I am a SAHWM of two boys. I am looking for friends, networking, and new ideas.

I sell Premier Designs Jewelry and Fun Lovin Parties (romance products).

If you are interested you can check out my web sites for more information on me and my products.

http://www.adultpinkparties.com

http://www.wondersfamilyweb.com

I look forward to meeting new friends! Have a Great Weekend!
Christine Nectarine
hello lalumiere! if you are so inclined, you can check out the "pardon me, i'm canadian" thread in the family and friends forum.

endofthetrack, no need to be nervous! as long as you are respectful of other busties, and avoid pushing spam and other such annoyances (not so subtle HINT to others) i'm sure you will have a fine time!

now, fuzzy navel any one? *holds up the peach schnapps*
Caryn
Hi. I used to post here a long time ago (regularly from 1999-2002ish) as chrissy. I've been gone for a loooong time, and not much looks familiar around here now...guess that makes me a noob again. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and thought I should go ahead and re-register. smile.gif

I live in the midwest. I'm 27, married, with a toddler. I am currently on a craft binge (just taught myself how to knit), and have been getting creative in the kitchen lately as well, so I think I'll be warming up over in AbFad.
pinkdivawonders
QUOTE(girlygirlgag @ Oct 24 2008, 12:41 PM) *
Stefani, (if that is your real name) it's pretty gross to spam message boards. I am assuming you work from home and got this great idea to work for a company that pays you on hits.

Here's the deal. Knock it off. If you want to post and be a part of this community, go for it. If not, die in a fire, spam bot.

Yes Stefani is my REAL NAME! AND NO I was not spamming message boards. I also do not get paid on the number of hits to my companies.

I do work at home trying to support my two boys. If you looked at my companies they are home-based businesses where you actually have home parites and I come and do the demonstration. Premier Designs is a high fashion Jewelry business and Fun Lovin Parties is a romance products company.

I am extremely sorry if I offended anyone else on this board.
culturehandy
PinkDiva, the reason it was brought up is because, as of late, we've had problems with spambots.

Welcome to the boards, if you want to promote your businesses, there is a link, I can bump it for you.
howerental2008
Hello,

I just registered to the forums. I love BUST and its readers. I'm planning to relocate to Austin, TX from NY. I plan to transfer to UT at Austin next fall. What's Austin really like? The farthest from NY I've been is New Haven, CT and that place is...ugh.

Thanks and I hope I'm not doing this forum thing wrong.
billybonka
A big welcome to all our newbies. Pinkdiva, Culturehandy has pointed you in the right direction for your business posts... please take advantage of that and become a regular poster here. We're glad you're here. Howerental, if you're going to live in Texas, Austin is the place to be. I'm in another part of Texas and we can generally be a RED state in so many ways, but Austin is an oasis of BLUE. I think you'll like it there. UT is a great university.
NewYorkLA
I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum... I love that the default text is pink! smile.gif Im excited to meet everyone here!
howerental2008
QUOTE(billybonka @ Oct 28 2008, 09:22 AM) *
A big welcome to all our newbies. Pinkdiva, Culturehandy has pointed you in the right direction for your business posts... please take advantage of that and become a regular poster here. We're glad you're here. Howerental, if you're going to live in Texas, Austin is the place to be. I'm in another part of Texas and we can generally be a RED state in so many ways, but Austin is an oasis of BLUE. I think you'll like it there. UT is a great university.

Thank you so much! That's really helpful. I'm in the beginning stages i.e. don't have the job situation figured out yet, but I am searching.
eleanorrigby2008
Hello, everyone smile.gif I'm brand new here. Well, I've actually been reading these forums for a while (I fell in love with Bust when I saw the Flight of the Conchords/ Elijah Wood issue). Now that I'm out on my own and starting my life, I decided it was time to officially join.

Does anybody know why I can't post new topics? I need some advice on a few things.
pollystyrene
The board doesn't allow newbies to start threads until you've made 10 posts. And it's for good reason- because we're self-moderated, we really don't want redundant threads. Most busties here think 10 posts isn't even enough. We've been around long enough, chances are, a thread already exists for whatever you want to talk about.

So, for the love of cod, don't start a new thread unless you bring it up in The Community Forum thread. You don't want to see us when we're angry.
eleanorrigby2008
Yeah, I saw other people getting chewed out for that reason. And I did find what I was looking for, so hopefully someone will help me out.
radishpits
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Oct 10 2008, 02:29 AM) *
radishpits, I'll bump the travel thread for you in ATWT and if you read back a good few pages I'm sure there's some info about Flagstaff eta: it's already in use so should be near the top this time.

cool, thanks!
eleanorrigby2008
Maybe someone on here can help me...

Why isn't my picture showing up?
Christine Nectarine
pictures used to show up, but now you will just see the link - this measure was created to deter spammers who were bombarding the lounge with pictures of aborted foetuses and other offensive/annoying images not too long ago.
eleanorrigby2008
I meant the pictures that show up on the left, like yours.
crinoline
that's your "avatar" and you can add it by going to the avatar section of "personal profile" under "My Controls" when you're logged in. Hope that helps!
eleanorrigby2008
Thanks a bunch. I'm gonna go play around with it a bit more smile.gif
Nova
Hi. I am new.

I just graduated with a BA in Women's Studies. Woo! Who knows what that means or what it will get me... but yay for feminism anyhow!

I've been wanting to join this lounge for a long time, I just haven't had the time until now. I look forward to great discussion.

Cheers!
pollystyrene
Hey Nova! I see you're in NW Indiana- you should swing by the Midwestern Mamas thread in the Friends & Family section. Most of us are from Chicago and get together pretty regularly. I don't know what your transportation capabilities are like, but maybe you can join us sometime!
crinoline
Hi newbies!

Lemon chess pie:

* 1 (9 inch) pie shell
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 5 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon cornmeal
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons lemon zest

I like to prebake my crust for 10 minutes at 425 before letting it cool and filling it.

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and milk. Add flour, cornmeal, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into pastry shell.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until set in center.

Lemony deliciousness for all!!

yum!

ana_valentine
Hooray for newbies!!

I'm a long time BUST reader. I created my account forever go, and now I finally have the time to keep up with it; I thought I'd introduce myself.

Hello all!
culturehandy
Welcome newbies, we have a troll currently going by the name Joansy, his real name is Steve and he likes to quote bible passages and such. You can block him by going to my controls then manage your ignore list and add him. Don't bother engaging, because he's insane.

Also, if there is something that you are looking for but can't find it, just pop over to the community forum and ask, we can bump a thread if it has disappeared.

Welcome and happy posting!!!
pollystyrene
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 17 2008, 09:16 AM) *
Welcome newbies, we have a troll currently going by the name Joansy, his real name is Steve and he likes to quote bible passages and such. You can block him by going to my controls then manage your ignore list and add him. Don't bother engaging, because he's insane.

Also, if there is something that you are looking for but can't find it, just pop over to the community forum and ask, we can bump a thread if it has disappeared.

Welcome and happy posting!!!

She means the "My Controls" button at the top, not her controls tongue.gif Ah, if only we could control CH! laugh.gif
culturehandy
Teehee!
bluebell
hi all,

i'm a noob, though i've been reading the mag and lurking on and off for, well, years. i'm a jewelry and knitwear designer, a theater grad student, happily single and just starting to cook again after a hiatus. having a great time, kicking it in new york.

eep! excited to be here!
Lily_Anne
Hi Ladies,

I'm a BUST devotee and longtime Lounge snooper. smile.gif
Working on a BS in human development, with a special love for babies, the rural South, and babies in the rural South.

Whee, glad to be here!

Jane Lane
Hello all you fab ladies.

I've been lurking around for a few weeks, and thought it time to introduce myself. M'name's Jane. Um... have a BFA in studio art with an emphasis in photography. Hoping to get myself into grad school in the next year.

Nice to be here!
ihateoly
Hi, my name is Wendy. I used to post on these threads several years ago and then I didn't have a computer for a while, so I stopped posting. I just moved to Tucson, Arizona after living in Olympia, Washington for several years. I sling coffee and bagels until I go back to school in the spring.
dragonflybee
Well, hello hello everyone! Another newbie... I discovered Bust mag while tripping along the internet highway tonight (or should I say this morning? Ooooh... Just looked at the clock - I need to get to bed!) and have been reading ever since, enjoying it immensely. This mag is fab! Newly divorced after a 28 yr. marriage, and other than that, I am in dire need of a JOB right now. Can't wait to chat more and become better acquainted with everyone, but like I said... I need to get some zzzz's!!! ~~Sherry, AKA Dragonflybee, AKA The Cosmic Woman (but any one of those will do) wink.gif

Carrpet
I started reading Bust a few months ago after spotting the issue with the Gossip's Beth Ditto on the cover. I thought 'Hell, if there's a magazine cool enough to use Beth Ditto as a covergirl, they're cool enough for me.' Next thing I knew, I was in love with Bust. As soon as I realized there was message board [today, about an hour ago] I HAD to join.

My name is Carly [or call me Carrpet, either one is fine], I'm in my late teens, and I'm from the Chicago suburbs.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone!
deschatsrouge
Welcome y'all please have some rocky road brownies and a mudslide. Please post on any existing forums, and if you'd like to start a new one please suggest it first in the Bust Community Forum. Cheers!
lorraine
i'm lorraine, new to these boards but not new to the mag. been reading it off and on for about 5 years. i'm an old lady, relatively speaking- i'm 45, married, the mother of two boys, ages 14 and 2 (second marriage-second kid syndrome...). i'm a veteran of several other message boards, primarily two dedicated to pearl jam- they are very political and so have forums on their boards that are devoted to political talk. however, since this divisive election season began (and really before that), the climate there has been almost intolerable as there is a handful of ultra-right wingnuts who tend to hijack the board and generally shit on anyone who disagrees with them. i haven't bothered with them since obama kicked republican ass on nov 4th. i figured, what more can i say? we elected a center-left, feminist, half-black democrat for president- my work here is thru. the rest is up to him. and i'm pretty confident that he's up to the job.

soooooo, here i am, desiring some girl company. hello everyone!

peace,
lorraine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.