Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reel Life: The Movie Thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
LoveMyPugs
OK, I'm renting Shortbus. I just looked it up on IMDB, watched the trailor, watched a couple reviews on youtube and I really want to see it.

Can't wait for it to get here on Netflix.
kari
Ooh, can't wait to see Shortbus. Got it on my list.

Still want to see Waitress also.

This weekend, I watched Venus. I enjoyed the interactions of Peter O'Toole & his friends, but could not get over the ick feeling of him wanting to be with the much younger girl. It just gives me the creeps.
chachaheels
I saw Venus just recently, too. I thought the "ick" went both ways with those 2 characters--yes, a dirty old man who was obviously used to having a lot of female attention now trying to entice a young girl is unappetizing, but so is a childish little kid who's got no direction seeing an older man as an obvious target for money. In a lot of ways I think I forgave Peter O'Toole's behaviour because I think so much attention was focused on his desire to nurture this girl (as well as his ex-wife, played by Vanessa Redgrave). It's clear he's aware he's too old and feeble to even think about having sex with the girl, much as he would have liked to. His struggling with that is what makes him pathetic--trying even though he knows he physically can't, and is actually willing to give her anything she wants just to settle for having her near.
candycane_girl
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I loved Shortbus! John Cameron Mitchell is an amazing director and Shortbus will make you laugh and cry and maybe even think of sex in a different way. It was just sooo thoroughly enjoyable.

I'm hoping to get it on DVD maybe in a duo pack with Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
faerietails2
I actually really loved Venus. I was a uncomfortable with the ickiness of it at first, but by the time the movie ends I think the nature of that relationship ends and I just think everything is so sad.

I saw Ratatouille last week and loved that as well. I was particularly depressed and in a funk that day, and it definitely made me smile.
ginger_kitty
I rented The Dead Girl, which I thought was an great film. But, I am partial because I am huge fan of Toni Collette. I wish she had a bigger role in the movie though, her character was intense and interesting.

Saw One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest on TV the other day, and liked that also.

I had mixed feelings about the trailer for Waitress, I'll probably just wait and rent it. Shortbus is my next rental, I have been wanting to see it forever.
anna k
I watched Ed Wood on TV last night, I hadn't seen it in years. I enjoyed watching it on Pay-Per-View as a kid, even though I didn't understand the whole thing (I never noticed Ed dressed as a woman, for some reason). I like the cinematography and the insulated world of crappy B-movies in 50's Hollywood. It reminds me of the writer Francesca Lia Block's father, Irving Block, who wrote screenplays for 1950s monster movies, and was fictionalized in her books as Charlie Bat. The tone of the film is very spooky, and I like that it ends on a high note, with the epilogue telling the rest of Ed's depressing life after Plan 9 From Outer Space was made.
sassygrrl
Ed Wood is one of my favorite movies...
kari
Mr K feels similar to you guys about Venus. I don't know, I think if the girl had actually liked him in that manner I may have felt better about it. Or if she had been slightly older, like 23. She seemed to be right about 18.

Ed Wood is indeed a great movie.
candycane_girl
I hate to say it but I have never seen Ed Wood. I think I need to compile a list of great movies that I haven't seen so that I no longer feel aimless when I go to the video store.
faerietails2
I saw The Piano last night (starring Holly Hunter and Anna Paquin) and I have to say I didn't care for it much. It was a little too man-rescues-woman for me (and distinctly anti-feminist at that), and the story seemed very flat; I think they could've explored the characters a lot more. dry.gif

And Anna annoyed me to no end (although she did play the part very well).
candycane_girl
Oh lordy, I had to watch that movie years ago for a film class. My friends and I just sat there, hopelessly paralyzed by our own boredom.
girltrouble
omg... i loved the piano...i was a fan of jane campion since i saw one of her shorts-- it was this super creepy horror thing about a woman who pulls a hair out of her sink only to find it keeps growing, and getting more and more slimy. it was shot in this moody, murky, super color saturated way that was unlike anything i'd seen before. she was at the forefront of 'the australian wave'. a whole bunch of australian and new zealand directors (many of them women) were making amazing movies. her best to me, was her first: sweetie, but in her wake came another one of my favorite directors: alison mclean, whose movie, crush was as brilliant a commentary on america's devistating selfishness, (starring marcia gay harden) as any film until joon bong-ho's the host, this year. then she went on to do jesus' son, an equally dreamy bit of film making..

i know the piano might seem pretty dry, but there is a lot going on beneath the surface, and it is something of a feminist film-- although not in any sort of straight ahead way. campion does this weird semiotic thing, where nothing is as simple as it seems. here is the most succinct way of explaining her storytelling:

analysis of the piano reveals a second feminist vision that comes closer to transcendence over patriarchy. paradoxically, the piano has been both criticized for its romanticism of patriarchy and praised for the forms of resistance presented within it. this filmic paradox parallels that described by delaurentis as she explains the relationship of women's subjectivity and patriarchy: "the only way to position oneself outside that discourse is to displace oneself within it, thus the contradiction of feminist theory itself, at once excluded from discourse and imprisoned within it."

i don't want to do much quoting since most people don't get into film studies/theory and it's vocabulary as much as i do. (most find it terribly boring as well.), but if you ever do get into film theory, the piano is a terrific movie to study because of campion's complex, unique kind of filmic feminism, and the different view points around it. bell hooks did an interesting article about it, if memory serves... i'll have to see if i can dig that up. that said, it's been atleast a decade since i've seen the piano, and i can imagine it probably wasn't the overwhelming immersing experience that it was on a big screen. it's really one of those movies that suffers from being on the small screen. campion's women aren't always pretty, or nice, they tend to be difficult, anti-heroes, if the label hero can be applied to them at all, but they do feel the need to do things their own way... a feminist impulse if there ever was one.
faerietails2
Can you send me a link to that article, gt? I'd like to read it, and bell hooks' article, too.

I thought that cinematography-wise, the movie was incredible. The camera work was lovely, and if I were to teach an intro to film class, I'd probably use it for semiotics. But the story itself was just...lacking. I didn't hate it, but I didn't necessarily like it either (I 3-starred it on Netflix). I didn't think it was boring, but I just kept thinking that it was missing something.

ETA: I just saw Factory Girl. It, uh, sucked. It should've been really compelling, too, given the subject matter. But no.
girltrouble
well i haven't been able to find the article that i pulled the quote from, but bell hooks article, turns out is easy to find, just google bell hooks and the piano. interesting article. she talks about gangsta movies, the piano and the media's hypocracy...
anna k
I just watched Joshua, and got into it. It's a very quiet movie (aside from baby crying and the nastiness of post-partum depression). There is no musical score, and it was gripping and eerie. It's about an upper-class couple who have a new baby, and their eight-year-old acts out in manipulative, psychotic ways. He's very quiet about it, seemingly cutely eccentric at first and more creepier as the film goes on.
girltrouble
well, semi scratch that--- i found part of the article and the rest of it you have to pay for. (boooo!) but you can read what you can here:feminist visions of transformation or they offer a free peek with a trial subscription here:the same on questia

and since i'm going link crazy, here is the bell hooks article too:misogyny, gangsta rap, and the piano
bunnyb
I've read some interesting things on The Piano too; it came up quite a bit in the feminist lit/film theory I read when studying.

In the next few weeks I am hoping to catch a lot of films in cinema whilst on holiday, especially Waitress and Sherrybaby (about to be released here).

faerietails2
so, having read the bell hooks article and the full text of that other article (my old school password to the journal databases still works! woo!), i can now say with full certainty that...

i maintain that the piano is anti-feminist. *sticks tongue out and runs away*

*runs back into say the tao of steve and impromptu suck ass, then runs out again*
MaybeSparrow
QUOTE(anna k @ Jul 19 2007, 10:08 PM) *
I just watched Joshua, and got into it. It's a very quiet movie (aside from baby crying and the nastiness of post-partum depression). There is no musical score, and it was gripping and eerie. It's about an upper-class couple who have a new baby, and their eight-year-old acts out in manipulative, psychotic ways. He's very quiet about it, seemingly cutely eccentric at first and more creepier as the film goes on.

I just saw this last night and really liked it, although it did steer me away from child-rearing for a while longer. The constant crying of the baby really got under my skin...although that was exactly the point. Joshua was quite the little fucker though.

P.S Totally off topic, but I rewatched Little Women this morning while moseying through a long breakfast. I will never stop loving that movie!
swedishchick
Oh, Shortbus! It was great, great, great! I thought I could see a little piece of myself in all the characters. luuurrrvvv...
sybarite
I liked The Piano, it held me completely throughout, not least because it was beautifully shot and IMO the performances were good. But I should say that I was studying film theory at the time, and went on to write about it afterwards. I talked about it more in the context of postmodernism though, as a kind of anti-Tarantino, un-ironic return to a small story told on a big scale, if that makes sense (and if memory serves me correctly...) I also loved Campion's Portrait of a Lady.

GT, I met delaurentis once.

I actually came in here to rave about La Vie En Rose, the Edith Piaf biopic, which I've just seen. Minimalist review: beautiful, but fucking heartbreaking. Marion Cotillard, who played Piaf, was extraordinary. She just nailed an incredibly affecting, fierce performance. It's over 2 hours of raw emotion so if that floats your boat you should absolutely see it.
faerietails2
Yeah, I've studied a good bit of film theory in my day, which is why I was looking forward to seeing The Piano (and which is why I was torn between the good acting/filmic stuff and everything else). But bell hooks articulated almost everything I found wrong with the movie. I do love Portrait of a Lady, though! I wish they'd release it on DVD.

I saw In the Realms of the Unreal: The Mystery of Harvey Darger last night and I absolutely loved it (even though it scared the shit out of me at one point, but that's due to my own issues with scary-lookin' kids). It's mostly documentary, although the director weaves narrative fiction into it too. The way she incorporated the history with the interview/photo footage and animation was really fascinating.

I also saw Ms. 45, this really cheesy 80s cult movie about this woman who gets raped twice in one day and goes on a man-killing spree. It was really bad, but strangely endearing.
girltrouble
s' ok faerie, you are certainly welcome to disagree. (personally prefer it wink.gif) and as much as i liked the piano, i have to say bell hooks has some very good points (esp. about the hypocracy)....

that darger movie is a good intro to his work, which i love. and it incorperates newer documentary techniques like animation, which i really like. it reminds me of the kid stays in the picture for that same reason, and tangenitally, dogtown and z-boys for it's crazy editing (although animation wise stacy peralta's next movie, riding giants, uses those tecniques more than dogtown). good, involving docs tho.

wasn't Ms. 45 directed by abel ferarra? i wanted to see that-- it was based on a comic series in the 80's, yes? with the exception of bodysnatchers, all of his movies i've seen-- like the bad leutenant, the addiction, king of new york, strike me as really bad but strangely endearing.
bunnyb
Have the flu and been catching up with some dvds:

The Devil Wears Prada was enjoyable but the outfits (especially Anne Hathaway's) made the film; it reminded me of Sex and the City and Ugly Betty so wasn't surprised to see that Patricia Field did the costumes.

The Girl in the Cafe was a tender exploration of a blooming relationship, complete with cringe-worthy awkwardness. Bill Nighy plays a more convincing and endearing English bumbling fool than Hugh Grant does. It didn't teach me more about the G8 summit than I knew already but the (first, I believe) use of the clicking of fingers to emphasise the loss of a child to poverty every three seconds was chilling.

Chocolat was sumptious and Johnny Depp with an Irish accent is a sexy, chocolatey heaven.

I've also re-watched (for the hundredth time) Steel Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle-Stop Cafe and Heathers.
anna k
I liked the Harvey Darger documentary, and the spookiness of his only two surviving photographs and his fascination with that girl's photo in the 1930s newspaper. The story was fascinating, though Dakota Fanning's voice was a bit creepy.
Jaymi
Devil Wears Prada was a fun movie, and it made me want to go shop for better clothes. LOL. I heard Shortbus was awesome, but I haven't seen it yet. I should go get it.

One of my favorites that really sticks with me is Like Water For Chocolate. Any fans?

Has anyone seen HAIR yet? I'm a bit scared to go see it. I like the original film, and I'm nervous about this one. But the guy who plays the singer is actually from a town 15 miles north of me (go figure!) and they had a blurb on the news about him. So maybe I should show some town spirit and go see it.

Oh and about Venus, I was totally excited to see it, until I did. It grossed me out. Something about it just didn't get pulled off well. Of course the previews twisted what it was about a bit. I was disappointed. sad.gif
dolor
Hi Trouble-Gal (and all others...)

You asked about Fassbinder way back when... Well, I've been watching the Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant, yesterday. (Named after my favorite philosopher, perhaps?) It turns out to be... a camp hoot. A comedy. Who knows if that's what Herr F. had in mind, but that's what it now arrives as. It's like "The Women" for our time. I can recall watching the Women for the first time and thinking... in amazement... this is a scream. The jaw dropped. Then wondering: But is it supposed to be so hysterical? Just as I'm wondering, was there a bit of a smile on F's face as he put together this preposterous concoction, or was this all didactic stagey alienating Gemanic seriousness?

Then, once you decide that it's a comedy... it turns out to be too sluggish. Just doesn't have the chatty momentum of "the women," and those slow gliding camera movements and tableaux become tedious. Mondo Yawno. So then I switched on the audio commentary. which was very good, tho she didn't seem to groove to the comedic potential of the whole thing. But that still wasn't enough stimulation for voracious Dolor. So I bailed, about 3/4 through.

Meanwhile, I just watched Shanghai Gesture, and Barefoot Contessa. Began Widow of St Pierre. Pandora and the flying Dutchman is on its way.

Now have you grooved with the Holy Girl? If not, you deserve a major spanking!

ta ta,
Dol

PS OT for GT: How's your lonleyheart? One reason you haven't heard from me lately is 'cause... my biggest wish has come true. After a year of loneliness..., I've found a love, for me! I've come out of my doldrums, where you first found me. She is sweet, affectionate, romantic-- just like your gushy Dolor. We walk through beautiful nature together, so happy. Plus she even enjoys it when I'm being a cocky know-it-all.
And you? Have you found someone special? I wish it for you, someone to assuage those troubles of yours. And sort through the fuckery. You deserve it, I'm sure.
dolor
Querida GT (and all other filmic busties)

-- while here, let me make my pitch for The Spirit of the Beehive. One of my super faves, my top 3, say.

Here's why it's so wonderful:
It is beautiful to the eye.
It is moving-- the final scene had me on the brink of tears, it is so intense. When little Anna declares herself to the night... the monster... the train... [This is the image of your Dolor, behind her bars.]
It very romantic... but set within historical pessimism, the trauma of history.
It is the most complicated movie I know. So you can watch it many times, and see how it weaves together, as does a complex poem.

It's also quiet and slow, and demands attention.

While complex, you can appreciate it immediately, without understanding everything that it deals with.

This is what you need to know before watching it. > It opens with very precise time and place: rural Spain in the early forties, 1942 or 3, I think. That is, at the conclusion of the Spanish civil war, when the nationalists have now defeated the Republic. (The beginning of the Franco dictatorship, which is still in place when El Espiritu de la Colmena is released, in 1973, 30 years later!) Meanwhile, WWII grinds on, elsewhere.
It is this situation of historical trauma and pessimism (which turns out to be one of the many meanings of the spirit of the beehive) which brings us to a family... now in trauma, cracking up. With these two daughters, left to their own devices, on their own, wandering out onto the Altoplano.

PS I also had a bunch to say about why "Soy Cuba" is so excellent, but may have failed to pitch at the right time, after I'd just seen the documentary about it. Sorry.

anna k
I saw I Know Who Killed Me Today today. It was pretty lame and boring. Lindsay's strip scenes are depressing, a total downer for any guy going to a strip club for fun. She's more of an exotic dancer, she doesn't get naked, and her depressing dance scenes reminded me of Demi Moore's strip scenes to Annie Lennox ballads, bringing the mood down in a strip club. The mother has kept an ultrasound of her kid for 20 years conveniently to prove that Linz doesn't have a twin.

"I grew up in the real world" = world of crackhouses and a druggie mom and dancing underneath red lights.

By the end it did seem like a fucked-up Parent Trap sequel.

Somebody brought a baby into the theater, and it started crying near the end. No wonder, the movie is full of violence (disfigurements and oozing sores), cheesy sex scenes (where Linz has girl-on-top sex while keeping her bra on), and Linz enuciating "fuck" so we know she's a bad girl.

The blue roses reminded me of the "blues roses/pleurosis" exchange in The Glass Menagerie.

Good for her getting arrested. She was better off not promoting this and trying to defend it as something good.

On the positive side, Lindsay has nice tits.
ginger_kitty
I checked out that new sci-fi movie, Sunshine. I liked it, though I felt there were a few unneccesary twists to make it more suspenseful. It had that one cutie from 28 days later, I can't remember his name...his eyes are just so gorgeous!
greenbean
Oooo, thats Cillian Murphy, Ginger Kitty. tres sexy.

Rescue Dawn was pretty darn good. I was surprised by Jeremy Davies' performance, he is a real underused talent in cinema today (he was vanilla boyfriend in Secretary.)
kari
I watched Shortbus this weekend. I thought overall it was ok, I didn't really like the ending. It was an entertaining movie though. Next up: For your Consideration.
crazyoldcatlady
gb and gk, i sat through all of batman watching cillian murphy's eyes, even though he was the bad guy. i want to lick them.
anna k
He was great in that, really devious and sick. Even though he played the baddie in Red Eye, his part in Batman was such a 180 from 28 Days Later.
chachaheels
Igmar Bergman died yesterday.
dolor
And then we lost Michelangelo Antonioni, 94.

The end of an era: the B&W generation that came on the scene in the 50's...

and both distributed by Janus Films, I assume-- so crucial to the transmission of European culture into the US.

Delivering us from the dark ages of the Eisenhower years.
girltrouble
Dear, dear droll dolor! i have missed you!

i am terribly sad to report i do deserve a terrible spaniking, i have not watched the holy girl yet, but i have not watched a movie in the last two or three weeks. which is an amazing stretch for me. in honesty i have, and i will tell you this, because i do love you, so much, i started to watch it, but found i was too worried to give it it's full attenion, so i decided to start over at another time, since i have a motto when it comes to films: "you only get to see a film for the first time, once." so if i am not giving it the attention i know it deserves, i will stop-- particullarly if it is something i've been waiting to see. i've been known to pay for a movie twice just to make sure i was in the right head space. and i am notoriously cheap when it comes to seeing movies in the theatre. i say all of this riga-ma-role to let you know this movie is very important to me. i have been too worried trying to find a welding job to do anything i enjoy save sleep, the only respite from my troubles. but, i have good news-- i have just gotten a job! yay! and i get off work early enough to see afternoon matinees! yeeeeeee-haw!

ahem. i mean, so you can understand, delightful darling doles, done dealt dole, i am free to watch the holy girl!
which i intend to do tonite.

i am so happy to hear, more than my own news, however, that my filmic goddess (that'd be you), has found a paramour! how thrilling! i do so hope that he knows what a bright and shining gem he has found in you, and if he doesn't i will be forced to place my boot in his posterior. but, that said, i can't imagine that he would not know. it is simply too obvious! and while most guys are lunkheads, dating you, my filmic friend, could only be seen as a stroke of genious!

speaking of strokes of genious, a quick re-read of your post reveals your paramour is female. how wise, and tricky of you to by-pass all of the lunkheadery! you are a clever one, my former dolorous one! i am so glad that you have found someone...

but we talk about film in this thread, do we not? and while i suspect that the bitter tears was done in the utmost of seriousness (and i agree with it's well.... boringness), the women, however, is nothing short of a wonderful comedy rollercoaster. i have always loved the quick dialog of screwball comedy, and the women has that, but without romance (or men) getting in the way. the women is deleriously funny. it's unforgettable. i wish there were more movies like it.

have you seen the box set janus has put out, dolesome? i remember seeing so many movies with that logo silently ushering me into so many new experiences in film... i miss it. *sigh.*...

cries and whispers. i think was my favorite bergman. it's black and white restraint giving way to fades to red, and small shocks of it in frame...

and antonioni... well we've talked about him, and rightfully so. what is saddest to me is that many of these older, classic films and filmakers whose ingenious innovation of film as a medium is burried under the glut of films like rush hour 4. i'm all for pop film, but not at the expense of those guideposts who showed us what these 'pieces of silver' could be.....

Moonpieluv
I'm not exactly erudite in film history, but I know I've seen a sick amount to movies/films in my time.

The latest docu. that blew my mind was "Bodysong". Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead did the score. It was rather... mesmerizing. I watched it twice.

I almost finished watching "Tideland" with Jeff Bridges the other night... but I was a bit sauced and what-not... I want to watch it when I've got full attention. But geez, what a weird-ass movie. disturbing. psychologically... derrr...

Has anyone seen it? What did you think?
chachaheels
Antonioni died? Oh, no.

I hadn't heard. He was a big hero of mine.

Those dark ages may have started with Eisenhower, but they ain't near over yet.

So thrilled and happy to know that Dolor has reasons to be delirious now (yeah, it's a bit punny, so kill me) and GirlTrouble has a new job! Love, lust, and prosperity, prosperity, love, and lust... what could be better?
faerietails2
yeah, my heart kinda dropped when i heard about antonioni. bergman and antonioni in one day... *sigh* sad.gif

i recently saw perfume: the story of a murderer. it's weird, but i liked it. didn't care for all the narration, especially at the beginning, though.

today might be the day i go see goya's ghosts. i've been eyeing it for a while.
girltrouble
*runs over and jumps one fairie and cha cha, and kisses their pretty faces all over just cos i lurve 'em so!*
dolor
Darling Cha-cha

> So thrilled and happy to know that Dolor has reasons to be delirious now...

With your encouragement I'm becoming reacquainted with major "doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment..." Dolor is now so rearranged that it may be time to spin her letters around and call him... Drool: Drool of desire, that is.

And you know, CCH, I really do owe you an important thanks-- surprising as it may seem to you. Your strong words on behalf of both feminism and the pleasures of sexual submission (you gathered them together... remember?) opened my mind up in a way that it needed. I was just too close-minded and moralistic about submission, didn't pick up on it when it was suggested & hinted at by past shy lovers... but now when my new love wants to go there... I affirm her in it. So you've made me a better person, a better lover.
Thank you...

OK, this totally off topic.
Sue me!
faerietails2
*kisses gt right back*

I couldn't see Goya's Ghosts because it already left that freaking theater. Grr. I swear...they have Pirates of the Caribbean 3 for over a month (in a place with only 3 screens), and they take away Goya immediately. Ugh.

On the bright side, I saw Rescue Dawn and it was really good.
ginger_kitty
I just saw a preview for Wes Anderson's new film, The Darjeeling Limited, and I really want to see it when it comes out. I adore his quirky stories. Also I'm really curious about Paris Je T’aime, which I read a little about, peaking my interest.
anna k
I was absorbed by Rescue Dawn. Christian Bale did well as usual, but I was drawn to the characters played by Steve Zahn and Jeremy Davies (who looked like an emaciated Jim Morrison), being impressed by how much better they were in this movie than in other movies (Jeremy seemed pretty boring to me in other movies, and Steve has played too many zany stoner-buddy types), but Herzog or somebody must have pulled some great performances out of them. Definetly one of the best I've seen this year.
faerietails2
I know. I kept staring at Jeremy Davies in shock. And I thought it was great that Herzog still utilized Zahn's humorous side (all the shit jokes), and yet was able to pull together this incredible character. I always knew Zahn was a great actor, but damn! He was really amazing in this movie.
anna k
I went to see No Reservations. It was a little formulaic, but a nice matinee. I love listening to Patricia Clarkson's voice, Catherine Zeta-Jones is beautiful, and Abigail Breslin can act well. Besides that, I didn't buy the romance between the leads and thought it was a bit flat.
greenbean
Yeah, I was so glad Herzog gave Rescue Dawn a humorous side. It was such an intense film, and it needed those funny moments to break up the suspense. I was laughing so hard when Zahn's character (was talking about what would be in his fantasy fridge and Bale was interupting him)..his eyes totally emoted such weakened frustration before he even spoke. He's a great "eye" actor, heh.
anna k
Yeah, that part was good.

"Some nice beer-"

"No, the dark, German, cool, frothy stuff . . ."

"Hey, would you let me finish?"

and

"Why do you like a lot of sweet stuff?

"Hey, it's my story, let me finish . . . uh, on the top shelf, there'd be some cake . . . aww, see, now you messed me up."

I didn't get that the shit jokes were because he had dysentery. I just assumed it was a bad habit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.