Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reel Life: The Movie Thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
dolor
Well, I've seen about 6 Alices (including, en fin, the Jonathan Miller version) and NONE of them have come close to capturing what this unique work is about.

They're don't get the subtle tone of it, and are either too cute, or far too nightmarish. (Burton can be predicted to go into the latter.)

They usually don't get Alice's age, have her either too young or too old. Alice is on the edge of puberty. (But this may be how Tenniell has her, as opposed to how Carroll envisioned her?)
[That photo of TB's Alice looks right to me, close to T's Alice, and not the small brunette Alice Liddell that Carroll photographed.]

They don't get her manner right: She is *extraordinarily* self-confident and verbal, esp. considering that she's altogether on her own, a stranger in a very strange land, and up against so much adversity and craziness. She is trying very hard to make sense of things... to move forward... Go Alice!

Also, the White Knight must be featured. He is a stand-in for Carroll himself, and the only person who is nice to her. Tho also terribly old (as Carroll found himself), ungainly and daft, caught up his obsessions. As she says goodbye to the white knight, she is leaving childhood (the stage where LC was comfortable) for adulthood, & sexuality. (A charming Gary Cooper in the Hollywood version.)

The look of Alice, for me, is very much tied to Tenniell's drawings, and I wonder if Burton will stay with that, or go for his own radical mise-en-scene.

I'm looking forward to his version of the grinning Cheshire cat head, reappearing without its body! In a different tree. That he should be able to pull off wonderfully.

Hmm, will this be A in Wonderland, or both Alices (including Through the LookingGlass) jumbled up?

ALICE!

PS I'm a big fan of "Nightmare before Xmas."
PPS AuralP, thanks for correcting my notion of Wicker Man's misogyny.
girltrouble
hee hee! i love you dolor! before the movie comes out you have to write a primmer along with a guide to the alice movies.

that was fun reading since all i know of alice is thru disney or the svank film. thanks for learnin' me.
vixen_within
AP, thanks for the tip.

Dolor those are great observations. I don't remember the name of it (was it just "Alice"?) but it was about Alice as an adult revisiting her past. She was accepting an honour and it brought back these buried memories. I think this one captured a very true part of the work, the terrifying absurdity, the distance between adulthood and childhood, the real life context of it. I'm looking forward to the Burton version. OMG Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen- of course..we should start a petition.
thirtiesgirl
Re: Alice... I remember a televised miniseries in 1985 that covered most of both ...In Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass that I thought was pretty good and seemed to capture most of Lewis Carroll's themes, particularly that of growing up and gaining maturity. Alice was played by pre-pubescent TV actor Natalie Gregory (who basically disappeared in the '90s after doing some commercials and many guest spots on tv shows). I thought she did a good job as Alice and was the right age, although she looked little too doll-like for my idea of Alice (if you look at the photos, it's so obvious her hair is a wig). I remember some very poignant scenes with the Mock Turtle (played by Ringo Starr), and the White Knight (a heartbreaking Lloyd Bridges), and most of the locations and characters looked as I imagined them in the books. It was an all-star cast (for the times, anyway)... '70s and '80s tv star Ann Jillian played the Red Queen, Jayne Meadows was the Queen of Hearts, Roddy MacDowell was the March Hare, Anthony Newley was the Mad Hatter, and Harvey Korman was the White King. You can read more about this Alice at IMDB.com.
anna k
That miniseries scared the crap out of me as a kid. The scene with Alice yelling to her parents through the mirror and they can't see or hear her freaked me out, as did her being chased through the woods by some monstrous creature. I watched it because my uncle played a playing card in one scene.
vixen_within
Oh my goodness I remember that one too. I was so upset when I missed a night.
thirtiesgirl
The Jabberwocky was so damn scary in that one. I was in high school and it scared me. It was supposed to represent Alice's childhood fears, but the monster itself was scary enough to cause them.
bunnyb
That's my favourite version of Alice too and one I was lucky enough to locate on dvd a few years ago. It captures the bizarre, the outrageous and the creepy of the book well and has one of the most terrifying of depictions of the jabberwocky ever.

I found the Svankmajer version odd, to say the very least.

I squealed when I read about the Burton/Depp version... I am very excited.

I have also been reading for years that there is going to be a film version of American McGhee's Alice (VG) with Sarah Michelle Gellar, does anybody know about this?
vixen_within
Isn't that the one where they had to "tone down" the violence on the game cover? Yeah I've heard of it. I'll see any movie about Alice. I like that writers/directors get to take crazy chances and yet it's tied down to a solid story, about a girl.
anna k
I watched Casual Sex? today. It was funny and enjoyable, and Victoria Jackson didn't bother me as much as she did on SNL. I also liked Andrew Dice Clay, he played a less-annoying version of his comic persona, showing some heart and tenderness. I don't have a lot more to say about it, except it was definetly a product of the 80's (Lea Thompson's character enjoys lots of sex with artistic types until she gets freaked about AIDS and feels guilty and irresponsible).
vixen_within
(Just popped back in because it's the middle of the night and I'm remembering not only the jabberwocky - but that scene where the baby turns onto a writhing baby pig before our eyes - which for some reason I found very frightening... Kinderhorror rivaled only by the scene in Return To Oz where all of the witch's heads start screaming, the subway scene in The Wiz or by the Doctor Who theme song.)

ETA: scary alice through the looking glass scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7dxhbHAGRE

omfg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjC_0lGm0E...feature=related
thirtiesgirl
Yeah, that's the exact scene with the Jabberwocky that I was thinking about. That freaked me out when I was 15. As an aside, I love how the movie is supposed to be set in the 19th century, but her parents look very contemporary, particularly her mother's hairstyle.

I had forgotten about that scene in Return to Oz with the witch's heads. That was pretty freaky. I've only seen the movie once, years ago, in the theater, with my mom. She had bought stock in Touchstone Pictures because it was owned by Disney, so she thought it was a surefire moneymaker. After she bought the stock, we went to see several Touchstone movies to see if they were any good, including Return to Oz. She sold it shortly after seeing that one. I'll have to rent it from Netflix again soon and re-live some childhood memories. I remember really liking the Winkies in the movie, the people with wheels on their arms and legs. I thought they were so cool.

Speaking of current movies, I went to see Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist last night and thought it was pretty good. Not great, but not horrible. I totally fell in love with Michael Cera's Nick, too. His character reminded me a lot of my current LD guy, who I'm missing something awful right now, so I was a blubbering mess in the car after the movie. And it doesn't help that Cera kind of looks like my first serious college boyfriend, who I was with for 5 years. I think I was experiencing a lot of mixed emotions last night.
octobersky
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Oct 4 2008, 04:53 AM) *

I have also been reading for years that there is going to be a film version of American McGhee's Alice (VG) with Sarah Michelle Gellar, does anybody know about this?

I *think* that might be the one that Marilyn Manson is involved with. Apparently he is doing the soundtrack. According to what I read on IMDB, SMG is not playing Alice, she pulled out of that. I've heard rumors now for over a year, but nothing concrete. I would love to see this one happen.

I remember the miniseries from the 80's that was really good smile.gif
dolor
I forgot to add that *immediately* after Alice says goodbye to the White Knight, she becomes an adult, that is, a Queen-- having been a pawn, she arrives at the end of the board and is "Queened".
She shakes the Red Queen who turns into a kitten. And so Alice wakes up, and we return to.... mere actuality.
dolor
Has anyone seen
"My Blueberry Nights"
??
octobersky
Well according to the Hollywood Reporter Helena Bonham Carter IS playing the Red Queen!!! Yay! biggrin.gif
However Anne Hathaway is playing the White Queen, at first I thought she might not pull it off, but I dunno I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Tim Burton rarely gets the casting wrong.
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(dolor @ Oct 7 2008, 04:16 AM) *
Has anyone seen
"My Blueberry Nights"
??

I haven't yet, but I like Wong Kar Wai flix. I just wasn't sure about Norah Jones in the main role, so I didn't rush out to see it in the cinema.
dolor
Killer of Sheep:

It is so heartening that this lost movie has been brought back from near-oblivion, and from serious film decay.

Watts circa 1977. On the commentary Burnett says how it seemed so "rough" at the time but now seems so much healthier than Watts now (in terms of jobs + intact families + livable houses), and esp. Watts in the 80's, a "lost generation." (Lost to crack more than anything else?)

Especially notable for me was how much time Burnett takes to look at the children... little kids and teens, doing their thing, playing their games in the alleys and wastelands. There is so much pointless agro and conflict in their interactions, cursing each other, throwing rocks and dirt at each other. (As Burnett points out, this conflict leads to their being beat up, not with their being killed, as it might today.)

Wonderful sweet scene of the daughter singing Earth Wind and fire to her doll, while her mother smiles down at her.

Made for $10.000, while he was still at film school.
lananans
I just watched "Maria Full of Grace" -- a young girl becomes a drug mule from Colombia to New York, and the story of how this affects her life and the factors leading up to it. I LOVED it.

Also, has anyone else seen "Paris Je T'aime"??? I watched that with my boyfriend last week, and it was just genius. A couple of the stories were kind of weird - like the one with the guy who sells beauty products, but other ones, like the one with Willem Dafoe as the cowboy... oh my god, I was a blubbering mess.
lananans
Ps - I also want to see My Blueberry Nights - is it out on dvd yet? I hope Norah Jones can act, because I love her music.
anna k
lananans, I have a copy of Paris Je'Taime, and I liked parts of it, it was a good movie.
lananans
Yeah, anna - some parts were much better than others. I thought that overall the good made up for the bad though.
girltrouble
dolor! sorry i missed your post! i've posted about killer of sheep a couple of times in this thread, as well as another of burnett's movies, to sleep with anger. both of which, imho, are some of the finest in black cinema. it's always a shame to me that burnett isn't as well known as spike lee. he's not only lee's contemporary/l.a. counter point, but i think with the exception of do the right thing, i think burnett is better.

lan, i saw maria a few years back at the seattle film festival. i loved it too. it just seemed so honest. no flash, no melodrama. just a good, heartbreaking story carried thru to the end.

i want to see my blueberry nights, i also want to see that miike "soba noodle" western, sukiyaki western django, and steven (shaolin soccer, kung fu hustle) chow's take on E.T., CJ7.

while i'm here, if anyone has cable with G4, they are showing one of my favorite movies of the last 5 years, joon bong-ho's the host, on holloweeny.

dolor
Cara Tea-Gal (of the recent full moon...)

Can you retrieve those posts about Killer of Sheep and To Sleep with Anger? I'd love to read them. I saw TSWA when it came out, unfortunately it's not available at N-flix. (Also Burnett did one of the chapters that made up the recent Scorcese package on "the Blues")

As I've mentioned before, Chameleon Street is an extraordinary instance of black cinema. And I need to see "Ganja and Hess" again.

beautiful fall days here...
kari
Lananans, I thought Maria Full of Grace was very well done also.

I must admit, I am very curious to see Oliver Stone's W. I think Josh Brolin playing Bush is very interesting.
dolor
Yes, Maria, FOG was excellent.
And the back story, in the commentary track, about how it was cast and put together is very good too.

Fun to see that wonderful actress, now all dolled-up & super-beautiful, at the international awards, in the extras.
CandyMandyDandy
I saw the new Dicaprio and Crowe film, Body of Lies, and enjoyed it. That one, and Traitor with Don Cheadle were very interesting. Those type of movies where you can't predict the ending. smile.gif I like those kind.
vixen_within
I can't decide whether I adore Don Cheadle or am simply very fond of him. I think he's the type of person I would have had a big crush on in grade 7. A little bit aloof, a touch of geekiness, but down to earth and very hip, and likely the only other non-white kid in class.

Has anybody seen Rachel At The Wedding? I keep meaning to go see it.
thirtiesgirl
Question for the ladies... has anyone seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and what did you think of it?

I rented it last weekend on the recommendation of the LD boy. He really enjoyed it, thought it was very funny, etc. I have to admit, while I did find the movie funnier than most 'funny' movies I've seen recently, it still left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, I think in large part due to the fact that the titular character, Sarah Marshall (sorry...I just love using the word titular) was referred to as an 'evil bitch' at the end of the movie by her ex-boyfriend. He also created a symbolic Sarah character in his vampire puppet musical who was portrayed as an 'evil female' puppet, complete with devil horns. This is what left the bad taste in my mouth. I'm getting sick of these guy-written movies about obviously hapless, lovelorn semi-sweet jerks who aren't really bad guys but seem to have the final word on the women in their lives by portraying them in movies (and their own characters' puppet plays or forays into whatever form of artistic media they choose) as 'evil bitches.'

I mean, I will agree that the Sarah Marshall character in the movie didn't make the best choices when it came to resolving her relationships, and it was a low blow for her to try and get back together with the ex-boyfriend the morning after the new boyfriend broke up with her...but that still doesn't make her an evil bitch. I really wanted to like the movie, and overall, I did. But the last 20 minutes ruined it for me with yet another stereotypical male reaction.
anna k
I thought it was funny at times, and also sad, and didn't like it as much as my sister did. Maybe I was annoyed that the guy still ended up with the pretty girl at the end, or the pairing of schlubby guys with hot girls while those guys wouldn't go for their own equals in looks, and even though it can make me laugh, the whole Judd Apatow dude machine.
rubberdollz
I thought the movie was lame to tell you the truth. The guy's character was totally pitiful and annoying to watch. I think the only part that made me laugh at that movie was when the waiter guy in the end tells the British dude off because he tells him he didn't listen to his tape. I about lost it at that scene, but other than that... nope. Sarah Marshall was annoying too. Fine she dumped the guy and was dating some dude but the fact that she made a big deal about the guy being on the island like he was following her was really dumb.

I don't know. That whole movie left a bad taste in my mouth, but honestly I'm having a hard time lately actually seeing comedies as being funny. They just aren't anymore. Maybe I'm losing my sense of humor?
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(anna k @ Oct 23 2008, 04:57 PM) *
I thought it was funny at times, and also sad, and didn't like it as much as my sister did. Maybe I was annoyed that the guy still ended up with the pretty girl at the end, or the pairing of schlubby guys with hot girls while those guys wouldn't go for their own equals in looks, and even though it can make me laugh, the whole Judd Apatow dude machine.

Word. This goes without saying for all of Apatow and his brethren's movies.
sybarite
Rubberdollz, I don't find most Hollywood comedies funny at all, just lame and formulaic. I've had to watch several because I was reviewing them. I thought Knocked Up, for instance, had its moments but also contained a lot of irritating assumptions.

Saying that, I saw Ghost Town this week not expecting to like it at all, but I warmed to it--some good performances and a few giggles. I'm not a big fan of Ricky Gervais and I'm not sure that he works as a romantic lead, but he was better than I expected.
lananans
sybarite - I want to see Ghost Town, I do like Ricky Gervais, so maybe I will like it.

I saw Passchendaele last night - I thought that it dragged at bits and was a bit contrived, but overall I really enjoyed it. War movies tend to turn me into a sobbing mess, and this one succeeded.

Has anyone seen W.? I went to see it last weekend, and I thought that Josh Brolin was excellent, but the movie as a whole wasn't the greatest.
faerietails
I tend to think most Hollywood comedies are lame as hell. They're just not funny. I need my comedies dark with a side of perverse, thankyouverymuch. wink.gif

I really want to see Synecdoche, New York.
rubberdollz
I can totally agree with movies needing to be a little "darker" to get me to laugh or even a good sense of sarcasm could grab me. I laughed at the Darjeeling Limited, the sarcasm in that movie was really funny.

Thank god I know it's not just me who finds these movies lame. My husband LOVES The Cable Guy and I can't stand that freaking movie. There is not one damn thing about that movie that makes me even crack a smile, but every time it's on and he's home.... oh lord!!!

Do any of you experience this with movies? Any time a certain movie is on you or your significant other needs to watch it. I found that my husband has a few on that list and they are movies I really couldn't imagine he would even watch... for starters, Purple Rain. Nothing against Prince but watching my husband watch this movie and know the songs and lines is really freaking scary. hahaha.
anna k
I rewatched Knocked Up last night, and thought it was terrible. Depressing and unrealistic, and the characters seemed so miserable in their lives, that despite the cuteness of the baby, it wouldn't solve their problems or make them a loving couple once that newness wears off.

I watched it with my brother, and he kept saying how these people don't even know each other, that he only liked her because she was pretty and kept seeing him (she acted like a stuck-up bitch to him a lot, while he seemed to have no real motivation in life beyond getting stoned and making movie references). Why would an E! news reporter still be living in her sister's guest house? Why wouldn't she be using birth control or get some Plan B? Why does Paul Rudd's character act as if his married life is a death sentence, and he can't be open with his wife about doing fun stuff with his friends? When he mentioned seeing Spiderman by himself, it reminded me of my dad said he saw Purple Rain when it came out, and I thought, "Me and my sister were babies, so you left us home with Mom and watched Purple Rain by yourself?" Why does he throw such a fit because their perfect gyno isn't at her beck-and-call to attend to her birth? How do his friends afford to live in a house when they're apparently all unemployed save for their cheap website (I know he mentioned getting money from an accident, but still)? I was glad that someone called Jonah Hill Cartman, I kept thinking that while watching Superbad.

I saw The Cable Guy when it came out and thought it was really weird and dark, but I was 13 at the time. And my brother wanted to see Volver with me, and I was surprised, since I thought he'd write it off as a "chick flick," but he really enjoyed it. (And not because of Penelope Cruz' boobs.)
rubberdollz
Ok Knocked Up did totally suck. Every point that you made is basically everything that went wrong with that movie, I also hate that actress (whatever her name is). She was totally snobby and stuck up in that movie and blew up over the dumbest things.

Has anyone seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas??? That was on tv the other day and I remembered how funny that movie is!!! Johnny Depp was totally amazing in that movie.

What about Penelope? Anyone seen that movie with Christina Ricci??
vixen_within
QUOTE(vixen_within @ Oct 19 2008, 03:50 PM) *
I can't decide whether I adore Don Cheadle or am simply very fond of him. I think he's the type of person I would have had a big crush on in grade 7. A little bit aloof, a touch of geekiness, but down to earth and very hip, and likely the only other non-white kid in class.

Has anybody seen Rachel At The Wedding? I keep meaning to go see it.

er, so I meant Rachel Gets Married, which I STILL haven't seen, but keep hearing good things about.

Rubberdollz, I saw Penelope. I wasn't watching it with a particularly critical eye so I enjoyed it for what it was..I liked the You Have The Power thing and lent it to my foster sister and she seemed to like it too.

[Knocked Up] is the reason I no longer trust Seth Rogen vehicles. Bleh.

Lananans, I really liked Ghost Town and I'll bet you will too (but if you don't I'd love to know why.) I'm still hoping to see W, it's on my list.

ETA: I feel a way about posting this what with Jennifer Hudson's terrible tragedy, but I saw The Secret Life of Bees a few days ago and was SO disappointed! I asked my friend specifically, "Is this movie about the little girl, or is it about the Black family?" and she says with confidence "Oh, both". But no. The movie suffered 6 ways from Sunday from "Magical Negro" syndrome. I loved seeing Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah, and thank goodness for all of these major roles for Black women, but I was expecting a lot more and was hoping to see them in roles where their characters have a chance to develop (not just support & sacrifice in service of the development of others). A lot of people were weeping through the credits, but I wasn't convinced.
NewYorkLA
There are a bunch of movies that just came out that I really want to see... like The Changeling, Quarantine, The Express, Sex Drive, The Secret Life of Bees... the list goes on...
Anyone seen any movies recently that they would recommend??

I found an awesome site for watching trailers if you're undecided on what to see...
http://www.hollywood.com/movies/
thirtiesgirl
I saw Rachel Getting Married this weekend. It was good but not great, imho. My big problem with the movie had nothing to do with Anne Hathaway's character Kym's dysfunctional dealings with her family, which I thought was the good part of the movie. I have problems understanding how a family, even a divorced one, with lovely, posh New England homes (I'm assuming New England), a strong support of multiculturalism (all sister Rachel's friends, and friends of the family are so multicultural, it's like a visit to the UN), and parents who, in general, don't sweat the small stuff with their kids, can be considered dysfunctional. I grew up in a lower middle class family who barely made ends meet, in a small 3-bedroom home, paid for my own college education because there was nothing saved to send me away, and existed in that house for over 20 years with such repression and emotional neglect, I can't even begin to describe the toll it took on me. My mother chased my first serious boyfriend out of the house the first time he came to visit, and once made a comment that the reason my closest friend in high school was a black girl is because I got a spiral perm when I was in 10th grade and "my hair looked kinky like hers" (I'm quoting verbatim here). That's dysfunction.

I guess I had trouble identifying Rachel and Kym's family as dysfunctional with the wealth of seeming openness, personal comfort and financial stability the family exhibited. ...That said, though, the reason for Kym's behavior, once revealed, is a big one and obviously took a toll on the family. I guess there are some things that can't be overcome, no matter how much openness, personal comfort and money one may have. I'd still rather watch Little Miss Sunshine any day, though.
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(faerietails @ Oct 25 2008, 11:36 AM) *
I really want to see Synecdoche, New York.

Ooo, me too. I don't know what it is about that movie preview, but it really haunts me. And I've been trying to find who's responsible for that song in the preview..."I'm just a little person...". Sounds kind of like Norah Jones, but way better, more allegorical lyrics. Can't find anything online about it so far.
rubberdollz
We rented The Happening the other night. I can't say that it's as bad as everyone said. I think it was all the death and the way people were killing themselves that really drew me into it. When the dude turns the lawnmower on and lays down, I almost lost it. It was good though and kind of surprised me considering all the bad stuff I had heard about it. I'm not a fan of M. Knight at all!
kari
I saw The Duchess this weekend. I enjoyed it. The story is interesting, but I'm a sucker for period pieces, mainly b/c of the clothes & sets. So beautiful.

Also watched Babel. I thought it was pretty good, though not really worth the hype.

I felt the same way about Knocked Up as some of you. I was expecting it to be a lot funnier. Seth Rogen is starting to wear a bit thin these days, if you ask me.
rubberdollz
So oh my lord, my husband right now is watching the new version of Hairspray and I swear to god I hate this f*ng movie. How can you turn this total classic John Waters film into this horrible musical. I watched it all the way through one night and could not believe how much they jacked up the movie.

Like in the John Waters version Link and Traci are together, they kiss, makeout and you get the feeling that they are in love... this new version I don't think Link ever kisses Traci and if he does he almost looks disgusted by it.

They cut out the beatnik scene and how can you do that?!?!?! Ugh... no one takes the place of Divine either, I mean John Travolta... no thank you.
kari
Rubberdollz, *groan* I know. The new Hairspray is blasphemy. John Travolta is absolutely terrible. I think he was nominated for an award for the part too. Hmpf.
faerietails
I saw The Duchess a few weeks back, and I was teary through the whole thing. Her life was so depressing!

I want to try and see Changeling, The Secret Life of Bees (I saw the 1st 15 minutes and it was pretty good), and Rachael Getting Married this weekend. I'm so behind on my movies. Sigh.

I showed part of American Splendor to my classes, and they really liked it. Same for Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.
pollystyrene
We saw Fear(s) of the Dark tonight. Meh. Some good imagery. A couple of funny moments. A lot of French weirdness. The last segment was definitely the best, but if you're a survivor, you may not want to see this one. Lots of triggers.
sybarite
I felt the same way about The Duchess faerie--I went in expecting a frothy period piece and it became a brittle story where all her posh frocks do is disguise her unhappiness. Therefore I thought it was better than I expected, although I'm still not sure about Keira Knightley as an actress. She is beautiful, but I'm not convinced of her talent yet.

Saw the new Bond, the ridiculously titled Quantum of Solace. Surprisingly decent script (when they broke away from all the chase scenes) and an attempt at addressing US foreign policy. Daniel Craig is definitely growing on me as Bond.
auralpoison
Why didn't anybody tell me that I was gonna cry my face off over Atonement? I hate seeing films in theatres, so I'm hella behind, but damn. I cried & cried.

And I finally watched Juno & Sweeney Todd. I was surprised that I liked ST, as I generally hate musicals. A lot of stuff was left out, but it was a rollicking good time none the less. And Juno was a lot more annoying than I thought it'd be. Often times I felt it was too damned clever/hipster-y.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.