Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reel Life: The Movie Thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
sybarite
Finally saw Let the Right One In. Loved it; the visual sparseness, the quiet, the inherent dignity, and a fresh approach to the vampire genre. I've been gorging (ha) on True Blood lately, so am up to my ears in vampire narratives, but this film brought something new. It beautifully explores one vampire's lonely existence.

I get jaded about films but this one really struck me.

Also, agree that Sunshine is fairly uninteresting, but then I've long thought Danny Boyle is overrated. I do like Killian Murphy (nice guy IRL) but he wasn't used all that well here. He just did his intense thing, again.

I really want to see Moon. Sci-fi + Sam Rockwell: fantastic.
dolor
Cara Girltrouble,

Have you wandered into the Apichatpong Weerasethakul part of town? I ask because you seem general open to the Asian screen (which is why I gave you that Time Out Guide, since it is also so open...)

And then I ask because I just read an interview with Lucretia Martel (in regard to her "Headless Woman") and she registered herself as an AW fan. And also said that you have to "lose your mind" (or perhaps just park it?) when you wander into the Apichatpong neighborhood...

As for me, I lost my mind in San Francisco,
sitting next to Tony Bennett on the clattering cable car,
who was merely losing his heart...
!
girltrouble
i haven't, (dearest, darling ) dolor, but thank you for pointing it out to me. i've got a couple of thai films on my NFQ, and now i will add api to my list. i'm not sure if i've seen tales of iron pussy, but it looks like fun.

giant robot had an article about an interesting looking thai film, i thought i wrote down the name but i can't seem to find it. booooo!

as for losing your mind in SF, that's why i had to move. i thought i left my heart there, but last time i visited, i realized, i had just packed it deep within my u-haul. now i can't imagine living anywhere but the pac norwest. wink.gif
kari
Last night we watched The Orphanage. It was directed by the director of Pan's Labyrinth....name is escaping me at the moment. Anyway, I thought it was pretty good. Creepy, interesting, and well acted. Anyone seen it?
girltrouble
you're thinking of gulliermo de toro, kari, but it was actually directed by a protege of his, Juan Antonio Bayona. GdT just "presented it" basically talked his distributor in to carrying it, but he really had little to do with the production. it's more along the lines of saying, i love this movie enough to back it, and put my name on it. tarentino (chung king express) and malkovich (the terrorist) do this quite a bit too. it's a good way of helping foreign movies get play in the US. (i recommend both the movies i just mentioned too.)

as for the orphanage, i've seen it, but disliked the ending. seemed like a bait and switch to me. but save the last 5 minutes or so, i thought it was a very well made movie. i wonder if you've seen the devil's backbone, a very creepy thriller/ghost story along the same lines... (and it was directed by de toro, one of his first).
anna k
Right, like Peter Jackson presents District 9 or Quentin Tarantino presents Hostel.
kari
Ah, thanks GT. I guess when his name was on the screen, I didn't read anything else. I assumed he directed. I haven't seen the Devil's Backbone. I will check it out though!
angie_21
Finally saw District 9 earlier this week. I agree with GT, it was good enough, but just never lived up to the awesome potential of what could have been. It was too busy being "suspenseful" to actually keep my interest. Or maybe my expectations were too high. My boyfriend, on the other hand, absolutely loved it and couldn't even sleep after watching it.
sassygrrl
I feel the same way as Angie and GT. Mcgeek totally loved District 9 (we just got back from it tonight), and I saw a lot of plot holes as well as boring sci-fi ideas from other movies. I really liked the first hour with some of the Swiftian themes, but the next hour was just very boring. I also couldn't get over that the lead looked like one of the cast from Monty Python.

I saw Taking Woodstock last week, and give it a rental. I did love Dementri Martin and Leiv Schreiber had a great part in it.

rogue
I went and saw The Time Traveler's Wife on Monday night. I think it was pretty dece. I loved the book and I think it was pretty true to it. Some parts were missing from it (obviously) and some things were changed (again, obviously), but as a rabid fan of the book I really enjoyed it.

People were sobbing in the theatre, though. And I mean, sobbing. It was kind of awkard. I mean, it's a sad book, but I was shocked that it garnered that kind of reaction.

All in all, it was really good, though! I would recommend it to people who have read the book or who like strange love stories. =)
anna k
I saw Ponyo on Monday. Adorable and sweet, and such beautiful animation, a lot of hand-drawn work with minimal CGI. It had this childlike spirit that really worked, focusing on the two main children, and you really got into the world of five-year old surrounded by adults. I liked that the celebrity voices weren't distracting (although I could play "name that voice" since their names were credited in the beginning), and there wasn't any cynicism or pop-culture references or any of that garbage that annoys me about current childrens' cartoon films.
epinephrine
Oooh, I love Hayao Miyazaki! I can't wait to see Ponyo. I'm so sad I missed Up. Hoping it comes to a second-run theatre soon. It's just so much better seeing animated movies on the big screen.

I just watched Children of Men again and liked it even more than the first time. What an intense movie. I love all the realistic little details, the way they make their point in so many little ways so they don't need to have the actors stand there and explain it to you. It just makes the whole thing feel more three-dimensional, like the story extends way beyond the limits of the characters and the plot in question. I love apocalyptic movies. I'm fascinated by the idea of the end of the human race. That's the main attraction of zombie movies for me. I don't even mind the gaping plot holes, although believable is always better. I just want to see what the would would look like without us, or what it would look like ending. I can't wait to see District 9. Can anyone recommend any other good movies where all human civilization ends?
angie_21
oooh I loved children of men! Still one of my recent favorites. I was really wanting to see Blindness, but it never got any great reviews, does anyone know if it's worth a watch?

I can advise that while "9" was worth watching in the theatre for the awesome animation, the script licked big-time and overall I give it a thumbs down. It is post-apocalyptic tho.
epinephrine
There was a discussion back in April about Blindness. It's notorious for a couple of scenes that are completely excessive to the point of gratuitousness and really overpower the rest of the movie. I just skipped them. Major, major trigger warning. I think those scenes are what really harmed the ratings; other than that, I thought it was really well-done. It was a lot like 28 Days Later, only with a pandemic of blindness instead of "rage."
anna k
I liked Blindness, except for those parts, which did get really nasty to watch, and definitely seemed gratuitous. Besides that, I really got into the rest of the film, and found it fascinating.

Children of Men was a stunning film, and is intense to see in the theaters. I'd like to see it again. I always like seeing Chiwetel Ejiofor in anything, he's an underrated actor with so many different shades to his talent.

Last night I saw an Argentinian film called La Ronda (or Love by Accident), centering on the romantic entanglements of young people in a hip area of Buenos Aires. The cinematography was gorgeous, showing the warmth and beauty of the neighborhood, really giving a great view of inner Buenos Aires. And the music was fantastic, switching from artists like Queen, Billie Holiday, Liliana Felipe, and Andres Calamaro.

Unfortunately, I felt like the stories were a bit shallow and forgettable, like the characters seemed like they were cut-outs who belonged in a short film. I enjoyed the first segment, with a lonely rich woman who uses her hired service, then feels lonely when they don't really need her anymore, like getting off on the ego of the rich woman hiring "lesser" people to do work for her. I couldn't stand this other character Julia, who came off as a haughty snob who turns down a man who isn't "good enough" for her, then expects to be treated like a princess by the next guy, and rightly gets reality smacked in her face.

One girl was adorable, she made me think of …lodie Bouchez in The Dreamlife of Angels, a quirky-looking gamine who is sweet, cute, and optimistic about love. Her character was a break from the self-absorbed, snobby women who were prevalent in the film.

It was a nice escapist movie to watch, but by no means memorable.
kari
I didn't really enjoy Children of Men, but I know everyone else really did. Maybe I should re-watch.

This weekend Mr K and I saw Cold Souls...Paul Giamatti, David Straitham(sp?). It was a bit odd, but I enjoyed it.

Also yesterday I rewatched about half of Little Children. I liked that movie a lot. I think it's easy to empathize with Kate Winslet's character.
epinephrine
Watched District 9 last night and loved it. It wasn't at all what I was expecting; the trailers made it look like a hostile alien invasion/epidemic movie where cities are destroyed and millions of people die, which is cool with me, 'cause I like that kinda stuff, but I was really pleasantly surprised. It was really unique and intelligent and fun to watch. Thumbs up!

I'm finally going to see Up! It's playing in the second-run theatre this week and I'm making it a priority. I also really want to see 500 Days of Summer. I don't know much about it besides the fact that it's getting great reviews and no publicity.
angie_21
Inglourious Basterds. Awesome. Is there a tarantino thread?
crazyoldcatlady
you know, everyone says IB wasn't tarantino's best, and it was imperfect, but i was still wholly entertained, which is more than i can say for most commercial movies.

have any of you in here talked about precious? i'm too lazy to hit the "next page" button.
candycane_girl
Can anyone suggest some movies that have a feminist slant or have a pro-choice message? So far the only ones I can think of are Citizen Ruth and If These Walls Could Talk. I appreciate any suggestions!
crazyoldcatlady
girlfight
itty bitty titty committee
bound (is actually a really smart crime film)
high art

these are just the ones off the top of my head (mostly feminist slant). obviously there's very few pro-choice movies that are favorable.

eta:
transamerica
raisingirl
I so rarely post in here (while I really like some of the oldtimey classics, I am more likely to pick up a book than watch a movie), but I am totally obsessing over seeing Jane Campion's new one, Bright Star (about John Keats and his love). Waiting for the weekend to hurry up and get here so I can see it!

I also want to see Precious, but I will likely go by myself so I can cry my eyes out.
candycane_girl
Thanks, cocl! I'm trying to get together some films for movie nights for my new job at my school's women's centre. Transamerica could be really good because we bill ourselves as a place for all self-identified women, including trans women.
crazyoldcatlady
oh, cc_g, i also wanted to add: cider house rules (ftw!)
girltrouble
just saw teeth. while i like the incorporation and rejection o f the cinderella myth, my problem is with the film's tone and direction. comic horror movies work best when they treat all parts of the film as comedy, teeth tries to treat the horror scenes as comedy, everything else like a serious after school special, which ruins the pace. it's a shame. had they played it straight, it's premise was strong enough that it would have made a brilliant black comedy, instead, it is little more that a triffle that never really delivers on it's promise.

raisin, i really liked bright star. it was good to see a campion movie. i was telling a friend of mine, however, sweetie is still my favorite. it's way more moody than the rest of her film, i wish it wasn't one of the things that she jettisoned when she got bigger budgets.

candy, here is a good list from society of women in philosophy, here is one from someone on amazon.
raisingirl
GT, when did you see it? Right now I think it's in limited release (?)... damn, you are fast! I can't wait, I can't wait... three more days!
dolor
CCG,

Vera Drake would qualify-- and a good movie, too.
girltrouble
i saw it more than 2 weeks ago. it was a screening that i kind of lucked into. believe me, i had no clue what movie it was, but i was giddy as a kid hopped up on all their Halloween candy when campion's name came up. i heard than tarentino saw it, and while he said it's usually not his thing, it really made him want to read the poetry. i like poetry, and it made me come back and google binge on those letters for a good week.

saw zombieland-- loved it. it's charming, fun, funny. it doesn't really move the zombie sub-genre forward, but it doesn't need to. it just places it in the context of a coming of age story (i usually loathe COA stories), and does what it needs to do with a funny film referencing script. woody harolson is hilarious, and the other people are good too. but if you want to see it, avoid the commericals, the website and reviews. they give away too much.

i've decided that i love almost any movie with an in movie gui of some sort. if you want to know what i mean, think of the movie stranger than fiction-- which i ADORED. the thing that made me sad about that movie was that, if you look at some of the special features, you realize the director took out a lot of the gui as the film went on, inspite of the design company doing the work. it's a shame. yes, i know, it all needs to be in service of the story, but i think greenaway showed us that in the internet age we are more than ready for a more complex visual system in film. STF's gui was a great comedic effect too. it made the movie much more intimate, and novel like for me.
anna k
Jennifer's Body was a fun horror comedy, in the vein of Ginger Snaps and Heathers. It's got an interesting theme of female friendship and how friends can stay together even when the friendship is past its expiration date, and I found that more interesting than the demon parts. Sometimes I wanted the film to get deeper, go beyond its shallow exterior, but I still really liked it all the same. Amanda Seyfried is slowly growing as a better actress, and Adam Brody got to play against type as a sexist asshole. Megan Fox was good as well, getting the emptiness of Jennifer as a sexy hot girl with little inside, and being jealous of her best friend's humanity.

Chocolate was a Thai film that came out last year, and it was really interesting to watch. Kind of similar to Bangkok Dangerous, in that a disabled person has remarkable fighting skills against a gang of thugs. In this one, the lead is a young autistic girl who memorizes moves from martial arts films, and uses them to retaliate against men who owe her sick mother money. It's both a great tribute to several movie martial arts heroes, and a deep characterization of living with autism, the quiet inner world of someone who develops a passion or talent for something in particular, and it's their saving grace.

Teeth I enjoyed, though I agree that if they played it as more of a horror comedy, it would have worked better. I did enjoy how she began to realize she could control her power, and enjoy her sexuality without fear of accidentally castrating her lovers.
humanist77
anna, i liked Teeth too. A lot of people I know who saw it didn't-I think they were expecting more-like a comedy horror, or something more drawn out, but it was what it was. I thought the acting was very sincere and well detailed.

I just watched Spirited Away again last night, on a huge flat screen HD tv, and completely stoned :D It was FABULOUS. We determined that the movie is a mix between Alice In Wonderland and Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (it's not a horror film, but the main characters face extreme odds and take each challenge courageously). I highly recommend it, especially while stoned and on a big, flat screen HD tv :D The art and animation is breathtaking.
sassygrrl
Has anyone seen Whip It? It looks fun in a cheesy rollar derby sort of way.
anna k
sassygrrl, I liked Whip It. The roller derby scenes are fun and exciting to watch, Drew Barrymore is adorable, Alia Shawkat stole her scenes, and I felt more interested in the lives of the derby girls rather than Ellen Page's character, who was kind of dull. There's something very Riot Grrl about it that made me feel nostalgic.
angie_21
I just saw Strigoi at our International Film Fest. I really really liked it. My friends thought is was weird and slow (it was suppsed to be kind of a horror movie, I guess) but I thought is was just right. You can only have so many slasher-type horror movies before you need something totally different, and the setting and atmosphere of this one really got to me. Not to mention a really neat soundtrack!

Good to hear Zombieland is worth watching. I'm really looking forward to it!
faerietails
*looks around*

hm, i guess i'll put it here. i just wanted to sob on someone's shoulder because my old-man-crush since birth (jeremy irons) signed the polanski petition. sniff. *falls on the nearest bustie*
annabananahannahmontana
wes anderson, terry gilliam, john landis, david lynch all signed too. stick a knife in my heart why don't you.
girltrouble
actually anna, i thought teeth should have been LESS of a horror-comedy. to me, horror works best played straight. like a black comedy. think of american werewolf in london. funny, tongue-firmly-in-cheek, but played straight. ginger snaps was the same way. funny, but played straight. when you try to be quirky it falls flat. part so teeth practically had a sign over the person on screen saying, "LAUGH NOW!"

as for polanski, i certainly think the guy should do his time, but i think that list is more about how much the artistic community feels about him. it's the same as woody allen, who's actions were certainly (although not as bad as polanski) reprehensible. like michael jackson, i think there is an urge on the part of artists to want to over look the sin/demons/crimes, whatever you want to call it, by their artistic peers. in terms of his work, polanski, like it or not, is one of the best, most interesting directors of the late 20th century. i think a lot of those directors, grew up with his films. he taught them a lot. they respect his work. however, like the other people i mentioned, sometimes it's hard to separate the brilliant artist that was a hero, with the tarnished criminal, the flawed, horrible molester. i think a lot of them put themselves in his place instead of his victim.

and not to tear down your idol, faerie, but i have it on good authority, irons is a serious womanizer.
anna k
I felt turned off by women who supported Polanski, as if they forgot what it felt like to be a 13-year old girl, and how you're only a couple of years just out of childhood.

I want to see Zombieland, but I've been going to movies lately, and want to watch some DVDs that I rented this weekend. I can see it next week.
faerietails
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Oct 2 2009, 03:29 AM) *
and not to tear down your idol, faerie, but i have it on good authority, irons is a serious womanizer.

sniff. that's because he's a sexy beast. (i really need to stop crushing on celebrity womanizers. but the jeremy thing goes way back to like...childhood. i don't really know how it started.)

anna, i was kind of crushed by tilda swinton and kristen scott thomas.

i watched discreet charm of the bourgoisie last night and was not particularly blown away.
jsmith
What's the deal with Polanski? *my ignorance of pop culture recent events is showing*
girltrouble
here is a condensed/expanded version of what i know and wiki:

Roman Polanski is a Polish-French film director, producer, writer, and actor. Polanski began his career in Poland, and later became a celebrated Academy Award-winning director of both art house and commercial films, making such films as Rosemary's Baby Chinatown and The Pianist. [he] is one of the world's best known contemporary film directors and is widely considered one of the greatest directors of his time. He is also known for his turbulent and controversial personal life.

people talking about polanski often talk about the tragidies in his life. here is a brief listing and a bit of color.
his mother and father were sent to a concentration camp, although his mother did not survive. he met sharon tate during his film fearless vampire killers. they lived together before getting married. it was not an idylic marriage, polanski was a notorious playboy and swinger, often being scene at the playboy mansion, swinging parties and even exploring anton levay's silly rather dubious version of satanism. these sort of antics were not particularly unusual in the mid to late 60's for the jet set, singers like sammy davis jr was seen at many of the same parities, even those of levay's. that said, polanski is often quoted as saying it was the happiest period in his life. tate, on the other hand found polanski's infidelity difficult. being much more traditional than he in many ways. their house had a reputation of being very bohemian, people the couple didn't even know would often stay and party there. in 68 polanski made rosemary's baby, a resounding success. they moved into a new house although both were in demand and were home sporadically. that same year, his good friend and collaborator was killed in a skiing accident. still later in that same year, tate, two weeks from giving birth, tate was brutally killed by members of 'the family' charles manson's cult. manson's followers broke into a house, and killed everyone inside. sharon tate, was stabbed 16 times, and was found with a rope tied around her neck and that of her friend. a friend said afterwards, "This could destroy Roman. Marriage vows mean nothing to him but few men have adored a woman as much as he adored Sharon." even after her death, polanski courted controversy. life magazine did a photo shoot with polanski in the same room where his wife was murdered, her blood stains still visible on the floor. his excuse was that he would do anything to find out who killed her. until 'the family' was arrested he became something of a paranoid recluse.

because the case of his arrest is so controversial, i'll simply repost a condensed version of wiki, but it is quite clearly rape, and i think it deserves of accuracy:
According to Geimer, Polanski asked Geimer's mother if he could photograph the girl for the French edition of Vogue, which Polanski had been invited to guest-edit. Her mother allowed a private photo shoot. According to Geimer in a 2003 interview, "Everything was going fine; then he asked me to change, well, in front of him." She added, "It didn't feel right, and I didn't want to go back to the second shoot."

Geimer later agreed to a second session at the home of actor Jack Nicholson. "We did photos with me drinking champagne," Geimer says. "Toward the end it got a little scary, and I realized he had other intentions and I knew I was not where I should be. I just didn't quite know how to get myself out of there." She recalled in a 2003 interview that she began to feel uncomfortable after he asked her to lie down on a bed, and how she attempted to resist. "I said, 'No, no. I don't want to go in there. No, I don't want to do this. No!', and then I didn't know what else to do," she stated, adding: "We were alone and I didnít know what else would happen if I made a scene. So I was just scared, and after giving some resistance, I figured well, I guess Iíll get to come home after this".

Geimer testified that Polanski gave her a combination of champagne and quaaludes, a sedative drug, and "despite her protests, he performed oral sex, intercourse and sodomy on her", each time after being told 'no' and being asked to stop.

Polanski was initially charged with rape by use of drugs, perversion, sodomy, lewd and lascivious act upon a child under 14, and furnishing a controlled substance (methaqualone) to a minor. These charges were dismissed under the terms of his plea bargain, and he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of engaging in unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor.

the following is controversial, because the documentary mentioned is most definitely a slanted, pro-polanski film. i'm not saying it's wrong, but i don't know for sure if it's right either. the judge in question passed away before W&D .

Under the terms of the plea agreement, according to the documentary Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, the court ordered Polanski to report to a state prison for a 90-day psychiatric evaluation, but granted a stay of ninety days to allow him to complete his current project. Under the terms set by the court, he was permitted to travel abroad. Polanski returned to California and reported to Chino State Prison for the evaluation period, and was released after 42 days. All parties expected Polanski to get only probation at the subsequent sentencing hearing, but after an alleged conversation with LA Deputy District Attorney David Wells, the judge "suggested to Polanski's attorneys that he would send the director to prison and order him deported". In response to the threat of imprisonment, Polanski fled the United States.

In a 2003 interview, Samantha Geimer said, "Straight up, what he did to me was wrong. But I wish he would return to America so the whole ordeal can be put to rest for both of us." Furthermore, "I'm sure if he could go back, he wouldn't do it again. He made a terrible mistake but he's paid for it." In 2008, Geimer stated in an interview that she wishes Polanski would be forgiven, "I think he's sorry, I think he knows it was wrong. I don't think he's a danger to society. I don't think he needs to be locked up forever and no one has ever come out ever ó besides me ó and accused him of anything. It was 30 years ago now. It's an unpleasant memory ... (but) I can live with it."

dolor
I find that too much is made of Geimer's forgiveness. When you've been abused there is a special incentive to forgive as a (very understandable) means to get over one's anger, recrimination, obsession, etc and so "get on with one's life." Close the damned chapter, and move on...

But criminal law doesn't work that way.

I'm not saying that Geimer shouldn't forgive, just that that does not absolve Polanski from a moral /criminal standpoint.

I head a brief clip where he was saying "Well, it wasn't premeditated...." As if that was the essential issue. There was no contrition to be heard. But it was just one brief clip.

Perhaps he needs to raped himself in order to really grasp what it's like, to be overpowered & used that way...?
girltrouble
i agree dolor, it reminds me of the sort of fishing for answers that the media likes to do around race. something like that jackass interrupting the president's speech (who has a clear history of racism), and when some brave soul like carter points it out, the press hunts out every black person they know will say it's not race to soothe the nation's conscience. just like here. it's quite clearly rape, yet the press wants to erase and minimize the actual act by avoiding all talk of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED and the ramifications of the act under the law, in favor of the victim's need/right to move on.
jsmith
Oh my goodness. All I knew about Polanski previously was that his wife was slain by the Manson family. I felt bad for him. But damn, not anymore. What a sick son of a bitch.
girltrouble
in rereading the account of the rape, it suddenly reminds me of some of the conversations about rape in the mad men thread. how so many people only consider it rape if it's got that stereotypical violence, but something without that seems like 'not-rape' to most people. like the scene from last week with pete's rape of the au pair. because there was little struggle shown, the emotional blackmail he uses to coerce her is not viewed as rape, although she was forced. in the same way polanski forced the 13 year old.
dolor
And then someone being raped has to decide whether violent resistence is going to do them any good, or just make things worse, even more brutal & traumatic....
dolor
Just watched Infamous, the worthy flic that had the great misfortune to be the second movie about the story of Truman Capote-In Cold Blood-Perry Smith, coming after "Capote" and Seymour Hoffman's "role of a lifetime" (as he put it). If you found "Capote" intriguing, this one is recommended. It would make a good double bill!

I also listened to some of the commentary by the director (the opening and the closing) and it was quick and intelligent, also recommended.

Speaking of rape, there is a scene in here where Perry begins to rape Capote, in order to demonstrate to him what it means to be overwhelmed and violated and used. But he pulls back. It is a lesson in terror. Perry then forces Capote to look at himself in a mirror, in order to force him to see his own terror.
MadameHooch
I saw Whip It a few days ago! I thought it was adorable and realistic, all the actors played such believable characters. I wish I could be a roller derby girl now, but I'm a bit too much of a wimp. Maybe in my next life smile.gif

PS Eve is such a freakin hottie. Love her!
nickclick
Whip It was so much fun! I'd love to do roller derby if I didn't have such stage fright.......
sassy
Has anyone here seen "Paranormal Activity"? I saw it Saturday night and for the past two nights I have had to sleep with the lights and radio on. I grew up watching horror movies and I don't scare too easily but this movie scared the crap out of me! It was really well done, much better than "Blair Witch", in my opinion, and it was scary because it seems like it could really happen (if you believe in ghosts, etc.)
girltrouble
i saw it, but was bored to tears. my friend dragged me to it because she was super scared. it did nothing for me. but i wonder if you watch those ghost hunter type shows. i hate them, and i think my friend watches them a lot. so that might be the difference.

personally i'm much more scared by trad horror than that kind of pov horror. blair witch bored me too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.