Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reel Life: The Movie Thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
girltrouble
um, hung out with crushgirl, not crushgirl, yes crushgirl tonight. we saw: men who stare at goats, good hair, the fourth kind. [le sigh] how can i not crush out on a girl who doesn't bat an eye at seeing 3, 4 movies in a row?

men who stare was funny, but in expectedly political. it was kind of wishing we had taken a different path with our military, a more peaceful, hippyish one. it was lovely.

good hair was....well, good, but not great, but extremely interesting. i'd wait till video, much as i want to support black films. lots of good stuff in it, particularly the money, history and chemistry involved in black hair styling. the interviews with everyone from raven simone, to al sharpton and ice t are funny and illuminating.

the fourth kind was pretty crappy, but i didn't like paranormal activity, so i'm biased. but the woman who played the "real life" doctor played by mila jovovitch has the craziest face since shelly duvall in the shining. but the person who makes the movie a real turkey is the director, who wrote himself a role in the movie. the "real life" doctor is confessing horrible, terrible things to him, and he reacts as if she is explaining why she prefers her toilet paper roll overhand as opposed to underhand. he is utterly non-plussed by anything she says to the point that it's unintentionally hilarious.

yeah, 7, there are two kirosawas. it's a mistake lots of people make. they have heard of the first one-- akira, (stray dogs, ran, 7 samurai, etc.) but not the second, kiyoshi (pulse, cure, etc.). while i've seen quite a bit of the latter, i've never seen ANY of the former. i know, i know, it's shameful for a movie lover like me not to have seen them, but like a couple of hitchcock films, laurence of arabia, and a few others i am holding off till i can see them on the big screen. after all, you see a film for the first time only once.

dolor:
i could not get past half of crime. but the preview made it look interesting. i loved the 5 obstructions too. but i didn't notice the misogyny in zentropa, but it came across clear as a bell in breaking the waves. i like emily watson, but ugh.

i know what you mean about bright future, and charisma, although it didn't bug me so much in BF. i think you'd like cure. it's more straight forward, and like pulse, it is open ended. watch until the last frame, tho. (the original pulse ending is so much better than the american version. imho. i read an interview with kiyoshi where he talked about the remake. seems they just remade it. took the name, most of the plot, the visual style, and never talked, consulted or paid him.
dolor
Girltrouble, in all her wisdom says:
"you see a film for the first time only once."

This is so true!

(In other situations I've said: "You kiss for the first time only once...")
dolor
Has anyone seen "Innocence" the 2004 French movie: a dream-like surreal depiction of an all girls boarding school?
Any reactions, comments?

I enjoyed it, and am now looking forward to reading the novel that it's based upon, as soon as the new translation comes out.
anna k
I watched Bird last week, the biopic about Charlie Parker, but found it really boring. And I wanted to like it. I like Forest Whitaker, I like the portrayal of the 1940s jazz scene, and hearing the music. But there was something so tedious and slow about the film, I just tuned out of it halfway and stopped watching. The lighting in the night scenes was terrible. I don't know if it was the quality of the film, but the lighting was too low, making scenes hard to watch. It had good performances and an interesting way of presenting scenes out of chronological order or a person's memory literally playing as a scene behind their head while they reminisce, but I couldn't stay into the film, and felt disappointed.
girltrouble
i haven't dolor, but as usual, you've got me curious...

finally saw grace, anna. comparing it to inside, i find it interesting how both look at pregnancy/motherhood as, well "blood sport" a competition to survive. i'm curious to compare it to chroneberg's the brood, and i guess there is a french horror movie about a woman with a blood thirsty child from the 90's i have to dig up....

also saw calivaire, or, the ordeal, and sheitan, or satan, both owed a LOT to deliverance, (strangers go to the country, and find a town/house of incestuous/mentally infirm communities that hunt them down)... wait...that sounds like frontier(s) too. hmmm.... sorry i digress. calivere, and sheitan were chock full of biblical/christian allusions. neither was bad, per se, just a bit.... dull tension wise, and the best french horror have a great sense of tension and pacing.

next up is angst or, fear, which gaspar noe claims to he heavily influenced by, then two noe films then i think i'll be off horror for a while. it's starting to make me a bit ill.

oh, i also saw the box, which was awful in every single way. ugh. i dunno how that guy made donnie darko, cos since then his movies have been utter crap.
dolor
Yes, I recall Bird being one of the darkest movies I'd ever seen... lamentably oscuro.
And I also like Forest W consistently

"Innocence" is dedicated to the notably non-innocent (shock-meister?) Gaspar Noe!,
which whom the director has worked, apprenticed? (Are they a couple?)
This was her first film.
girltrouble
i think that is his wife. i remember reading that noe was married to a filmmaker... i will add it to my list. smile.gif thanks as always, my dear dolor. wub.gif

tonight i saw mr. fox, which was lovely and sweet-- with very subtle film references, my fave was the citizen cane tantrum scene.

i also saw the road, which was dark and bleak. i will say one thing i found annoying about the road was the restoration of the(white heterosexual) nuclear family-- even with one of my favorite actresses, molly parker-- at the end of the movie. it's a tired old trope, and in this case a bit absurd. a couple with one kid, i'll buy, but 2 kids and the family fucking dog? really? after we've been told no animals survived, and cannibalism is the norm? why did spot not end up on the dinner table? it just rang false, as it usually does. it wasn't as ham handed as the remake of war of the worlds, but i hate a whole movie being realistically dark only to recant in the last 5, 10 minutes. i would have rather that the only bit of hopefulness was the discovery of a beetle. it was subtle enough to say that the world was recovering. having the family come in, was dumb. it just seemed like it was trying too hard to be a happy happy joy joy ending to please some test audience. look, if i'm buying a ticket to a bleak post apocalyptic drama (as opposed to a disaster flick or a thriller), i know what the hell i'm buying. don't punk out on me at the end.

i also saw bad taste, which was a fun bit of splatterhorror from new zealand by peter jackson, the director of king kong and the lord of the rings trilogy.
pants
We went to see Bunny and the Bull on Saturday, not sure if or when this will be out in the States, but it's worth taking a look at if you like The Mighty Boosh, movies by Michel Gondry, and sets made out of newspapers, plastic bottles and books (occasionally clock parts too).

The story of the movie was a little thin and could have easily been made more robust but I think the bulk of the movie's attentions were on the sets and dreamy atmosphere, which isn;t all bad, just sort of disappointing. Still, really neat movie to look at.
kari
Movies....

We saw The Fantastic Mr Fox last week. I loved it, as I expected I would. Really enjoyable. Jason Schwartzman is my fav.

On Saturday we saw An Education. Anna, I agree with your assessment. It was predictable, but it was well done - kept your interest though you knew how it would end. I was a little uncomfy as we saw it with the inlaws. The bedroom scenes made me want to crawl under the seat. Not that they were very graphic, but I think that almost made it worse. Maybe I was such in the mindset of the main charcter, I experienced feelings I would have had at that age whilst watching a scene like that with parents. Ugh.

In any case, I liked the movie. I agree too - Olivia Wilde was the most beautiful schoolmarm I've seen in a while.
rogue
This might not be the thread for this kind of movie, but I'm going to talk about it anyway because I need to rant about it so I apologize in advance for the (potential) derail.

I saw New Moon last night. Good lawd, what a shit fest. Let me preface this by saying that I have read all the books which is why I'm planning on seenig all the films, but I am not a huge crazy Twilight fan. I think the story itself could have been good had the writing not been so atrocious and the characters not so weak/annoying.

Anyway, I honestly thought it would be a step up from Twilight, but I have to say, it really wasn't. If anyone read the Bust article on it that was e-mailed out last week, I definitely agree with the writer - I'm Team No Shirts all the way. That was the best part of the movie, seeing all these buff men running around shirtless. I swear that when Taylor Lautner comes on screen for the first time after he discovers he's a "werewolf" and is all shirtless in the rain....gah. Even I gasped. Beautiful, beautiful...kid. Yeah. That movie might make some women into pedos.

But anyway. Seriously, he was the best part of the whole film! One character! I don't know what I expected, really. I mean, it's Twilight. It's the worst-written series/"novels" I have ever read. But ugh, how Stephenie Meyer has written Bella to be just makes me want to punch her. The girl is the weakest, most simpering character I've ever read! And worse in the movie! And she has two "men" fighting over her! It makes me sick. She's a torturous bitch to poor Jacob and it's so annoying. What girl in their right mind would pick a pasty, annoying, borderline abusive man over a hot, overly muscular, gorgeous one who loves her? SERIOUSLY?! Stuff it, Stephenie Meyer. It kind of disgusts me that she got a huge book deal out of this. As an aspiring novelist who currently has two books on the go...yeah. It kind of gives me some twisted hope that even if what I write is utter bollocks I could get a book deal out of it regardless. And that in itself is pathetic!

Okay, I'm going to stop complaining now. I'm getting way too overworked about fiction for crying out loud. But still. Team No Shirts. And that is all.
jsmith
New Moon, as told by Lolcats
Hilarious!
rogue
I posted that to my Facebook yesterday, jsmith! My boss and I almost pissed ourselves laughing at it, and I felt very sad for a girl in my office who just didn't get it. LOL Cats are the best!
jsmith
I love lolcats! I have more lolcat pictures on my computer than I want to count laugh.gif
dolor
Cara Cinacita, and all-y'all,

Just watched The Headless Woman... and just sent this off to Netflix:

I loved "The Holy Girl"!-- one of my greatest finds of the recent past. And if you appreciate that one, then you'll enjoy La Cienaga. (Also, on the latter DVD you have Martel's early "Rey Muertos" which is notable, compared to her three feature films, for its non-realism. It is a wild, distorted, over-the-top protrayal of the pathology of Argentine machismo. Another thumb up.) That said, "The Headless Woman" is a major disappointment. It is far more modest that the Holy Girl, does not offer us a comparable complexity and intensity. The holy girl, both the movie & the girl, are charged with religious-erotic holiness, while this movie is, by contrast, washed out. Just as Vero goes from being bold & blonde (the opening scene) to assuming her original hair color...
SPOILER!: The body she hits, which the camera shows us receding in the road, looks (to me) very much like a dog, not a tall boy-- tall enough to reach those flower pots. Hence the death of this boy is an coincidence, not a matter of direct responsibility. Hence the force that presses upon Vero, and the two men that move in to protect her, is guilt. She is sure that she killed someone (despite going back and seeing the dead dog) because she senses that her life is built up upon violence. (Martel explains class relations as violence in the accompanying interview.) This is a worthy topic, for sure, but the Headless Woman does not put it over with the power of the HG. It does offer us more of Martel's extraordinary skill, and is well worth watching for that.
(Note that Vero does pro bono dental work with poor children during the "week of smiles." She is not an ogre, but a well-meaning, if blinkered, middle class Argentina.)

You (dear T-Gal) asked if I had a link to a film blog. Nope. If you wish to read more of my natterings, you'll find a dozen more reviews at Netflix. Just look for this one, when it's posted, and you'll get to my other ones. But these are not movies that are super important to me. Well some are, but typically what provokes me to pipe up is when I find that some worthy point is not being made. (As with this I one, I presume.) So many of those "reviews" are just useless redundancies.

It's so cold here... that the window at my desk here is completed frosted! I can't see into my back yard...

-- yr dolor
girltrouble
i dunno, dolor, i think there is something missed seeing headless woman on the small screen. i cannot think of a movie since greenaway's drowning by numbers that demanded being seen in a theater. martel hides clues to this mystery in the corners of the screen, appearing and disappearing in continuity 'errors', in shadows and details in the scenery and with it, our understanding, or lack there of, grows. the reality of the film stretches, and changes. while the body in the background does look like a dog, for instance, there is, on the big screen, a child's hand print that is quite clear in one shot after the accident, that same print, evaporates a few shots later. it is something that repeats itself in the movie. ideas of what happened, concepts of memory, and how susceptible they are to time, and influence are the point. there is no perfectly clear answer, it is an open ended film in the mold of blow up, and absolutely intriguing.

i'm not really posting here much anymore. you missed a lot of the drama here. suffice to say, the powers that be did somethings that kind of broke my heart. i was hoping you had a blog, because you are one of the people whose taste in film i admire most, and well, you know i adore you, dearest dolor, and i was hoping for another venue for us to talk film. sad.gif
dolor
Cara GirlTrouble,

Thanks for reminding me about those prints... In the interview Martel says that they are hers.

As for the screen size, since I live in the country, it's pretty much small screen or nuttin'. I did splurge and go for a 42' wide screen affair last year... and there's no going back.

As for your departure and lower profile, this soooooooooooooooooo lamentable, my baby duck! "Say it isn't so!"
You are /were such a warm and wonderful presence here.... here in movieland and all over the lounge.

I ADMIRE you,

yr D-Gal
dolor
PS I really don't know what to make of Greenaway. Prosperos Books is so jaw-droppingly Gorgeous... WOW + WOW, while The Belly of An Architect (which I watched with my architect friend, who brought his own belly along) and the Draughtman's Contract seemed so empty.
girltrouble
lol.

well there goes my theory about the movie. heh. there's the problem with the sort of formalist view of film i prefer. you can either say, ok, well it's just an error, or you can choose to think of the painting as a finished work regardless, and dissect the work as is. [shrugs] i still prefer the later, mistake or not. frankly, i would rather completely ignore what any given director has to say about the film when it comes out. the work is it's own creature, once it has been birthed into a movie theater. what you go on is the history of the directors other films (auteur theory, as you know), and what's on the screen.

lol....now watch me contradict myself:

i think with greenaway you have to really look at his films from the point of view of someone who is obsessed with Renaissance era painting and symbolism. i'm sure you know that he was a painter before he directed, and you can see how much it really informs how he fills the screen in things like his most recent (extremely dry) film, Rembrandt j'acuse! which is a complete symbolic dismantling of one of rembrandt's most famous works, and, which is kind of ironic cos of my earlier para, he goes strictly by what is on the canvas. but he is completely steeped in that period's visual lexicon, and wields it convincingly. but it also points up greenaway's flaw, an obsession with intellectual pursuits to the point that audience involvement suffers.

anyways....

i have so much love and admiration and adoration for you too, dearest, dreamy dolor. wub.gif

you and i have had so much time flirting, being silly and talking about films over the years. who knows perhaps i'll just restrict myself to this thread. i do so love hearing what you think about films if i agree or not. either way, i will always dote on your every dolorious word, as usual.

cgt

dolor
One of the advantages of the small screen experience was that I looked at that receding body three times (since there was so much talk of the ambiguity of the event) and confirmed that it looked exceedingly dog-like. But then, you are right, the handprints do open up the ambiguity of it.

Whatever the truth of the event is,... more important is that it cues her guilt, and (paradoxically) her insight. She is sure that she killed someone (despite going back and seeing the dead dog) because she now grasps that her life is built up upon violence. Correctly! (Martel explains class relations as violence in the accompanying interview.) While Vero may be mistaken, paradoxically, the accident compels her to see the truth. Her concussion makes her head work properly-- if only partially and temporarily. At the end, she returns to headlessness, the blinkered pleasures of middle class socializing: groovy party, groovy music.

As far as the openess of a work, I agree completely with you, yes, this is true for movies, art, etc. The author's interpretation /message is hardly the complete story because... life itself is complex, confusing and open. Sometimes authors (as they will say) don't understand what they are up to. Their work is not closed... even from their own standpoint! They puzzle themselves... A movie (or a poem) can be like a conversation with yourself... where you don't altogether get where your own creation is "coming from."
(Dreams are like this kind of conversation! We generate them... but they can be so... amazingly apart from us. Where do they come from???)
My late uncle (famous gay poet) took great pleasure in how his readers took his poems into meanings /realms that he hadn't conceived of...

Let a thousand flowers bloom!

-- always a pleasure, dear one.

Now I must go... wrap a few presents. I'm off to see my bro & sis today, driving through a beautiful snowscape, to New Hampshire. I'll be enjoying the blinkered pleasures of middle class socializing: groovy party, groovy music. You dig?

I trust you (and all other busty loungers) are having a warm seasonal groooove,

oxo,
dolor

PS BTW, have you noticed the duality of my avatar?
Dolor is the little one. She's next to her "cocky-know-it-all."
girltrouble
well, i agree with you, about the arc and end point of the film. i honestly thought-- and this is why i brought blow up into it-- who or what she killed was kind of beside the point for exactly the reasons you mentioned. if nothing else, it made me love martel-- whom you introduced me to!

the reason i brought drowning by numbers into it is because of greenaway's little game of counting from one at the start of the film to 100 at the end of the film, the numbers are almost all visually presented on the screen, (3 columns for the number 3 etc), but even on the big screen some of them were tiny...

as for your avitar, you told me that secret long long ago when we were first getting acquainted, and i love them both dearly. wub.gif
dolor
Now returning to Innocence:

This is an unusual and accomplished movie.

The movie was originally called "L' Innocence," and then renamed "The School" since there was a competing "Innocence," but has now reverted back to its initial name. However, "L'Ecole" is a more accurate title. It is more about schooling than innocence-- tho innocence is certainly an important part of the situation. The lamentable non-innocent cover image is even more distorting than the title.

In the first place, it is autobiographical, and looks back upon Lucile Hadzihalilovic's own experience in a girl's boarding school. As she notes, this was in a different era, a more innocent time (when children were more ignorant of the pleasures, hazards & pathos of adulthood), and one where there was more strict separation between girls & boys.

More important, this school is an exaggerated and symbolic encapsulation of the process of *schooling* girls towards their eventual role of being women, and so passing into the realm outside the walled school: the realm of men, sexuality, money, and competing with other women. To this end, they are coached in being demure, feminine, pretty. (As Lucile H. is herself, in the accompanying interview.) Some older girls are in later stages of preparation, and in the evening follow the lights to a separate building for more mysterious education. The most important intimation of what awaits them is a performance, dancing for an audience of invisible men, hoping to be selected as the most pretty and graceful. They are then rewarded materially-- if they make the grade. Such is their fate.

In the course of their education, they come into the confusing situation of being prepared for... the forbidden. They grasp that their ultimate goal and reward is to grow up into womanhood, and then go beyond the walls-- but in the meantime, what lies outside is unknown, ominous, forbidden. In this paradoxical & stressful situation of anticipation + prohibition, one bold girl climbs over the wall, and descends into the uncharted hazardous world of masculine aggression and possession, where hunters can be heard, off in the snowy woods. She strikes off on her lonely path!

While Hadzihalilovic realizes that her own experience is now dated, she is pleased to report that she when she showed the movie to girls of the same age as those in the movie, they all "got it." They knew what this film was about. Even if many others do not.

kari
Went to see Sherlock Holmes this weekend, really enjoyed it! Robert Downey Jr did a great Holmes & I always love Rachel McAdams. Anyone else seen it?
angie_21
saw the imaginarium of dr. parnassus yesterday. I am floored that a movie with Tom Waits, Heath Leger, and such tasteful and surreal CGI could still be so very disappointing. It's pretty much what the reviews say, that actors were good but the plot just didn't grab you. And the complete lack of use of the only female character as anything but a plot device kind of stuck in my craw. But is was fun and the visuals were amazing!
ketto
Angie, I saw it last week and I agree. I did enjoy it but it felt...unfinished. The end felt too messy and then suddenly too clean. I wondered if the ending had changed at all after Heath Ledger died. I don't want to put any spoilers but I felt like the end would have been different had he been alive to film it.
faerietails
i watched "good dick" last night, and i kind of adored it. it's a very strange indie romcom, if you could call it that. basically, this guy just tries to woo a girl who stays shut in her apartment all the time; she only goes out to rent more soft-core porn from the video store where the guy works. the lead actress was also the director! i want to see more from her.
missladyj
I just saw the HBO film Temple Grandin. Claire Daines was amazing. Its the best thing she's done since my so called life.
anna k
I was interested in Good Dick when it came out, but didn't see it. It looked funny and odd and unusual, like shy Asperger's-type people having a little romance.
LuLu*Gazoo
I was so exited to see at last Alice and wonderland... sad.gif I was disapointed, ok it was good but not what I expected and the 3D wasent that amazing , but the trailer of Tron was like "wow"
sukouyant
I've been seeing movies lately with the Bechdel Test in mind. Anyone heard of it? There are three questions for a movie to "pass":

1. It has to have at least two women in it
2. Who talk to each other
3. About something besides a man

you can read about it here:
http://bechdeltest.com/

I've been trying to avoid the 3-D Alice in Wonderland to the point where I just ended up seeing it on DVD. I liked it a lot. Not sure why it's being panned. It is definitely not the crummiest Alice out there and surpasses a lot of them when it comes to altering the story in unexpected ways. I wish it had been longer and gone even deeper into the world they created.

Just saw Please Give which stars Catherine Keener (yay) and she justified my love, once again.
sukouyant
I'm bumping this in the hopes that people will start posting here again *stares prolong-edly at girltrouble like a creepy person on the train*

The last two movies I saw onscreen were Splice and (of course) Inception (3x).

And I really hope Splice gets some wider release. It was billed as a horror movie, but it was more along the lines of a thriller, or even (and I hope I can say this without tarring it with any hint of twee, which this movie is definitely not) fantasy. I only got to see it once so I'm hoping for a DVD soon or 2nd release.

Inception....I found it moving the first time I saw it. But then I kept going back, almost compulsively, like returning to the scene of a crime or traumatic accident. I actually could watch it again if I could fast forward through the snowy part.
sybarite
I loved Inception; philosophically engaging, great premise, cool cast... and yes, very moving. I was in tears when they finally 'took the train' and at the end, when the kids turned around. (...assuming that was real life... blink.gif )

Splice looks really interesting, although it's been a while since I've seen any kind of horror on the big screen. I'm getting soft!
Persiflager
I recently saw 'Harold & Maude' on a random trip to a local cinema, and wow! I can't remember the last time I saw such a good film, or was so engaged.
sukouyant
QUOTE(sybarite @ Aug 10 2010, 02:27 PM) *
I loved Inception; philosophically engaging, great premise, cool cast... and yes, very moving. I was in tears when they finally 'took the train' and at the end, when the kids turned around. (...assuming that was real life... blink.gif )

Splice looks really interesting, although it's been a while since I've seen any kind of horror on the big screen. I'm getting soft!

Splice wasn't really scary or even particularly gory...but it was pretty gripping and suspenseful. I definitely wanted to know what was going to happen next.

There were little things that nagged be about Inception that made me go back to figure things out.Like why would LD's traumatic projections come through in the dreams, but no-one else's? There's no way that only 1 out of 6-7 people would have had something traumatic troubling their subconscious. But I thought this was a pretty compelling theory about what was going on in that movie
* Spoilerific * http://halphillips.tumblr.com/post/822919795/inception

For some reason I still haven't seen Harold & Maude Persiflager
imike24
ok

[SIZE=1][FONT=arial]__________________
"traction devices patches enhancement pills female libido
pills volume pills antiaging HGHs pe guide devices weightloss webhosting"
pepper
Did y'all hear that Sacha Baron Cohen is to play Freddie Mercury in the upcoming 2011 movie about Queen? I could have cried when I heard this sad, sad news. If he pulls it off I'll be amazed. Guess I should just hope for the best. I just really don't want to have to see that guy's ass again...
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2010/09/...ie-mercury.html
sukouyant
Oh I heard about that on the radio the other day. I was sad too - he seems to have the looks and energy/chutzpah for the role...but couldn't they have found someone else? Maybe he'll surprise us. I know I'll still have to see the movie anyway, eventually.

In other news, was anyone else pleasantly surprised by Shamalyan's Devil?
pants
I think Sascha Baron Cohen may be good as Freddie, the look isn't far off and his dedication to character is immense. I'm going with catious optimism about this decision
sukouyant
Yeah there is the character dedication, but so far his characters have all been extremely one-note innit? Damn, maybe I won't see it after all, I don't want to see Cohen every time I listen to their albums. sad.gif
koffeewitch
So... I'm kinda one of those Criterion/Sundance/film festival goers, but I definitely don't think I'm a movie snob.
Life is short; I just like watching GOOD movies. And I kept hearing all over the fucking place (but not from any actual real people) that the new Star Trek movie is hotter than shit in a microwave. So I got it from the library...and it was one of the most godawful, pedantic, mindless wastse of my time that I've seen in a long time. I'm even a Treknerd for god's sake, but I hated it, hated it, hated it. They even used the old "guy-trips-and-falls-and-accidently-grabs-woman's-boobs" routines. I was actually embarassed for them; the cast, the director, poor Gene Rodenberry.

SO unless you inhabit the body of a very immature 12 year old boy, you might want to skip this one.

(P.S. Persi: Glad you got to see Harold and Maude. Have you seen "My Dinner With Andre"?
postiemuse2
I saw The Social Network in a preview last week and was really impressed by it. I loved the 'greek tragic' overtones and the humor.
Persiflager
Ooh no, koffewitch, is it good?
genghis cunt
We are neflix subscribers, and last weekend we watched Blind Chance. I wanted my boyfriend to see communist Poland, as my dad's family is Polish and it's a part of our jokes, etc. Great movie, despite the boring sex.

I rarely go to the movies anymore, but a 20-minute drive to another part of town has a small one-screen theater that shows indies, classics, etc. Last Saturday we saw Psycho. Tonight they are playing the remastered Metropolis, but I am too tired.
koffeewitch
Jendobrei Ghengis cunt (sorry about the spelling, I speak pa-russkie nyet polska...but my beloved roomate of many years was Polish).

I watched The Stoning of Soraya M. this week...based upon a true story with a photo of the real Soraya...an emotionally gripping, heart wrenching, rage inducing piece...I think this is a must-see for women everywhere.

Persi, yes, I think you'd like Dinner with Andre...the whole thing is shot in a restaurant, its a riveting conversation between two men that covers life, death, freedom, love, the universe and everything in between.
genghis cunt
Thanks, k! I have no idea either, my dad was a foster kid and never learned a lot of Polish. I speak French, randomly enough.
jguo713
ok

------------------------
stop pre ejaculation
soniaverma
This is suck a good website wonderful
pronto
QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Oct 29 2010, 02:54 PM) *
Jendobrei Ghengis cunt (sorry about the spelling, I speak pa-russkie nyet polska...but my beloved roomate of many years was Polish).

he sucks big time
mopamopa
Media whores? what about these young teens girls going wild naked in front of their webcam www.undergx.com ? Is is the actual teens world? Can it do some positive or negative effects?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.