Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reel Life: The Movie Thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
karianne
Mando, I didn't used to be a Catherine Keener fan. She won me over somehow.

I realllly want to see Volver , but it is still not in my city.

I thought The Family Stone bit. SJP really annoyed the hell out of me.

I love Brokeback , I just rewatched it on HBO & sobbed my eyes out.
WasabiNinja
Volver was top-notch! I dream that one day I can be a woman in an Almodovar movie. Then I could die the next day feeling like my life was an all access mess.

Really want to see Pan's Labyrinth, I've been told by several trustworthy individuals that it is superb.

I loved Catherine Keener in Full Frontal , where she plays the Human Resources boss. I want to have her baby too!
greenbean
Nooo! Catherine Keener is mine! All mine!! I still think of Walking and Talking everytime my cat makes a certain face, cuz it reminds me of the scene when Catherine Keener's character is on the date with the video store guy and hes like "your cat looks recked" and she's all "lay off shes going through chemo!"

Saw Brick again this week, I think I like it better than the first time I saw it.
I've seen Little Miss Sunshine three times now, still love it.
I rented Personal Velocity recently. I read the book a long time ago and naturally, the book had a lot more going on in it. Fairuza Balk was really good, and the kid was played by Lou Pucci (Thumbsucker) and he was too darn cute,...and in one scene he sucks his thumb,...weird coinscience?

ETA: Sorry, the bold function didnt work for me.
mandolyn
*wiping the rotten tomato off my ass* girltrouble, you're one of the few i'd take this kind of abuse from. you're lucky i adore you too! you can make it up to me by starting the rescue me thread in june.

*lol @ sixelacat* you know i'm really good at secret handshakes, don't you?

i'm really in the mood for a comedy tonite, but we rented au revoir, les enfants because the kid needs to work on his french more. someone tell me it won't depress the crap outta me?

and speaking of depressing, i've been watching snippets here and there of Tsunami: The Aftermath on HBO. heartwrenching, but riveting. (and i've only just now realized it's a miniseries. so i guess this belongs in the tv thread.) i'm entranced with Chiwetel Ejiofor.
girltrouble
you say rescue me anything and i am there. it really is my favorite show.... y'know mandy, you look awful cute with rotten tomato on your ass..*half heartedly lobs another*
tommynomad
girltrouble, we need to go to the movies together: no one else has ever loved "3-iron" the way i did!

"Oldboy" is, of course, fantastic. I still have to see the other two.

South Korea's been so good for movies lately: "the King and the Clown" is homoerotic hoTTTTT, and "The Big Swindle" reminded me of Bogart movies. The Korean remake of Dangerous Liaisons ("Scandal") is easily the 2nd best of the 4 versions of that tale.

Today we watched "Hanbando," which is speculative fiction about Korean reunification and what would happen in Japan got their military panties in a bunch over it. Great performances throughout.

Tomorrow (we're snowed in) 2 Bill Murray classics: "Broken Flowers" and "The Man Who Knew Too Little."
kittenb
HAs anyone else seen Children of Man? Holy god that movie fried my brain it is so good!
girltrouble
kitten--- i am dying to see that movie! i love a good dystopia...!

not korean movie, but you should see it anyways:
kamakazi girls
-- if you like "hyper fantasy" movies like amelie, delicatessen, city of lost children, ma vie en rose, leolo, love me if you dare or toto le hero, you'll love this. so fun, funny and sweet, and the dvd has a great "cabbage" feature that lets you take little side tracks into japanese culture. if you know what a 'egl-elegant gothic lolita' is, or the phrase "baby, the stars shine bright." means something to you, or even if it doesn't, see this movie. it's a ball.
imdb: kamikazi girls

yeah, i guess korean films are kinda the trendy new films, like iran was a few years ago.
8 korean films are going to the berlin film festival this year.

i've seen 3-iron 4 times, and i rarely see a movie more than once anymore. 3-iron is great.

the thing i love about scandal is the production design. it really is spectacular, and puts the other dangerous liasons to shame. the costumes, the sets, --even the food-- is beautifly meticulous. it seems like a small film even though it's really not.

some other great korean movies:

JSA (joint security area)--- a fantastic political/military/mystery. a great, great, great movie. even if you don't like this genre see it. it made me cry.
imdb: jsa

barking dogs never bite --- by the director of memories of murder, and one of my all time favorites, a comedy/ghost story/lovestory. i almost peed. that director's new movie the host -- a ghost story-- is supposed to be a masterpiece.
imdb: barking dogs never bite

save the green planet -- i love, love love this movie. it starts out as a cute, loopy comedy, and slowly becomes more paranoid and claustrophobic, and then shocking.
imdb: save the green planet

more later....
bunnyb
I watched Sweet Home Alabama tonight and it is a sweet film and it has McDreamy in it! I melted at the scene where he proposes in Tiffany's.

kittenb, I've been wanting to see Children of Men so put it to the top of my rental list for when it's released next week.
kittenb
bunnyb - Children of Men is coming to DVD next week? How? It just came out as a movie on Christmas.
I just cannot stop obsessing about this movie! I don't know that I ever want to see it again, but it was so damn good. Right up there with The Queen on my personal "Best of 2006" list.
bunnyb
It was out here a couple of months beforehand!
kittenb
Well, that's an American (meaning me) for you. So behind the times, yet thinks she's living in the center of the universe. I really had not even heard of this movie until Netflix asked if I wanted to Save it for when it was released on DVD. It was confusing to see that it had not been released as a movie yet, at the time.
roseviolet
GirlTrouble, I have a feeling your presence around here will greatly influence the Netflix queues of many a Bustie! smile.gif

BunnyB, did you watch Sweet Home Alabama on DVD? If so, let me offer you a word of warning before you watch the extras: the alternate ending is fucked.up. Truly wrong.

Am I the only one who wants to see Miss Potter? I think it's getting mixed reviews, but I want to see it anyway. If nothing else, it's got Ewan McGreggor & the Lake District. That's enough eye candy to keep me happy. wink.gif
greenbean
I wanna see Miss Potter!!! I don't care much for Renee Zellweger but I was obsessed with Beatrix Potter as a kid,..especially her book "Tom Kitten". She and Maurice Sendak are the reason I decided I wanted to be an illustrator at a very young age....hey I hope they do a Maurice Sendak movie next, he had a strange childhood I think..
girltrouble
thanks rosie! you are so sweet!

speaking of my movies, i have to recommend a couple of things-- if you like foreign movies, netflix doesnt always carry all of the movies i recommend. (they do a good job though.) you can try niche flix, which carries movies that aren't always american region (region 3 i think) most dvd machines are made to sell in multiple regions, so with a little googling you can hack your machine so it will play region zero, which will let you play all regions, and movies like barking dogs, that haven't been released in the usa yet. it's super easy, and you don't have to crack open your machine or anything, just enter a code, like cheating in a video game.

i'd also like to start a 'movie chain thread' tell me what you think of this, one person suggests a movie, everybody rents it, and talks about what they like about it, and then person #2 chooses a movie that they feel has something (subject matter, actor, director, country whatever), in common with movie #1. and so on, so we all rent a wide swath of movies and can talk about what we love about it.
ginger_kitty
I am so jealous of everyone who got to see Children of Men! It's definately the next movie I see.

I thought Sweet Home Alabama was really sweet, too. Didn't check out the alternate ending though.

Has anybody seen Loose Change, that 9/11 conspiracy theory documentary? A friend of mine is raving about it. But from what I read, it seems to me done by some nobody's without any expert info. And seems to be full of misinformation and theories instead of fact. I just don't want to waste my time watching it if it's pretty lame.
go_kayte
I'm pretty sure this is not where this goes, but I don't know where else.

I've been asked to organize a view n' brew at a local bar. They have a projector and dvd player and all I need to do is pick movies, promote the events, and sit back and enjoy.

So I was thinking of focusing on cult, underground & indie movies and I want to compile a list & get suggestions. The clientele is mostly punk rock and arty people.

Also I'm unaware of legal issues that might surround this. I think the max number of people that would go would be around 50. Could I or the bar possibly get in trouble for this?

Thanks Busties smile.gif
girltrouble
i think showing/legal issues come into play when you charge.

my number one cult pick would be battle royale.

imdb: battle royale
it's being remade, but it is great. premise: in the future there are too many kids, so there is a lottery. one highschool class is taken to an island and must battle to the death. only one kid can survive. think heathers meets....well i don't know what it meets, but it is a fun movie.
ImDancingBarefoot
I'm exploring all sorts of new threads tonight.

New Year's weekend I saw Curse of the Golden Flower which I loved, it is just so damn pretty. Definitely worth seeing if you enjoyed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Hero.

I also saw Pan's Labyrinth which I didn't like as much. I don't know if it's that I was expecting something different or had heard too much praise for it but . . . it didn't really live up to my expectations. I mean, I enjoyed it enough, I don't feel like I wasted 2 hours of my life or anything, but I don't think I'd see it again.

However, the friend I saw the movies with loved Pan's Labyrinth and was just kinda "Eh" with Curse of the Golden Flower.

Kayte, if you're doing cult movies I think you should definitely throw in Snakes on a Plane. It's The Rocky Horror Picture Show of our time! I will also second the suggestion of Battle Royale, I didn't know it was being remade but I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

Did anyone here see Happy Feet? I loved it. Adorable penguins! Singing and dancing! Overload of cute!
anna k
BunnyB, did you watch Sweet Home Alabama on DVD? If so, let me offer you a word of warning before you watch the extras: the alternate ending is fucked.up. Truly wrong.

I saw Josh Lucas on an AMC movie show talk about it, how much it made the main characters unlikeable and cruel, and the audience immediately hated them.
bunnyb
damn, Sweet Home Alabama was on TV but now I want to watch the alterna-ending! Can someone posts what happed in white please?

go_kayte, what genre or era or loosely connected category were you thinking of? cult, underground and indie movies have become so much more popular and consequently there are more of them. Off the top of my head: Brick, Elephant, Little Miss Sunshine, City of God, Y Tu Mama Tambien (are you looking for foreign arthouse?)

ImDancingBarefoot, I was disappointed in Happy Feet although Baby Mumble was adorable!
femmespeak
I still want to see Happy Feet. And speaking of happy, I also want to see Pursuit of Happyness.

A favorite subtitled of mine is Como agua para chocolate. Fell in love with it after a spanish teacher showed it in class.

Also, speaking of chocolate, I loved Chocolat. I read the book first and adored it, and was wary of watching the movie. But you know my man Johnny Depp is in it and I can't ever say no to him. And I was surprised at what an amazing job they did. I can't say much about it, so I don't spoil it, but the changes they did make, even the big one, were acceptable to me even though I'm one of those "never read a book then see the movie" people.
nickclick
between johnny, juliette binoche, and all that chocolate, chocolat is quite delish!

femmspeak, i feel the same about what's eating gilbert grape, although the movie didn't cover all of the book, and even left out some of my favorite parts, it's still a great film and does the book justice. oh yeah, and johnny!
kittenb
Has anyone seen Alexandra's Project? I watched it last night and am feeling very conflicted about it. I decided to review it on my blog, http://theredhead.journalspace.com (sorry, I can't seem to get this link function to work at the moment). If anyone has seen it, I would love to hear some other, feminist, perspectives.
bunnyb
femmespeak, have you read the book Like Water for Chocolate (Laura Esquivel)? I haven't seen the film to compare but the book is wonderful.

Also, check out our Johnny Depp thread!
femmespeak
nickclick - I haven't read What's Eating Gilbert Grape - I didn't even know it was a book! I'll have to find it.

Bunnyb - I didn't even know Like Water for Chocolate was a book either!! I did dip into the Johnny thread - who could resist??

Thanks you two, I have a whole new reading list!

I haven't seen Alexandra's Project, but I'll head over to read your review.
karianne
Yesterday I saw Children of Men and was somewhat disappointed. I thought it was going to be better. I feel like it touched on a lot of really interesting topics, but didn't delve far enough into any of them. Also, I feel like it ended a bit abruptly & left lots of unanswered questions.

Next up: probably Little Children
mouse
like water for chocolate is one of those rare cases where the movie is equally as well done as the book (imho)
bunnyb
I really must obtain a copy of it and watch. It is a very rare occasion when such a thing happens ... The Godfather being another (obvious) example.
mandolyn
did anyone see inside man?

i think i've finally fallen in crush with clive owen. and he spent the entire flick behind a scarf & sunglasses.

i did kinda get lost in the plot, though. and jodie foster sucks playing against type. then again, i'm not a fan.

but clive? oh yes indeed! why did it take me so long?
go_kayte
Thanks girltrouble & bunnyb. There wouldn't be a cover, they just wanna bring more people into the bar on a weeknight. I think I kinda narrowed it down to b-movie sci-fi horror and psychedelic movies (something weird videos, roger corman, etc). At least to start with, then maybe I'll get other people to pick movies too. I think I'm gonna start with a roger corman double feature, bucket of blood and little shop of horrors. I think it would be best to have stuff that people don't feel weird talking over or coming in in the middle of.
girltrouble
ok. i'll see if i can think of more, but scifi and psychedellic are genres i haven't seen in a very long time (unless they are asian)
but think about these~
psychedellic:
wild in the streets you can talk over it, but it's loopy enough to get people to watch.
premise: a young genius (makes acid with his science kit as a child) starts a pop band, then runs for president and wins, then changes the voting age to 14, and sends everyone over 30 to concentration camps....it's a musical, and i'll bet you will hear people get in arguments about if richard prior is in the movie (he is, as 'stanley X' the drummer in the band)
imdb: wild in the streets

blaxploitation:
truck turner starring isaac hayes as a bounty hunter who finds a nemesis in pimpstress lt. uhura from star trek. the dialogue is a riot. great 70's costumes too.
imdb: truck turner

bmovie horror:
near dark this movie i love--a vampire western (they travel the country in an RV.) and-- it stars most of the cast of "aliens" (not s.weaver, but almost everyone else.) fun, funny and great for a bar.
imdb: near dark

just weird:
wiseblood john huston pic from a flannery o'connor novel that is a retelling of st. paul's conversion. how weird is it? it stars b-movie/ horror mainstay brad dourif. he's hilarously named hazel motes (for those unfamiliar with the story of st.paul, he was struck blind). if you don't know the story it's just a very strange movie. on second thought, if you DO know the story, it's STILL a very strange movie.
imdb: wiseblood

sheer visual eyecandy:
casshern really. don't even look at the subtitles. just watch. imagine if the people who did skycaptain did a live action scifi anime speedracer movie. like sin city everything is digital but the actors. cassern is visually brillant. can't understand a thing in it, but god it looks beautiful, and i always have to throw in an asian movie....
imdb has some great film stills.
imdb: casshern

night watch finally a great vampire movie. it's not b, but it is a lot of fun. a russian vampire movie with it's own really interesting mythology. you do have to pay a bit of attention, but god i love it, and there is one sequel finished and i think another on the way.
imdb: night watch

dead alive of peter jackson's early movies. wild silly fun.... meet the feebles?
sorry. lol i'll shut up now. i can't help myself with movies....
chachaheels
I loved Inside Man, Mando. Clive Owen was ingenious in that, I really loved how he appeared bad but ultimately was the least of the criminal, he was so completely sympathetic in the end. But I did think Jodie Foster did an excellent job being the icy, powerful, and completely cold-blooded "baddy" in that film. It's like she waited a long, long time to play the right villain, and boy did she choose a good one.

What a great story, but it seems overlooked to me.
chachaheels
KittenB, Alexandra's project sounds brutal, but hardly "feminist"--it's a very, very old tale, retold. It's The Rape of Philomel, basically, which has always been a male view of how a woman would derive revenge (the version I'm thinking of is Ovid's). Though we like to think the idea of marriage as a kind of imprisoning, identity changing institution is new and "feminist", we've actually got mythical stories going back at least 5000 years saying the same thing. The Alexandra project story sounds like a parallel of Procne (the wife) taking her revenge against her husband for the crimes he committed against her and her sister, Philomel.

There aren't any literal parallels, but the figurative and metaphorical ones are there. Sounds like a really interesting movie (and I loved your blog entry on it).
bustygirl
We just saw Meet the Feebles. I thought it was the most horrible movie I'd ever seen. I almost threw up at one point.

If my mom takes the baby for a few hours today, me and hubby are going to go see Children of Man.
girltrouble
O.o

wow. sorry that you met the feebles...sad.gif
kayte was looking for horror/cult films and i think perhaps i should have put more of a warning on that and dead alive. my taste in movies can be a bit extreme, and i forget they are not for everyone. particularlly films i haven't seen in a long time.
kittenb
chacha - thanks! I really had to write that one out.
I am going to look up the Ovid tale. I like tracing a story to it's roots. A few people compared it to Medea.
roseviolet
Dead Alive is definitely disgusting and bloody and awful in lots of ways, but many of my friends love it! We rented it once and my friends laughed through the whole thing. I'm squeemish (sp?), so it wasn't my cup of tea, yet I could see why others might find it amusing. The claymation in it is so cheap that even I couldn't help but laugh a little. And it was kinda fun to watch Peter Jackson's early work. If you're looking for bad, amusing, cult horror, this baby is your answer. But forgive me if I choose never to watch it again. smile.gif
ginger_kitty
I am feeling like a moron, I got pressured into watching that really lame documentary, [/i]Loose Change, that I mentioned earlier. It's edited to manipulate the truth and comments, there is made up eveidence, the narrator contradicts himself in the film, and I found out it was originally supposed to be fiction, then it became a doc., then was edited and released three different times to fix mistakes and phony footage people pointed out. Two hours of my life I will never get back! dry.gif

Rented [i]Colors
, I have never seen it, but heard so much about it.
anna k
I had a DVD double feature of two obscure 1960s teen movies: Wild Guitar and The Beatniks. Both were cheesy but fun to watch.

Wild Guitar is about a young guy from South Dakota named Bud Eagle who wants to be a singer, and figures that he can make it in Hollywood. He sounds like Pat Boone, and is made into a teen idol, but realizes the record deal will leave him broke. His girlfriend go-go dances on a TV show and gets him on the show, which sets his career on fire while nothing happens for her. The boy looks like Beavis of Beavis and Butthead, has a giant pompadour, and barely has two brain cells to rub together until he gets a clue.

The Beatniks is about a street gang who hold up mom-and-pop stores and wreak havoc in diners. None of them are beatniks, though they say "daddio," "hip," and "cool, man." One guy has a pop-crooner voice and is discovered by a record label head, and the other guys get jealous and think he's getting too good for them. The boy falls in love with the record label secretary the second he sees her and his friends trash the hotel room by knocking over vases and leaving stuff strewn around the floor. One gang member named Moony loses his mind and is shooting and stabbing people out of nervousness and fright. Eventually the fuzz takes him downtown.
designermedusa
mando, I think Inside Man is an example of bad editing. Either that or the script was really bad.

I saw Notes on a Scandal, it was a very good film. Cate Blanchett played her part well, but Judi Dench was amazing.
ginger_kitty
Went to see Children of Men, it was terrific!! I think Clive Owen is a great actor, but a few of his past roles have been a little uneventful. This one was much better. I loved the concept and all of the characters. But I didn't want it to end I wanted to know more.....
bustygirl
My husband just got all excited at the mention of The Beatniks. Apparentally MST3K covered it in one of their episodes. Their synopsis of it ran something like this: "If these guys are beatniks, then so is Pat Boone/Gidget/my mom!"

They were wearing windbreakers at one point.
wombat
I don't usually like blood and gore stuff unless it is really over the top like Dead Alive
nickclick
any hopes/predictions for the golden globes tonite? anyone care really? i admit i like this stuff. and the nominees are:

Picture - Drama
Babel
Bobby
The Departed
Little Children
The Queen

Picture - Musical Or Comedy
Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan
The Devil Wears Prada
Dreamgirls
Little Miss Sunshine
Thank You For Smoking

Animated Film
Cars
Happy Feet
Monster House

Actor In A Leading Role - Drama
Leonardo DiCaprio in Blood Diamond
Leonardo DiCaprio in The Departed
Peter O'Toole in Venus
Will Smith in The Pursuit Of Happyness
Forest Whitaker in The Last King Of Scotland

Actor In A Leading Role - Musical Or Comedy
Sacha Baron Cohen in Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan
Johnny Depp in Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Aaron Eckhart in Thank You For Smoking
Chiwetel Ejiofor in Kinky Boots
Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction

Actress In A Leading Role - Drama
Penelope Cruz in Volver
Judi Dench in Notes On A Scandal
Maggie Gyllenhaal in Sherrybaby
Helen Mirren in The Queen
Kate Winslet in Little Children

Actress In A Leading Role - Musical Or Comedy
Annette Bening in Running With Scissors
Toni Collette in Little Miss Sunshine
Beyoncé Knowles in Dreamgirls
Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada
Renée Zellweger in Miss Potter

Actor In A Supporting Role
Ben Affleck in Hollywoodland
Eddie Murphy in Dreamgirls
Jack Nicholson in The Departed
Brad Pitt in Babel
Mark Wahlberg in The Departed

Actress In A Supporting Role
Adriana Barraza in Babel
Cate Blanchett in Notes On A Scandal
Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada
Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls
Rinko Kikuchi in Babel

Director
Clint Eastwood for Flags Of Our Fathers
Clint Eastwood for Letters From Iwo Jima
Stephen Frears for The Queen
Alejandro González Iñárritu for Babel
Martin Scorsese for The Departed
designermedusa
I used to love to watch the Globes, but after awhile you learn all these shows are predictable. I could not believe Half Nelson did not get any nominations, was it too American? I would like Little Children to win Best Drama and Maggie Gyllenhaal to win Best Drama actress for Sherrybaby. I'd like Michael C. Hall to win for Dexter. Other than that, I don't care.
chachaheels
Wish I could say something other than I'm just watching it for the gowns, but...

Meryl Streep should have been nominated for her role in A Prairie Home Companion instead of The Devil Wears Prada, just because PHC was at least a more creative story than your typical, sexist, "women can't have it all" tale. Which doesn't mean that I didn't think she was pretty damn good as the Anna Wintour duplicate, despite the crappiness of the film.

Dreamgirls will probably win best musical or comedy because it's had the most recent hype blitz (and there are just so many dizzyingly colourful costumes in the movie).

And now I just want to have a little impromptu movie awards party with a few friends, a fire in the fireplace, plenty of movie appropriate foods and cocktails and lots of catty, snarky conversation.

I'd like Babel or The Departed to win best picture; Little Miss Sunshine to win for best comedy; Leonard Di Caprio to win for his performance in The Departed; Aaron Eckhard to win for Thank You For Smoking; Penelope Cruz or Maggie Gyllenhaal to win for their respective performances, and Stephen Frears for The Queen. I don't really care about the animated film--just pick one NOT made by Disney, and I'll be fine with whatever that is.
nickclick
yes, making fun of the ridiculous fashion is reason #1. reason #2 is to get pissed that they don't recognize good movies or performances, on which i'm never disappointed (but more so during the oscars).

nonetheless.... i also like the departed and little miss. leo was good in the departed, although i usually can't stand him and his pinchy little face and lack of facial hair. i didn't see the last king but i can certainly assume forest w is great in the role. i love my johnny but i think will ferrell deserves some accolades. maggie g or kate winslet, immediately dismissing judi d of course because she's always good. and toni c although i didn't see running with scissors and i bet annette is pretty cool.
bunnyb
If there's any justice (or taste) then Forest Whitaker will win Best Actor; I saw The Last King of Scotland yesterday and it was amazing. His portrayal of Idi Amin was out of this world, you really felt the psychosis, eccentricism and paranoia of the former infamous Ugandan President. Be warned there are a couple of sickening moments but the film was definitely worth it.
chachaheels
You know, I don't think The Last King of Scotland played at a theatre anywhere near me. I know a couple of theatres in Toronto showed it for a brief run, otherwise, closer to where I live, nothing. And it's not like it isn't an interesting looking film: it's fairly recent history about a subject people would be fascinated with, given what is taking place in other African countries now.

I think Streep made a good point about that--the films with wide distribution are seen by just about everybody (and they're usually not that great, just "okay") and the better films get limited release and run (like someone else mentioned, their movie was playing to rave reviews all over the country, "but only in 800 theatres"). If good domestic films have such limited play at home, how is the Foreign Press supposed to promote them in other countries? How do they become known at all? No wonder the same old shlock keeps being made and remade, with the excuse that this is what we all want to see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.