Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midwestern Mamas!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
kittenb
Of course the invite is still open. I am sending out the Evite as I get emails (hint hint!)
pollystyrene
Oh yeah, forgot that little detail.....
stargazer
I know I may see some of you this weekend at Kittenb's party, but, should we plan on getting together either March or April? It feels like forever since I've seen some of you...at least, collectively.
avaadore
I feel really stupid, I just realized that the 22nd is Sunday. I thought it was Saturday. I just made arrangements for Sunday that I can't break because I've already cancelled twice due to being sick. Grrrr...I was going to make brownies. sad.gif

Well, I hope you ladies all have a glamorific night, and I am definitely up for a March/April meet up!
pollystyrene
Definitely up for a March or April meet-up!

The only things I know I have going on are the weekend of March 7th/8th- the sock monkey festival out in Rockford (anyone is welcome to join me; Star, if you're not interested in going/able to go, could I borrow Frida for a couple of days to bring her with, introduce her to her people? laugh.gif ) Then, the weekend of the 17th in April is my and LeBoy's birthdays....we'd be happy to get together with all of you, I just have no idea what our plans are, so I don't want to decide anything yet.
stargazer
A sock monkey festival? For real? I'll go with you. Good thing I found Frida's other earring. Kitty has was quite taken with Frida's beauty dragging her around the bedroom. I'll make sure she doesn't look like a hot mess. biggrin.gif
prophecy_grrl
I am definitely up for a Chi-town bustie meet up. I'll be out of town the weekend of 3/14 and possibly Easter weekend (4/11). Other than that, I'm open.

Locale suggestion: I've been loving Uncommon Ground (on Devon, natch) lately. We went for v-day and also their Friday night fish fry is awesome. Their brunch is amazing and more reasonably priced than dinner. Lots of veggie options, too.

I'm open to anything, of course!
ululah
I'll be at the sock monkey festival. If anyone is interested in meeting up, let me know - I wouldn't mind getting to know some new people in the area.
pollystyrene
Ululah, we're not sure which day we're going- we're waiting to see the weather predictions and decide by Thursday or so. I'll post again in here once we know and we'll pick a place to meet, if you'll be around. Which day are you going?
pollystyrene
Ululah, we're leaning towards Saturday- we'll probably arrive around 2:00, and be there for a couple of hours. I was thinking we could meet at the Sock Monkey Infirmary Tent (or First Aid tent, whatever they call it) at 3:00 (just in case we get there late)....I'll be the one with the cowgirl sock monkey and stargazer will have her Frida Kahlo sock monkey.

If this works for you, send me a PM so I know!

Also, Chicago Busties, I need your help- I need a last minute birthday present for a friend. I was thinking of getting him a few things, like stuff you'd find in the Archie McPhee catalog- little kitschy, pointless, weirdness. I'd just order it from Archie McPhee, but I need it by tomorrow night. Any suggestions on stores that sell that kind of stuff? One thing I was specifically thinking of was at The Heartland, they sold several products by a company that were like notepads and journals, some were like report cards, but really funny and about things like dating, food, movies, etc. Does anyone know the company that makes those?

ETA: Stargazer found the company for me wub.gif KnockKnock. And I remembered Uncle Fun on Belmont. And such a lovely day to go there! Enjoy this day, ladies- Tom Skilling says it's the best we'll have for a couple of weeks!
ululah
I sent you a PM polly. I can't believe I am excited about sock monkeys, but there's not much else to do in my neck of the woods. Plus this is something I wanted to go to last year (but didn't).
missladyj
anyone going to the Chicago clothing swap on the 29th? I am going to drop off stuff at swim cafe tomorrow. I am so excited about this event . Thanks kittenb for letting me know about it!!
kittenb
Well. of course I will be at the Clothing Swap! I made my drop off earlier this week. 21 items I no longer need. tongue.gif

If anyone is interested, tomorrow The Geek and I (and maybe Stargazer) are meeting up w/Ghosting (aka. Barouque) at the Fireside Restaraunt on Ravenswood. I am planning on a 6:30 PM dinner. I will be hard to find on-line but I will try to check back here by 5 tomorrow to see if anyone is interested or you can call me if you have my cell number.

Thanks!
pollystyrene
Doh! Having dinner at Smoque (where we're probably getting the wedding catered from) tomorrow with the parental units.

stargazer
i took a break from finishing my final chapter when i read that il. was raising its taxes yet again. this time, they might drive up the taxes for cars. um, yeah, the more damage daley and now gov. quinn do with raising the cost of living in chicago/illinois...the more i'm ok with living in nw indiana and commuting to hang out in the windy city.
humanist77
doesn't IL have the highest taxes in the country already?

So..my bestest friend's bridal shower is on 4/5, which I'm absolutely not even allowed to miss-and I just can't take Saturday and Sunday off work. And as much as I'm happy for her and want to show my support and everything, I'm really not looking forward to the party, as it's at a bland, suburban restaurant with a mix of women who shouldn't be in the same room together-so I'll have ya'll know that I would FAR prefer going to the outing on Saturday sad.gif

hmm..this would probably be read more on Facebook..
humanist77
holy fucking christ. That's it, I'm moving to Florida.
kittenb
I'm getting a bottle of self-tanner and joining you.
humanist77
*grabbing my swimsuit*

I had to come into work today. If my clients cancel because of the weather, i'ma be pissed.
pollystyrene
*Sigh*

In like a lion, out like a...lion?

I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
pollystyrene
BUMP!

Just for anyone who's interested who isn't on Facebook, we're getting together on Saturday, June 13th- PM me, turbojenn, stargazer, etc. for details!
Mellietronx
Is there a facebook page to go along with this thread?
pollystyrene
Not so much a facebook page, we just correspond over FB because we get a lot of trolls here that we don't want privy to our plans.

lunia666
Not sure if I should post this here are not but here it goes smile.gif
Am going to Chicago for the first time this Sept. Am going for a work meeting sad.gif but I will have a few extra days. Am sure I can find lots to do but my ? is where should I eat ?
humanist77
you should go wherever us Chicago Busties take you, Lunia-that's where you should eat : ) We're always down with meeting up with out-of-towners! When in September?
stargazer
lunia, you could PM me if you want to meetup and give deets to where you will be staying so i can give suggestions to you.
missladyj
hey ladies,
does anyone happen to know of a cat sitting service in the Chicago or Oak Park area? Are there places where one can board a cat? we are going out of town for a week and am not sure what to do with Miss Boo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.