Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midwestern Mamas!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
tart
Count me in for the ornament exchange, and for regular Heartland meet-ups - it's cheap, close to home, babe-friendly, & they pull a decent Snakebite...
turbojenn
I'm in for all of it - the Hopleaf, Heartland, and ornaments! I go to the Heartland nearly every Sunday anyhow, so adding good company to it is even better. My usuall waiter even knows my general order by heart. Fried bean plate, Woodchuck, mixed berry pie. YUM.

pollystyrene
Yay for regular stuff at the Heartland! Do we want to stick to the third Sunday of the month? We missed the one for September, but the next one would be 10/15- I'll still be in town, so I'll be here. We can work out time and all when it gets closer. Just want to figure out the first date.

ETA: Y'all have to check out the Dia de los Muertos exhibit at the Mexican Fine Arts Center. It runs until December 10th and this year, the theme is the immigration issue. It's always a great exhibit, a fun museum (wonderful gift shop!) If you want to make a day of it, to keep with the theme, may I suggest my favorite Mexican restaurant in the city, Tecalitlan: http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/search/...0,2195095.venue, that isn't too far from the museum.
stargazer
cool pollystyrene! i'll have to check it out.
turbojenn
That looks great pollu, I'll definitely be checking it out! 10/15 is cool by me for the Heartland too...
sidecar
I've never been to the Heartland, believe it or not! I am in for Hopleaf. I like the idea of a regular bustie meetup.
mandolyn
*jealous delurk*
pollystyrene
C'mon Mando, you know you want to fly to Chicago for a weekend, say, oh, the third weekend in the month and hang with us at the hippie-tastic Heartland Cafe!

So, when should we expect you? I'm near the airport, I'll pick you up!
pollystyrene
Wow, this weekend came faster than I thought! So, what's the latest?
stargazer
i'm gonna get there at 5pm to stake our territory. should i make it for 10 people to be safe? i'll probably take the bus up there.

can't wait to see everyone!
turbojenn
I'll be there at 5pm! Is it cool if turboman comes...he does love the hopleaf. If ya'll want it to be birls only, that's cool too - just let me know!
pollystyrene
I have no problem with that- he posts here occasionally, so he's trustworthy smile.gif
turbojenn
Thanks polly! He's a good egg, I promise. And put a good beer in his hand, and he'll be happy. Put some good frites in my hand...and I'll be happy. smile.gif
pollystyrene
If another pair of testicles will make him more comfortable, I don't think I'd have a hard time convincing mine to come with- he's always up for interesting beer and frites! He's posted here through me (helping people with computer issues on the general knowledge thread.)

Marge: He prefers the company of men!
Homer: Who doesn't?!?!?
janeinane
I'll be there about 5, too -- will prob. have my sis and sis-out-law w/ me if that's ok.
sidecar
I'm gonna come by about 5 for at least one round -- Martini's best friend's birthday is this weekend (and his best friend is also one of my best friends) so I'm not sure whether we're going out Saturday or Sunday, and if it is Saturday, we won't do anything until after 7 probably. If anything changes, I'll pop in and let you all know.
kittenb
I will be late, but I should be there. I have to work until 5:30, down at Columbia College but I will try to get there fast.

Ornament exchange, sight?
sidecar
It looks like we're going out on Saturday to Hala Kahiki. I'll stop by for a drink at 5. See you then!
turbojenn
Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! Turbomann may join up with us later, but he won't make it at 5pm, as he is going paintballing, so no need to save a chair for him.

stargazer
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Oct 5 2006, 10:42 AM) *

If another pair of testicles will make him more comfortable, I don't think I'd have a hard time convincing mine to come with- he's always up for interesting beer and frites!

polly-that's hilarious. i love that line. you're funny. i don't have a problem with several pair of testicles being present. the more the merrier.
humanist77
I shall be there as well, as I have this Sunday off. Yay!
turbojenn
we're getting together on Saturday, right? Humanist's note just suddenly made me paranoid..... unsure.gif
pollystyrene
Uh, yeah, Saturday- I'm thinking she means she can booze it up since she doesn't have to work Sunday. I just left her a voicemail, though!
humanist77
No, no I thought it was on Sunday. I do have to work Saturday night, so no boozin' for me : (
pollystyrene
Oooohhh....you must have gotten confused with the monthly gatherings we're planning to have on Sundays at the Heartland, beginning this month, on the 15th. We need to decide on a time for that- I'm thinking 2:00 or 3:00 for a start time. That way it's after the lunch rush and before dinner. Maybe we can talk about it more tomorrow.
turbojenn
....And turbomann is back in for tomorrow....fickle boys. He decided he'd rather just hang out with me tomorrow instead of paintball (meaning: the entry fee for the special game tomorrow is $50, and that's a lot of beers worth of paintball).

So I'll see ya'll then!

Humanist, I'm bummed that you'll miss out - perhaps you'll join us for the Heartland next week?
taloo_magoo
fooo. I can't go. What day are you doing the heartland? Sat or Sun?
pollystyrene
It will be the third Sunday every month, so next weekend is the first one. We're not sure on the time yet.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it next weekend- my BGP and I are going to the outlet mall in Aurora (Lane Bryant outlet!) and I think we decided on Sunday sad.gif
taloo_magoo
I may go, but won't be able to get there after 6. I have red hair, and specticals just incase you want to keep an eye out.
turbojenn
I hope we'll see you!!! We're heading out now, so I can do a little shopping at alamo shoes first. smile.gif
pollystyrene
Leaving soon! Can't wait to see everyone!!
sidecar
It was so fun to meet everyone last night -- I don't think I can make the Heartland next week, but hopefully will in November. Hope you guys had a great time at Sweet Occasions!
stargazer
it was great to see everyone yesterday! and great to meet sidecar too for the first time! hopefully i didn't complain too much about being sick. i still feel gross and called off work today.

i'm gonna throw out some dates for an ornanment exchange/festivus gathering at my place...Dec. 2nd or Dec. 9th. let me know what works for everyone. i figure i would put the word out now because i know how hectic it gets (myself included) around the holidays.

one day i will have to request a sunday off so i can make it too a sunday gathering.
sidecar
I'm going to FLA to see my parents Dec 1-3, so Dec. 9 would be better for me (but don't put it off a weekend on my account. I can always catch y'all another time).

Stargazer, I hope you feel better! It was very cool to talk to you yesterday.
tart
Sorry I missed everyone this weekend - hope it was a rockin' good time.

Moving forward, Sunday afternoon at the Heartland? Did we decide on a time?

Star, count me in for Festivus - right now, either weekend works for me.
turbojenn
Count me in for festivus too - either weekend works for me at the moment.

I'm pretty sure I can do Sunday at the Heartland, is there a particular time that would suit you, tart? I could bring the beer along, and then give you a ride home after, so you don't have to lug it on the train...
tart
That would be tres awesome, Turbo - I'd look a little funny balancing a case of beer atop the stroller blink.gif Any time works for me, really - shall we say 2ish? I'll have the wee man along, so I won't be hanging out too terribly late, just an hour or two, unless he's somehow Captain Tolerant...
turbojenn
2pm sounds good to me...turbomann may tag along too...they do have excellent beer and all...
kittenb
Look! Tartlette baby!
I forgot to skip in here and tell everyone how lovely they all were on Saturday. You too, Turbomann. Thanks for the paintball info.
2 PM is too early for me on a Sunday, as I work until 3 downtown. However, I may be too poor to go out at the moment anyway, so don't schedule just for me.

Either day in December works for me. And I already have my ornament because I was confused.
pollystyrene
I'm good with whatever day in December. How does it work, do we just bring an ornament for anyone, or are we assigned someone, like a Secret Santa thing?
janeinane
Hi everyone -- I'll actually be out of town this weekend, so drink a Heartland pint for me. Either Dec. date works for me too -- thanks for offering to host stargazer! Hope you're feeing better.
stargazer
Thanks Jane!

Today is the first day I'm actually feeling "normal." I think the past 4 years of doc school and running around like a nut took it's toll on me. I think my body knew it was ok to just be ill. Plus, it was a way for me to tell myself to take care of me.

Ok. Busties, we will schedule our Ornanment Exchange/Festivus party for Dec. 9th. Just bring an ornanment for $10 or less and I will explain the game from there. Yeah, I'm excited. Oh, we should make it a pot luck. Extra yummy. Whip out those holiday recipes ladies!

Turbojenn...good to know Turbomann can be easily seduced into doing things with beer...he's kinda like your own personal Homer Simpson! laugh.gif
turbojenn
Oh, he *is* my personal homer simpson! We have a nice photo of the two of us on our fridge, and he's replaced his head with a homer sticker. funny man.

Dec. 9, it is! Oh, and good idea on the potluck! Do you have cats, stargazer? I forgot to ask, and kitties make me very ill...

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better...our bodies do a good job of telling us when to slow down, its just so hard to listen when you're so busy.
stargazer
no cats turbojenn. no animals whatsoever if that helps anyone.

well, just one mouse i haven't caught yet. i should just adopt him. dry.gif
tart
We still on for the Heartland, Turbo? I'm out the door as we speak, so hopefully we'll see you & the Mister there...
pollystyrene
So, how was the meet-up at the Heartland yesterday? Who ended up coming?

So, the next dates will be 11/19 and if we want to have one in December, it will be 12/17, but I know how busy people get close to the holidays. Plus, we'll be having the ornament exchange at Stargazer's on the 9th. We can decide when it gets closer!
tart
Just us chickens (i.e., me & Tartlet & Turbo)! It was nice, actually, to have a little quality time with the lovely Turbo - neither of us were feeling in top form, so it was nice & low-key. (Confidential to Turbo - I don't know if you noticed, but one Snakebite and I was LOA-DED. Obviously, the tolerance is not what it was... gotta watch that.)
pollystyrene
Aww, sorry I missed that- Tartlet is so cute!

I've heard that from a lot of women, tart- my SIL used to be able to drink just about anyone under the table, but after having a kid 8 months ago, 1-2 beers and she's down for the count.
kittenb
Ornament exchange November 9th or December 9th?
pollystyrene
November 19th: Next monthly gathering at the Heartland
December 9th: Ornament exchange party at Stargazer's (details to be announced)
December 17th: Next day for monthly gathering at Heartland, though it could be cancelled due to hectic-ness of holiday season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.