Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90
aphelendra
Cristine - you are more patient than I. I'd already tested by 8dpo when we did IUI. Implant baby, implant!

Super busy right now, finals are fast approaching, but I'm checking in periodically.
Cristine
Aphelendra, I am officially getting impatient today because I started getting light cramps yesterday.

I am not feeling too optimistic right now.
Michelina
Cristine, do not take that as a bad sign. I spotted before I found out I was pregnant. I was devastated because I was SURE it was my period. I also felt crampy the evening before I got my positive pregnancy test. Do not give up hope. My digits are crossed very tightly!
kinkyJen
Michelina, thank you so much for that info (and thank you so much for the welcome biggrin.gif)! I'm a ditz on knowing the odds and ends of myself but this will push me to pay attention to my bod. smile.gif

Cristine, hugs and kisses to you! You are a very strong woman and I admire you! I know things will turn out smile.gif Thank you telling me that TCOYF is a must have book because I had no idea that the book existed until both yourself and Michelina told me.

Muchos Thank you's! smile.gif
Cristine
Please tell me that no positive is ever too light! I got a positive today at 15 dpiui and I'm trying not to get too excited since it is way early! Of course, the one time I buy cheap generic tests is the time I get a positive... and I really hope it's reliable! I'll keep you posted.
Michelina
No positive is ever too light!!! Woo hoo - you are pregnant!!! So happy for you! Yes, keep us posted!
Cristine
Thank you!!! smile.gif
jenny_dreadful
ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! I have a big grin on my face!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! There's no such thing as a false positive with an HPT, you're pregnant for sure!!!
zelda
You are pregnant, my dear. No positive is ever too light indeed. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big grin on this lady's face. Exciting!!!!!!!
Cristine
Thanks ladies!! I feel ridiculously happy, but super nervous about anything going wrong. It helps to know you're all here!
Michelina
I can TOTALLY relate to that feeling. I know it's hard, but try to enjoy this news as much as you can. You've been through a lot to get here, and chances are good that in 9 months, you'll be holding your little bean in your arms! Are you getting a blood pregnancy test? Once I got my hcg number, it made me feel more reassured that it was real. With every step, the pregnancy will feel more real and you will get to enjoy it more and more as time goes on. At least that's how it was for me!

Congrats a million times over!
aphelendra
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Please keep us updated! I am officially donezo with school for the semester, so I promise to be around.

And to echo what others have said, no positive is too light, and an HPT is an HPT is an HPT, regardless of price. You have HCG in your system, you are one pregnant lady. biggrin.gif
Cristine
Well I took another test today (aka - the day the doctor told me to test) and the line was darker, which made me feel a bit better. So I called their office and they want me to get a blood test today. Then they want to take several additional tests to make sure the number rises... if all goes well I should be in around 6 weeks for a scan. smile.gif
Michelina
When do you get your blood test results? It's great that the line was darker today. I did the same thing, and it was reassuring to see the line darken.

I guess you are probably curious about the number of wee ones in there too! So exciting!!!
kinkyJen
YAY!!!! Congrats Cristine! So freaking happy for you!! ::dancing around room::
We are all here for you my dear! Totally keep us posted!
zelda
Darker test is a VERY good sign. OMG, I am so excited for you...I remember those first few early days, just floating around like a dream. All I could think about every second of every moment was..."PREGNANT! ME! PREGNANT!"

Wishing you every good thing!
Cristine
It really is like I'm floating around in a dream world right now, it's crazy.

I will probably get the results on Friday since I went to a separate lab for the test.

Just waiting now... smile.gif
julie124
Just popping in to say yay, Cristine! Pregnant yay! Thinking good thoughts for you....
Cristine
379 HCG at 16 dpiui... is that good? I just got a fax and haven't talked to my doctor yet.
Michelina
Oh Cristine, that's a fantastic number!!! I believe my number at the same time was roughly the same, and I had two beans at that time! You are definitely pregnant!

How are you feeling? Any different? If you're not feeling different, don't freak out. It doesn't mean a thing. Zelda and I can definitely speak to that!
Cristine
The first thing I noticed, other than cramps, was my heightened sense of smell... however, since it didn't make me nauseous I just thought it was a coincidence.

And in answer to your question, I am very curious if there's more than one right now. wink.gif

My doctor's office said 379 just means I'm pregnant and they want to see it double every 2 days, I was hoping they could let me know if that was average, below average, really good??? So I go in again on Friday for HCG & progesterone tests.

I'm still happy as a clam, way less worried than I had expected!
zelda
I'm so glad you got it checked by your doctor and now there is no question. You're PREGNANT!!!

I had hardly any symptoms. I remember at 11 weeks telling my OB, "If you didn't tell me I was pregnant, I would never know." She said, "You're lucky!"

The only thing I had was raging insomnia which made me cuckoo for a week or so....but that is pretty rare. Most mamas to be are just dead tired.

By the way, if you do get insomnia or can't sleep because you are just so excited, don't worry. Insomnia can't affect the baby. Wish I had known that as it probably would have helped me sleep!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, CHRISTINE!!!

What did Mr. C say? OMG, what if it's twins??? :-)
Cristine
Zelda, the way I told Mr. C left little room to be excited... however, he responded perfectly. I woke him up and said "it's a really light line but the test says I'm pregnant" and he stopped me from going on by kissing me. I was already blaming the test for misleading me, it was hilarious! He's still pretty cautious about getting too excited though.

My symptoms feel like they could totally be normal non-pregnancy things like constipation, sense of smell and tiredness! The worst thing is that my breasts are incredibly sensitive, and the past 3 mornings they have been pretty sore when I wake up. Honestly, every day that goes by with no period is what makes me happy... and without that, I really wouldn't know with any certainty that I'm pregnant! wink.gif

catsoup
Congratulations, Cristine!!!!

My first symptom was sore boobs. My nausea/vomiting didn't start until about week 8 so enjoy your lack of symptoms. laugh.gif

I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow! Where has time gone?! The first trimester was sooooo long and the second one flew by. I'm really enjoying being pregnant, much more than I ever thought I would, and can't believe my due date is less than two months away. This will sound completely ridiculous, but it's so easy to forget that at the end of this we get a baby.

Any ideas for a gift to get some friends who are throwing me a baby shower next weekend? I'd like to get them something small to show my appreciation for them throwing the shower but I can't come up with any ideas.
Cristine
Thanks cat!

So my hcg went up to 815 on Friday from 379 on Wednesday. They want me to go back tomorrow and if everything looks good I'll have my appointment next week. My progesterone is 72.8, which they said is good but all I've been able to find is 9-47 in 1st tri & 17-147 in 2nd tri. I guess being a little high isn't bad??
Cristine
My hcg was at 3,738 as of yesterday, so it has more than doubled every 2 days! Yay!! My first appointment is next Tuesday morning, I'm pretty excited and I'd just be devastated if anything went wrong at this point. Mr. C is still in total disbelief.
Michelina
Woo hoo, Cristine! My beta was 3600 at the same time! Excellent news! Do you have an appointment for your first ultrasound yet?
Cristine
Tuesday is the big day! smile.gif
zelda
So exciting! Christine, something is telling me it's twins...OMG! What if I'm right?!?

It will feel unreal for a while, but that's why you have 9 months to get used to the idea. SO EXCITED!

May I recommend the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy? So good!
Michelina
I can't wait for Tuesday! So excited for you!
Cristine
Zelda, I am so curious about twins! Though it would certainly be a financial hurdle, not to mention the fact that we would never sleep again. And even if it is more than one, I don't want to get set on the idea because I know it's common for 1 to be lost. Either way... dying to find out!

And everything feels so unreal now, as I'm sure it will throughout the first trimester.
jenny_dreadful
Cristine, wishing you all the best for your scan tomorrow, I am so excited to find out if you're having twins!
Cristine
Hi ladies!! No twins... just one little heartbeat at 117 bpm! smile.gif We were even able to hear it, which I didn't know would be possible this early on. It was pretty exciting for both of us! Today is a good day...

Oh and my best friend had her 2nd baby (IVF) last night... it's a girl!
funnybird
Oh my God, Cristine! I logged on for the first time in ages and ages, and what do I see? You're pregnant!!! Woohoo, that's so awesome. Big big congratulations from London. Aww, that's made my day.
zelda
YAYAYAYAYA!!!! Wow...amazing you could hear it so early. Great sign. I remember the first time I saw baby E's heartbeat. Man, I cannot believe he is almost a year...almost walking. It is amazing. Cristine, CONGRATULATIONS! So so so excited for you.
Cristine
Funnybird, so nice to hear from you... thank you!! smile.gif

Zelda, I could not believe that was my baby's heartbeat! I thought for sure it was mine and that my doctor was crazy for even suggesting we might be able to hear! wink.gif

It's so amazing to think that there's so much going on in there and I can't feel a thing... except for my boobies!
Fookie
Cristine! Woo-hoooooooooooooooooooooo. So excited to read this news. Haven't checked the boards in too long. Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats Congrats
Michelina
Yay, Cristine! I'm so very happy for you! Isn't that hearbeat unbelievable? I heard Makenna's heartbeat at 6.5 weeks and it was incredible. What is your due date? When do you have the next ultrasound? So exciting!!!!
Michelina
And what perfect timing with your friend having her baby around the same time you find out you are pregnant. So much to celebrate! Did she have success on the first try with her second baby?

And Catsoup, great to hear from you! I can't believe you are so close now. Wow, where did the time go?

I cannot believe that Makenna will be 10 weeks tomorrow!
nickclick
yay Christine!!!!!!!! keep us posted!

10 weeks already for Makenna!? it's so true that time flies when you're having fun (or really tired). how is she doing?
Cristine
Thanks Fookie!!! smile.gif

Michelina... Funny thing is my doctor didn't give me a due date, but I had already calculated it as January 15th. My friend had each child on her first IVF try. The first baby, she tried for about 3 years and then tried IVF. When they wanted a second baby it was worry free, just pop into the clinic and get pregnant... such a relief considering her first bout.

My next ultrasound is June 7th... I can't wait!

Cristine
So I guess I have "morning sickness" but it was hard for me to identify. Let me start by saying I had GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) prior to getting pregnant, which I've heard only gets worse during pregnancy. I used to take Prevacid every morning for it and Zantac after meals. I've heard these should be avoided during pregnancy but my doctor said if it's too uncomfortable to tolerate then I can continue taking it. Well I was fine with Tums at first as long as I avoid spicy foods and limit acidic foods... so much so, that on Tuesday I decided to try Buffalo chicken. It did not sit well with me and my stomach has been bothering me ever since, I figured it should go away but I still feel nauseous! Although my stomach is slightly sensitive in the mornings, it mostly tortures me in the afternoon and worsens through the evening. I think this might be morning sickness even though I'm not vomiting or gagging... lots of burping though, which is relieving.

Any thoughts???
catsoup
I never had heartburn prior to being pregnant. I had a rough first trimester - lots of nausea and vomiting (it would last most of the day and into the evening) to the point of losing nearly ten pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years. The "morning" (Ha!) sickness started around week 7 or 8 for me and ended around week 14 I think. Heartburn started not long after. Like I said, I had never had heartburn to the point where I had to ask my partner what in the world I was feeling and he clued me in. laugh.gif My midwife told me to start with Tums and if those stopped working to let her know. She said to try not to take more than 8 per day (I think that's what the recommendation was) and that taking one right before bed could even help avoid the dreaded leg cramps that can happen in the middle of the night (apparently both calcium and potassium help with that). The Tums worked fine until the third trimester and I got the okay to now take 75mg of Zantac 2x/day which is helping a lot. I take that and can still take some Tums if needed.

I can't handle any food with spice anymore. Everything seems to taste spicier than normal (even mild salsa is suddenly "too spicy" for me! Boo!) so I just avoid it all. It's made for some very boring meals at very delicious restaurants but it's what I've got to do these days.
Cristine
Thanks for the input catsoup, I too have been having fairly plain meals with lots of carbohydrates (which I usually avoid) because it's the only thing that soothes my stomach... which sucks because I'm a spicy food lover. Small sacrifice. wink.gif
aphelendra
Hello ladies!

Just wanted to chime in on the heartburn issue . . . . I've had GERD since I was 14 and had been on nexium for about that long. I stopped when we started fert treatments, and I have to say, the pregnancy was not nearly as bad as I expected. And 10 months later, I would actually say that the GERD has improved. No idea why, or if it's even really related to the pregnancy. But it's safe to say that it doesn't always get worse. I had some wicked bad heartburn in the second and third tri, but more of the esophagus-on-fire-lava-in-my-throat variety, not the I'm-being-stabbed-by-a-sword-in-the-chest variety. It was an improvement, trust me.

In other, unrelated news, we are getting married on saturday. And . . . . I got into nursing school and start this fall! biggrin.gif It's a gonna be a busy time for us . . . .
Fookie
Congratulations! What exciting news! Busy time indeed smile.gif
Michelina
Congrats, Aphelendra! So much good news on this thread!

Nickclick, Makenna is doing really well, thanks! She is sleeping 8 hours straight at night and is a very happy baby for the most part. She loves to smile and giggle, and she is really cooing now. She's an absolute joy. I found the newborn stage tough, and am enjoying this stage a lot more. We are going on a 9-day road trip right away. It'll be interesting to see how she does with that.

In a very wierd way, we are back to trying to conceive. I know our chances of naturally conceiving are low, but it could happen. My period hasn't yet returned anyway, but when it does, we will try to time intercourse for ovulation. I am going to try very hard not to stress about it. If it doesn't happen naturally by next spring (and we expect it won't), then we'll go in to transfer our frozen embryo. If that doesn't work, we'll probably do a fresh cycle again. I know it will be tough a second time around, but it won't be as stressful because we have our child now. I would be disappointed if we cannot have a second, but I wouldn't be devastated the way I would have been if we couldn't conceive at all through IVF. And if one baby is all we get, then we will simply consider ourselves blessed to be parents of one healthy and happy child.

For the postpartum Busties, when did your periods return? I think mine may return pretty quickly because I go a long stretch at night without nursing. But who knows.

Catsoup, what is your due date?
Cristine
Aphelendra, congratulations!! That's fantastic news on both fronts! And it's comforting to hear of someone who made it through pregnancy with GERD. I'm really trying to get through this, but I just don't want to eat! The only foods that are momentarily easy on my stomach are full of carbohydrates!

Michelina, glad to hear that you're at such an enjoyable stage with Makenna!
funnybird
Congratulations Aphelendra! Have a wonderful day on Saturday.

Michelina, Babybird is 7 months today and my period still hasn't returned. That may be because he's a crappy sleeper who still wants to nurse every 4 hours at night.... I'm envious of your 8-hours-a-night-girl!

We also discussed when to start work on Babybird v2.0 last night. We've won't know until we start trying what effect the chemo will have had on AB's fertility, and we've been advised to wait at least a year to let things settle down. If necessary we still have the frozen sperm from when he was diagnosed the first time around, although we'd have to fund IVF ourselves now as the NHS will only foot the bill for couples with no children. Anyways, we're both keen to get on with it; funny that only 7 months ago I swore "never again"!
zelda
My period did not return for NINE months (not counting an anovulatory one 6 weeks post partum). And I wasn't even BFing exclusively! Don't know why it took so long.

We are pretty sure E will be our one and only, but we're not 100% sure...for now I am on the combination pill.

Elliott is ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!!! Can you believe it?! So exciting. :-) He is walking so confidently and is just a doll in every way.

Good vibes to all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.