Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90
cinegirl
I'm so glad you're feeling better, shiny--hope you're able to take time for yourself today.

pixie--
LOL about the couch...

Speaking of birthing centers, it is a damn shame that there is only 1 freestanding birthing center in all of New York City. What gives?
karcher

gday

newbie here, how do you do

34-ish wks and totally sick of the waiting game - though not quite ready for the young one to come out yet

i have a question re: belly-touching. anyone got advice on how to tactfully redirect eager grandmother-to-be's hands? my partner's mom has been doing it since i started to show, and i absolutely loathe it. i understand she's excited about her grandchild but, for christ's sake, it's my body too! she almost acts as if my belly is her property, i hardly have time to protest before her hands are there already, patting and circling it as if she were checking out a watermelon. my partner and i couldn't work out a way to let her know without hurting her feelings.

i guess everyone has problems with in-laws huh, and this probably is not the biggest issue of all times...

into_a_bulb
QUOTE(karcher @ May 4 2007, 10:45 AM) *
gday

newbie here, how do you do

34-ish wks and totally sick of the waiting game - though not quite ready for the young one to come out yet

i have a question re: belly-touching. anyone got advice on how to tactfully redirect eager grandmother-to-be's hands? my partner's mom has been doing it since i started to show, and i absolutely loathe it. i understand she's excited about her grandchild but, for christ's sake, it's my body too! she almost acts as if my belly is her property, i hardly have time to protest before her hands are there already, patting and circling it as if she were checking out a watermelon. my partner and i couldn't work out a way to let her know without hurting her feelings.
i guess everyone has problems with in-laws huh, and this probably is not the biggest issue of all times...

I would always turn my body to the side or walk quickly away whenever I saw the perpetrator approaching to touch my belly (especially if it was the type of person in my family that I knew I would offend if I told them not to touch my belly).

Usually my boyfriend's stepmother would ask me first if she could feel my belly once the baby started to kick and she would be kicking the whole time and I'd say,"Well I guess she's sleeping today." She was too dumb to even think that something would be wrong if in a five hour span of time the baby wouldn't move at all. It was wonderful.
shinyx3
welcom to bust both of you! tell us about yourselves.
pepper
seriously, what is wrong with just telling people that you aren't comfortable being touched? you could say that you're very sensitive there as it gets all stretched out of shape (not exactly an untruth, my totally exposed bellybutton hates being touched right now) but it's good boundary setting practice for when the baby comes anyhow. i think honesty is the best policy, you can't please everyone and no matter what you choose someone is going to get their feelings hurt eventually. better them than me i think. i mean, if i'm looking out for their feelings who's looking out for mine? apparently no one outta that grabby inconsiderate bunch!

cinegirl, i had a homebirth, no midwife just myself and a couple of girlfriends (not to help, they knew nothing, just to be there and check it out, get me water etc.) it was absolutely perfect, no pain, no pushing, no tearing. that's what i plan this time too, i'll let you know how it goes. laura kaplan shanley's website is Amazing if you want to read some really inspirational birth stories.

anyhoo, i can't take any more pictures, my camera's on the fritz. but i'll post what i can when i get near a compatible computer.
into_a_bulb
QUOTE(shinyx3 @ May 4 2007, 07:08 PM) *
welcom to bust both of you! tell us about yourselves.

Well I posted in the newbie thread but I can tell a little about myself again, heh.
I'm 21 years old, I work full time and go to school a little more than part time for Behavioral Sciences/Anthropology. When I'm not at school or at work I'm with my daughter Madelyne who will be the big 2 June 21st, summer solstice baby! Her father and I live together and have been together for close to six years now and hopefully, someday, will be able to buy a tiny little house that I can paint out of Pennsylvania. That's the ultimate goal here, heh.
shinyx3
i thought you might be pregnant and was wondering how far along and such.
karcher

yeah pep i might do that next time, about time i start putting my foot down if i'm going to be the carer of my little preciousssss there's bound to be more to come

i'm carrying a 35wk-old bundle who has a big boney arse and who likes to dance on my bladder. sex unknown but there's a gut feeling. hoping labour would be over and done with in like, 2 mins.
shinyx3
back to the belly touching. there is another lady who always is touchy feely and i have no problem swatting her hand away. i guess i just didn't want to make an uncomfortable situation because i really like the guy (my sons martial arts teahcer). also, i remember when my son was a baby and being totally prtective of people trying to kiss on him and touch him and all and never worrying about what poeple tought, so i really shouldn't have an issue with letting someone know it is not ok to touch my belly. not sure what my hang up is there.
pepper
oh, Now things are getting tight in there! i can feel SO much more moving and today there were distinct hiccups for the first time, ha ha ha! Very Amusing that.
those practice contractions are getting strong too, have you noticed them? my whole uterus gets super hard and i really feel like i have to pee. it's neat-o to check it all working itself out involuntarily, i remember when i was in labour last time my body pushed a few good times before i had to give two little pushes for the head. it was a wonder, very powerful and very out of my control.
i feel a most uncomfortable sensation in the tendons at the inside crease of the thigh, all that relaxin is relaxin' me a bit too much, hardee har har! and i am getting heartburn if i'm not careful about how much and what combinations i eat. i'm feeling it fo' real chicas, can't hardly get my shoes done up and such. but i feel like i look Gorgeous so meh, what's a little barefoot action eh? it's nearly summer after all...

pics soon, i hope i hope!
kiss_the_fiddler
Ok, I know I'm not pregnant, but I really really want to be. So, I'll post about the sheep I help to take care of. This morning, three were pregnant. Sheep have a gestation of 142 days. Today was the 141st day for the sheep called Sophie. I watched her like a hawk today. I love all things baby, all things birthing (well, not all, but the good outcomes). I got to see both lambs hit the ground. Sophie didn't get up right away to clean them off so I had to get the amniotic sac off both the lambs heads so they could breathe. It was fun day. Two little boy sheep. I'm happy. I want a baby.

lapis
A belated thanks for the reassurance on the weight. I have gained 8 lbs and am at 14 weeks, weighing 110 now. I apparently have to eat more protein--protein with every meal the midwife said cause it's needed for growth and will deter the sugar cravings.

Anyway, as for the belly touching issue, I have been concerned about this, too even though I'm not realy showing.

One mom I spoke with said she welcomed every touch, that she saw it as a blessing for the child rather than a violation. Also, she reckons that it is healing for the people who do the touching--people love life and are inspired by new life. I think that makes sense and will try to integrate it into my orientation. It seems like the people who touch you are well-meaning and that struggling against it may make it more traumatic than the actual act is worth. But it's really hard, too, especially in a place where people maintain lots of spatial-personal boundaries like the US.

My current struggle is feeling like some kind of project (a plant or petri dish) for the people around me. My partner's mom calls all the time and I feel like a grandbaby incubator rather than a person. Friends watch my food and try to shield me from soft cheeses and stuff, when I don't want to live in utter fear of really tasty vittles. I have to just recognize it as love and know that I am making the right choices for my body. But it's so strange to me that not only are you sharing your body with an entity but your inividuation is also compromised by the people around you who want to monitor you and get into your space. It's kind of neat, though. I mean, I thought the nurturing concern would end at childhood, and pregnancy has a whole different level of that.
shinyx3
is anyone else in here having boob issues? i finally bought a bra that fits today and it is a nursing bra as well. i have increased in size to crazy big and i am only 26weeks. what the hell am i going to do when i am nursing . . . wheel them around in a wheel barrel in front of me? i understand that many people like the idea of voluptuous breasts but at some point (a point which i have long passed it seems) they are too big to look nice. they just look big and sloppy. i am having a difficult time finding tops to wear that fit. it seems my options are buying xl tops and taking them in under the chest to fit my rib cage, or wearing huge mens clothing and looking like a frumpy cow. i am now a 36F in some bras and a 36G in others. gah! having blue veins on the boobies is not helping with the atractivness either.

most of the clothes i have that i thought i would be able to wear through out the pregnancy are too tight on top. it really does not help that hubby is not overly fond of any of my maternity clothes. it makes me feel even less atractive and i worry that he is embarased by my rediculous body shape that seems to be all tits and belly. my tits actually seem to be keeping up with my belly. they are about the same with how far they stick out.

ok, sorry for the bitch session.
cinegirl
I am totally having boob issues, and I'm only 13 weeks! I've already gone from a B to a very full D and can't keep up with bras...
pixiedust
I wish I was having boob issues! My problem is that I am having so much weight loss, mine aren't really getting any bigger.

I ended up with a bad kidney infection last week and went to an urgent care clinic and tehy said my weight loss is happening because of ketoacidosis, which usually only happens when you are on a low carb diet. The thing is, I eat tons of carbs so the doctor can't explain why it is happening. They did a blood sugar test to make sure I wasn't diebetic since I haven't had my official glucose test yet, but my blood sugar was normal. So I am on doctors order to try and bulk up my carbs1 I tells ya, I just hate being told to eat fattening foods! tongue.gif
chachaheels
Whoa--wait a second...ketoacidosis does not happen when you are on a low carb diet. That's Ketosis, something entirely different. Healthy people undergo ketosis; ketoacidosis is a pathological process, not something which happens in a healthy body.

It happens only to patients who are not healthy, say, with undiagnosed diabetes. I know your blood sugar test came back okay, but I would strongly suggest you have a urine test for albumin instead, as well as your glucose test--it can confirm diabetes BEFORE a blood test can. And gestational diabetes is a complication I would not rule out if I were your doctor; but typically, ketoacidosis is a symptom of type I diabetes, not type II (though gestational diabetes can mimic type I).

Pixiedust, I don't want to put a downer on your desire to eat sugary foods, but I hope I can encourage you get a second opinion and a urine test for albumin--this is serious stuff, especially if your kidneys are already "in crisis".
pixiedust
Maybe it was ketosis then, he described it as my body being malnurished even though I was eating properly...Either way I am already scheduled for my glucose test at my next appointment. It isn't scheduled till the end of the month, but after I finish my meds this weekend if I think I am still having and bladder/kidney issues, then they will move it up to early next week.

This actually is mimicing my last pregnancy exactly...the difference is that no one ever sat down with me the last time and discussed what all the numbers meant on my U/As. I strongly suspect I have a metobolic disorder because for the last few years I have had unexplainable weight gain and had diabetes, thyroid and a host of other things ruled out.
Last time they thought I might GD after my first test, so I had to take the 3 hour test which came back completely normal.
chachaheels
Well, all the signs and symptoms for diabetes and similar illnesses are there, from the weight loss to the "kidney infections" and even the non-event blood sugar tests and pregnancy. The albumin/urine test is a much better, conclusive indicator of diabetes. Just out of curiosity, if this is exactly what happened during your last pregnancy, how much did your last baby weigh at birth?

Ketosis is not a sign of malnourishment, it happens as a result of the breakdown of stored fat. As long as you drink enough water, you just flush the ketones out of the system. Fully nourished, extremely healthy bodies can go into and stay in ketosis indefinitely.
pixiedust
Minipixie was 6lb 15 oz.

I know you mean well, but this is something I have already discussed with my doctor and I am going by his diagnosis and treatment and am uncomfortable continuing this online.

I mentioned it on here because I have mentioned the weigth loss several times to these ladies and I am glad to finally have some understanding of why it is happening.
aquagirl3
Hi all,
I am cranky with my breasts too. I was always a D and I went to "A Woman's Work" to get nursing/maternity bras, and I fit into an F underwire comfortably but because it's so big the underwires went up into my armpits. The only one I was happy with was not underwire, and I wear it every day now, but it seems wrong to me that such big breasts would be supported by a non-underwire and also they are $40! I bought a sleeping bra too and I like that one.
I just hate all the E and up size bras. They're so ugly and made uncomfortable. I don't know what to do.
Also I hate the blue veins. They are so gigantic and obvious. Do you think they will go away? sad.gif
I hate being pregnant. I feel guilty and un-feminist for hating it. Especially since the reasons I hate it seem so selfish. Constant discomfort, ugly big big big, veins, can't tie shoes or wear anything at all, and I WANT ALCOHOL AND POT. I have been crabby and resentful towards my husband much more than he deserves. I am scared shitless of labor and delivery. I'm a terrible selfish cowardly person.
I do want my baby, I promise.
This should be in the "confessions" thread, I guess. But hopefully some of you can relate. sad.gif
PS. 33.5 weeks.
PPS. I'm going to go downstairs and fold tiny clothes because it tends to cheer me up. smile.gif
shinyx3
oh aqua, i can totally relate! i weighed myself today and i actually cried. i then went to the store and bought watermelon, strawberries, apples, tomatoes, fresh basil, frozen blueberries, and kiwi's. i am butting myself on a strick diet of healthy fruits and veggies and protien. no more crap!

pixie, i am just getting over a bladder/kidney infection. it was pretty scary for me. but i am feeling good now. my glucose test is next week. we are on real similar schedules
chachaheels
Sorry if I gave offense, Pixie. It's just that your post had me worried. Ketosis is nothing to worry about, but the ketoacidosis was just scary, and I had no idea from that what I'd read so far that you'd had the experience before.
pepper
i dunno, i think the blue veins are kinda cool. they don't last forever and they're sorta this wee blue road map leading to the important bits, boobies and belly.
the size f breasts do sound like a pain though, i really hope you find a comfy bra! remember that the size can change again when your milk comes in so maybe wait on the nursing bra if you can. geez, good luck. go for a massage, your shoulders and back must be achey from all that extra weight.

i can't do my shoes up either and i'm not even all that huge. just can't bend it like i used to.
and the kicking ~oooff!! wow, this is one active chicklet i tells ya. wow.
and now my face is doing the strange swelling thing that it did last pregnancy too, just around the lower jawline. no biggie but it changes my face a lot, pictures look weird to me.

pepper
more pics later!!
shinyx3
happy mothers day!! to all the mom's who are and mom's who will be!

pepper, you are sooo pretty!
pixiedust
Nice pics Pepper! It is amazing how much the current style mimic maternity clothes. I've noticed it a lot...but anything that is going to fit my boobs and waist will swallow me once I have the baby!
shinyx3
for mothers day i got a gift cert to one of my favorite shops and i bought the cutest outfit there! it fits iver my boobs, is not maternity, but will totally work even when i am huge! i will try to get a pic and upload it.

i am all sneezy today, i think it is allergies. yeateray i had my appt with my midwife and everything is looking lovely! she is not at all concerned about my wieght and told me to not worry so much about it. i guess it is that i have always been skinny and for the first time in my live my thighs touch. very strange to me. anyway, i drank the toxic sweet stuff for the gluco test and will hear back about that today if there is anything alarming to report.

(((preggies)))
into_a_bulb
Well I just found out yesterday that I am six weeks pregnant. I have a daughter who will be 2 June 21st and we really don't have all that much money but I also found out yesterday that I may get a big promotion and my boyfriend called today to tell me he just got a promotion. I found out I was pregnant by an ultrasound at PP because I was scheduling an abortion. The problem is...I don't want to do it now. I'm positive I don't want to do this. And the man is positive he doesn't want another child. Somehow, some way I have to tell him tonight that I'm keeping my baby......
lapis
Hi wise pregnant ones,
I have questions.
Any suggestions for dry skin? As a normally oily person, I don't know what to do about the drying out of legs. I use "mother's special blend" of almond, coconut, cocoa butter, and other oils daily and it's not doing the job. Do you bathe less often? I also used a sugar scrub last night and that felt good but it doesn't seem like a daily thing. Do baths help? I also thought about consuming more coconut oil and trying to get "greased up from within."

Also, what about these boobs? I am sizing out of my teeny (32A) bras and can't figure out what to do next. Do you just get sized multiple times during the 9 months? Are there any stretchy but supportive bras? Since bras were really ornamentation for me before, this is a new challenge.

Anyone else having their babies at home? I am totally thrilled about my midwife and trying to figure out how much to fight for insurance coverage (it only covers midwives in doctors' practices, and, thus, who deliver in hospitals).

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Hope everybody's thriving!

Bulb, you just posted as I was writing. I have been there, visited the clinic, uninterested dad, scheduled another appointment. I think this is one of those decisions you should take your time with. My partner came around in about 2 months. If you feel like you want the child would you be willing to leave your partner if he's not into it? You don't have to have an abortion if it's not what you want. You can also sit with the decision for many weeks if you think you need to spend more time considering it and perhaps will decide you don't want this pregnancy. I remember going to PP and looking around at all the sad women waiting for surgery and feeling completely thrilled that I was pregnant--this told me a lot about how I felt about my pregnancy. It's a tough situation but you are supported and you will make the right decision for you! Do you journal? It could help you clarify why you don't want an abortion and explain it to your boyfriend. The biggest issue, in my opinion, is that you make the choice for yourself, not him. Good luck and you can pm me if you want to talk with someone who's been there more privately.
cinegirl
I have always been plagued by dry skin, and I swear by anything with Aveeno in the name.
Make sure you put lotion on as soon as you get out of the shower, while your skin is still slightly damp.
Every so often I use the Burt's Bees Lemon Oil with Vitamin E, which I put on my skin before drying off with a towel.

I am also planning a home birth. My insurance gives me out-of-network coverage, so we will be somewhat out of pocket, but we're fine with that. Lapis, when are you due? I'm due mid-November.

(((into a bulb)))
What a sad situation. I am pm'ing you.
lapis
Cinegirl, I am due Nov. 3. There is some out of network coverage after an $800 deductible but it won't cover the actual birth since it's not in a hospital, so part of me is thinking of paying the whole thing out of pocket. I think the midwife will be affordable compared to the hospital fees. I will check out aveeno. I've been trying not to put anything on my skin or hair I can't find in nature or pronounce--but this doesn't seem to be going so well. I mean, it all smells great but...

Oh the other issue is maternity clothes. Grrr! They are too big and the regular clothes are too small. I might have to get some pants made or wait a few more weeks. Any suggestions for small maternity clothes (I am probably a 2 now)? The bella band is nice but sometimes I want jeans with a waist instead of wearing long shirts.

Is anyone thinking of doing elimination communication?
cinegirl
QUOTE(lapis @ May 16 2007, 06:45 PM) *
Cinegirl, I am due Nov. 3. There is some out of network coverage after an $800 deductible but it won't cover the actual birth since it's not in a hospital, so part of me is thinking of paying the whole thing out of pocket. I think the midwife will be affordable compared to the hospital fees. I will check out aveeno. I've been trying not to put anything on my skin or hair I can't find in nature or pronounce--but this doesn't seem to be going so well. I mean, it all smells great but...

How exciting--you're just a few weeks ahead of me.
For dry skin, oatmeal is the best for combating itchiness and flakiness, so look for that in recipes or natural products.

Oh the other issue is maternity clothes. Grrr! They are too big and the regular clothes are too small. I might have to get some pants made or wait a few more weeks. Any suggestions for small maternity clothes (I am probably a 2 now)? The bella band is nice but sometimes I want jeans with a waist instead of wearing long shirts.

I have been in love with Old Navy so far--they have tons of baby doll shirts that hang long and are cheap cheap cheap.
pepper
thanks for the compliment shiny, glad you girls liked the pics. did they give you any clothes ideas? i feel like i really lucked out with the shopping.

lapis i'm thinking about elimination communication. we can spend the whole summer at the cottage and i have many extra lady hands around to help with everything so... why not eh? diapers are not anyone's favourite thing.
i'm thinking about a lotus birth as well. google that one, Very interesting stuff. as much as i like scissors (since i sew and craft) i Really like the idea of a blade-free birth! yay o naturelle!

i am an exercise Slouch! i haven't done thing one yet and i am due in less than 6 weeks. i'm going to be stuck with these dimply thighs forever!!!
lapis
Cinegirl,
I might be even further ahead--we'll have to see with the ultrasound, but the midwife suggested that I might be more pregnant than previously thought because my boobs hurt the month before I took the test (which is really unusual for me). That would be great, more drinking and smoking to feel guilty about. But we shall see. She emphasizes how little the dates matter--it's really a month of anticipation. Also thanks for the Old Navy suggestion--it's not somewhere I usually shop (my haunts are resale and TJ MAxx type places) but it seems like time to take the plunge. Also, I am about to leave the country for a bit so I will surely buy some stuff while I'm away. I went to Ross and all the junior's tops looked great for maternity as opposed to the maternity section which looked all Laura Ashley. It feels like some kind of farce to me that after getting pregnant suddenly we are supposed ot look like people from little hosue on the prairie or like we are perpetually working out. It's kind of immature but I've been going out of my way to wear makeup and flattering stuff and to look like I care about myself.
Pepper,
wow, that lotus! I get the idea and laughed at some of the pictures. It reminded me of a friend who was catheterized after a car accident and they wanted to dismiss him from the hospital with the catheter in, "you can just carry it around like a pocketbook," the nurse said. Not to make fun but it reminds me of baby's first purse. I think I might be too squeamish for that, but will certainly let the cord pulse for awhile before cutting it, and applaud those who can do it. The EC thing worked for some friends of mine--within 6 weeks they could take the babe out and it would use the toilet! I mght buy off their cloth diapers because they were never really soiled. I think it could be cool because potty training sucks and kisd apparently have natural bladder control. Also, they said much fussing has to do with pee, so paying attention can help you understand your kid's moods. Also, you look totally hot. Pepper, I know you are due soon, but I have to say that prenatal yoga feels great. It stretches out my muscles and makes me feel strong and it's so surreal to be around so many breeding breeders. I love it. I see them and it's like looking at blossoming flowers at all stages at once.

I keep wondering when I will look pregnant, 4 months now and those who don't know me would just think I have a cutie paunch.
lapis
OK double post. I had to ask the midwife about the lotus. And she said that she'd be totally fine with it but I'd have to brace myself because even the tiny bit of stump gets stinky after a couple of days, and reminded me that most mammals ditch the placenta after it's done its job. She also said one can get parchment paper and make a print of it to memorialize it, that all the veins make it look like a tree's roots or bury it under a rose or fruit plant. It's so cool to work with someone who's all about accomodating my questions and wishes! And the home visit was so cool, too. I mean, going to your own bathroom to pee in a cup pretty much rocks.
pepper
oh, making a placenta print is an AWESOME idea! i totally love it.
little's placenta is buried under a tree at the family cottage, same place this one will go. i wish i'd made a print of it but i have a piece of the bathrobe i was wearing with our blood on it. that might sound gross but it looks beautiful to me. then again, i couldn't bear to throw out his nail clippings for a full year and i have a teeny weeny little tin full of them in my treasure box tongue.gif

i swear, my belly button is bruised. it's faintly bluish and has been tender for the last few weeks. This didn't happen last time! yay for new weird stuff.

anyone else doing a belly cast? i missed out last time but i'm gonna for sure pretty soon!!
bunnyb
de-lurks

For anyone looking for fashionable maternity clothes try here; it's a UK store but they shop overseas. The boy's sis is pregnant and lives in Vancouver but she ordered quite a few things online and in store on visit home.

pepper, I missed your pics! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy; not long to go!
pixiedust
I thought about doing a belly cast, but I don't know what I'd do with it after a while. Instead, I think I am going to have a photographer friend come over and do some glamour shot type belly pics.

Anyone else having major allergy issues? I can't take benedryl so I am just having to suffer!
lapis
I think I will take some nice photos with a mom/photographer friend of mine but am not really sure what I'd do with a belly cast.
So, my latest pregnancy issue is potential cholestasis. I know that I am itching all over and have every night for the last few days. I researched it and am totally scared, especially because I was planning on taking a trip for research in a week or so. Anyone ever deal with this?
Wishing you folks the best day, full of vitality an radiance!
falljackets
pepper! my belly button is feeling the same way! it's sort of bluish around it and it's so super sore! you're about a week or two ahead of me i guess, so we're dealing with the same stuff now it seems. i've also not been exercising much, just walking some. i keep promising that i'll do more but i don't. oops!

sorry you're dealing with allergies, pixie! you can take claritin over the counter if you need it, at least according to my doc. i had a really bad cold at about 15weeks and almost took it. but i just felt like i should try to fight it off a little longer and it went away. sucked though.

mrfj has been taking a lot of pictures of me. he's a great photographer and we've done the glamour-style all the way to nude. (check the pic in my profile). i love having all these pics of me to have as memories. i thought about a belly cast and i guess there is certainly still time. maybe we'll do that next weekend. sounds like it could be fun. i've always wanted to do it and then paint it up to look like a ladybug or beetle or something to hang in his room.

the lotus birth sounds fascinating to me but like lapis said, i'm too squeamish for that.

welcome to all the mommies-to-be in here! it's crazy how much we've grown (no pun intended!) over the past few months!
pepper
the belly cast can be just the belly, belly and boobs, all that plus hips and thighs and shoulders, etc so you can make one as big or as small as you like. a gf of mine made a collage on hers of angel pictures and colour photocopies of pics of her and her little angel and she has it hanging on the wall as art. it's really wonderful, i like it a lot. and hey, i have walls. tons of them! i'm sure i can find space somewhere.

i have terrific pics of last time(nudes), right near the end too so i'm about as big as i got. i'll get pics taken again, my sister is coming out and she's good with the filmage. i have a blown up shot that i hung in the bedroom, very gorgeous and artsy and all that. people can't believe that it's me and not the work of some fabulous arteest, ha!

i'll post some more pics soon but where are yours?! come on now, someone has to be wearing something cute that they want to share! don't tell me i'm the only one having fun with preggo fashion, i just don't believe that for a minute.

4.5 weeks to go, i'm going to lift some weights today, i swear it!

lapis, did your friends use a book about the EC? i'd love a recommendation from some successful parents. my gf read infant natural hygiene and liked that but i can't get it at the library.
shinyx3
i started water arobics last week and so far am really liking it. i feel so not fat in the water ans floaty and all. after an hour of workout i do not want to get out. i don't really think it will keep me in any thing like great shape but i sure can't hurt.

pixie, i thought i was having allergies but ended up with an eye infection so i am wearing glasses for a few weeks till that is all cleared up.

husband told me yesterday that i looked "ripe". this is funny to me as i know i will be getting so much bigger. if i am ripe now, what will i be by that time i am due, rotten? hehe. i am actually rotten already, spoiled rotten. both my husband and my son have been being really great to me. very supportive and helpful.

i have not taken many pics and i really need to. my sis is really good with photog but she has been out of town lately. i better get on it though huh.
pixiedust
God bless you FJ! DH and I were digging through the medicine cabinet last night looking for anything that didn't have the pregnancy warning on it! I did end up taking a teaspoon of minipixie's claritin because it had no warning. I was wondering if the regular stuff would be ok.

Shiny...I'm pretty sure mine is regular allergies or a summer cold, but I did throw out my disposable contacts this morning and switched to my glasses for a while so that the contacts aren't trapping allergens in my eyes.

Lapis, I have never had cholestasis, but I do get pregnancy induced hypertension which causes my whole body it itch when my blood pressure goes up. Usually it starts out itching the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet and if I don't relax, it will make my entire body itch. Could you be having something like that, or do you have the other symptoms?

The girls at work are starting to plan my baby shower. There is another girl here who's due a week after me, also with a boy, so it will be a double shower. I can't wait to get all the baby stuff!
pepper
i found a Perfect baby backpack at the second hand store today, whoo hoo! only $7.99 which is 10% of what the brand spanking new one i bought last time cost. man, i am digging the nearly-new-for-next-to-nothing kiddy stuff i'm finding. i've found the backpack for 8$, delux umbrella stroll for 5, playpen for 5, bouncy chair with music and vibration for 10, playpen netting for 2, clear plastic rain cover for stroller for 4, baby bath for 2 and a cloth seat thing that goes into the bath for 2, those triangle foam baby bracer things for nap time for a buck, a grow as you go car seat insert thing to hold up baby's head for 3, AND i got a snuggly, piles of cloth diapers, blankets and towels, a three wheeled mega stroller and a car seat for free from friends (hey, that's a lotta f's!). there's a baby mill and a monitor on their way from friends too. dang, i'm practically all set up! it's been fun, i've had a total blast dressing myself and collecting all the goods. i feel like i have way more than last time but it all cost next to nothing so if i give stuff away without using it so what!

hey, i started making some baby keepsakes. i did a trial bear that turned out pretty well, i didn't have exactly the right bits and pieces for jointing the limbs and head and used buttons instead so this isn't a baby-safe version but it was a good experiment and when i make the baby one it will be perfect. i'm going to ask a good friend to collect some special jemstones and sew them into the inside of the bear to make it extra special. and i have fabric for a quilt that i picked out as a possible project for a friend's baby but ended up making something else for them so still have the cloth. i have to preshrink it before i get started but i'm so excited about making it this month. of course, my 6 year old wants one of everything that i make so i gotta double up on it all, ha! better get it done now though, there won't be a lot of time later!

anyone else doing any scrapbooking or photojournals or anything special? last time i asked the friend that were there to write out the birth experience from their pov and i was going to do something with it but each one of them bailed on writing it down, can you believe it?! this time i'll just do something myself. at least i know it'll get done that way.
shinyx3
pepper, i am going to visit my mom this weekend for the sole purpose of hitting the second hand shops and garage sales for baby stuff. i really haven't gotten anything yet for baby save a blanket and one little one piece outfit. i really don't have anywhere to but anything yet but i just don't thin i can waite any longer . . . must go buy babay stuff! i have resisted for long enough. i am a total bargain shopper so my goal is to see what i can get for 50 dollars. i will report back if i have any great finds.
pepper
happy shopping shiny! it's so much fun!

here is the bear i made!!

aquagirl3
Today was my LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! (work). It really, really sucked because I'm at 36 weeks and people who said they were going to help me get out of my classroom all abandoned me, and I cried alone in my classroom because I was so tired and hungry but eventually I got it all done and I am HOME surrounded by stupid boxes to unpack, but I don't have to do that right away do I. I'm taking off next year to be with the baby, so I'm really done with work for a long long time! Thank god. It was killing me these last few weeks to haul my large self out of bed at 6 and be on my feet all day. Now it's all about Kegels, relaxation, healthy eating, and unpacking those boxes.

I have to go to a wedding tomorrow and I don't really know anyone there, it's my husband's friend, and I am feeling so anti-social this whole pregnancy. I hate everyone right now. I just want to stay home with my cat. She's the only one I like all the time.
shinyx3
i have had so much fun looking and shopping for baby stuff and i have gotten such great deals on some super cute stuff! there is a fabric store here that is closing where i got some really cute patterns 75% off and fabric 60% off. yipppeee!. i am going to cut out one of the patterns today and try to get it done totoally this week.
kiss_the_fiddler
shiny,
fabric store going oob here or in gf?
shinyx3
GF handcocks, lots of cute stuff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.