Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90
aquagirl3
It wasn't painful at all. She didn't do a full sweep, it was really just a bit of a cervical sweep. Today I lost my mucus plug! It may just be from the exam, but I can't help getting my hopes up.

Do you guys have any good ideas for a present for my mother? She is here for 3 weeks in HOUSTON which she hates because it's hot. She cooks every meal, does all the shopping, pays for EVERYTHING, cleans up, and is generally just of course a wonderful supportive person who I haven't even rewarded with the damn baby yet. It's so hard to get her a present, because she's quite well-off and has everything already. I wish I could give her something at the end of this that shows her how appreciative my husband and I are. Maybe I could get an expensive silver frame and frame a picture of her and the baby? or of me and the baby? Any ideas?
pixiedust
What about a massage or facial or something pampering like that?
moxiegirl
aqua, how far away does mom live? for her first "grandmother's day," we got my mom and MIL each (b/c they both were godsends) a beautiful frame-like thing from bombay company (mom got a frame set, and MIL a jewelry-box with frame top). This year, they both got days alone with their respective kids, me and moxieman. Really, though, if she's as helpful as you say, her "reward" will be seeing you as a momma and getting to hold her grandbaby.
shinyx3
hi all! i have a question. i have this super sore spot on my belly several inches above my belly button. it actually feel like it is sore from the inside out. i notice it gets more sore when i am moving around alot, like the end of the day if i have been super active it will be really sore. then in the morning it will feel a little better. i do not have a stretch mark there or anything although i keep wondering if one is going to show up right there. (i faithfully keep it soft as posslble with twice a day coco and shea butter) does anyone else have this?
pixiedust
Shiney, I think I know what you mean. I have similar spot that feels like it's bruised from the inside. I think it is just from our little gymnists! I also seems to get a lot of gas bubbles there so I am thinking it's possibly where my stomach is being shoved up.

Anyone else carrying low....and I mean low! I think he has taken up permanent residence in my pelvic bone. Friday night I could barely move my legs it hurt so bad. That got a little better when I used a heating pad for a few minutes. But last night I was having Braxton Hicks or whatever in my back! Man it hurt! MIL was afraid that it was real labor.

Good news is that both MIl and FIL took us shopping this weekend since my shower is coming up and between them bought all of the big essentials. The only other things I have to have are diapers and bottles, so even if he does come a little early (he still needs to stay put 3 more weeks) we will have everything we need.
aquagirl3
Thanks for the ideas about gifts!

Well, the induction is scheduled for Thursday. I hope it happens naturally before then, but it is such a relief having a definite finish line in sight. smile.gif
pixiedust
*~*~**~*~*~*~smooth delivery vibes for Aqua~*~*~**~**~

shinyx3
i realize i am huge. i am the one that sees myself naked in the shower and can not see my toes with out leaning way forward. do people think that i have failed to notice this fact and feel that they should point it out? if one more person tells me "wow you are really big, are you having twins?" i am going to say. . . FUCK YOU!

ok, all done bitching.

wondering how things are going for aqua.
kiss_the_fiddler
Shiny,
You're not that huge. You're beautiful. You look wonderful and healthy.

danyell22
Hello ladies. Just 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and I am an emotional nightmare. I mean crying and carrying on to what feels like ridiculous extents. Is this "normal"?
lapis
Welcome and congratulations, Danyell22! I think mood swings are totally normal--I lost my mind at about 6 weeks, and was saved by some good prenatal vitamins. If you aren't taking some, they could help, or you could see about switching brands. I hope you feel better!

As for me, things are going just fine and people are obsessed with the baby's unknown sex. Yesterday a man told me he hoped it would be a boy. And I said (maybe a bit sternly), "I hope it will be a healthy baby." He got it and agreed--people are so funny! I mean I guess sex and gender are important, but I wonder if people have always been so obsessed with it or if this excitement is a function of having the tools to be able to know.

I haven't gained any weight in almost 1 month and it's bugging me, but the nugget's still playing around in my belly a lot.
Oh, here's the other thing. At night I feel it playing really low, like almost to my pubic bone, but the rest of the time it's up toward the middle of my belly. Is it just cause it has so much room to wiggle around right now? Should I be worried?

danyell22
I wish I was happy or excited like you ladies are. I feel guilty for being so unhappy. I feel too alone, too confused, and too young. Sorry for being a drag, I just wasn't sure where else to post.
shinyx3
danyell, i spent the first two trimesters in the depression thread because i was such a sobbing mess. do you have a partner to share this with? either way we are here to bitch and sob too as many of us have bitched and sobbed already and will again. so welcome to the thread.
katiebelle2882
if you feel those things then maybe you should look into your other options danyell. if not abortion, maybe adoption. bc to be honest 23 is quite young to be pregnant and if you are alone and scared, there is no reason you need to have this child and raise it since there are other things you can do.
pixiedust
Lapis, how far along are you? Little T has been head down in my pelvis since about weeks...but he is defintiely moving lower. Now that I've had a couple of ultrasounds with him in that position...I know it is mostly legs and bottom that I feel all over the top of my tummy. The doctor said he may even lay side to side occasionally, but his head is where it's supposed to be for 34 weeks. They say the babesstart getting more cramped after 32 weeks and don't move as much, but that hasn't really been the case for T.

Danyell, it is very normal to feel scared or depressed when you are pg for the first time. Even people who have been trying to get pg for a while can get overwhelmed when they realize it is really happening. You are going to have a life changing experience. That is a really nig deal!
lapis
Pixiedust, I am only 23 weeks. It just seems really low, but mostly the movement's are high. The doc had said my uterus (maybe placenta) was low, but not dangerously so. I am paranoid and out of the country now, so maybe this is making something normal more intense.

Danyell, I am sorry you are upset and feel alone. You aren't alone--we are here and many people will show you love and compassion if you ask for it, though this can be a hard time, too. Can you spend some time relaxing and imagining what your ideal life would be like now? Do you have support where you are to follow through with the pregnancy or not? You have choices in your life--and you have a wonderful opportunity here to decide what the next step looks like. Please don't take that for granted. Anyway, you might be just hormonal or your emotions might be telling you something about your innermost desires. Good luck!
danyell22
As the days go by this feels more and more not what I want, but maybe for the wrong reasons. My boyfriend and I first got together about a year and a half ago. We had been together for about 2 months and I got pregnant and had an abortion and it was a horrible time, and on top of it he broke up with me a month later. Then we got back together & I moved in with him just to have him break up with me about 4 months later. SO NOW we've been back together (yes, the third time) for about 3 months and now this. It sounds ridiculous that I even decided to try and persue a relationship with him again but he got himself on anti-depressants and swore he was different (and it really seemed like he was!). But now with all of this baby stuff he is flaking on me again. I'm not worried about this monetarily, I think he'll support me, but I feel like I want and deserve more than this. My mom became a single mom very young in life and it's just something I never wanted. SO my situation is bad and my hormones are crazy so I'm confused. I feel like this is something I SHOULD do, but I feel like there are no resources for me. No support groups for single parents in my area, etc. I'm not a church going woman so I don't have a church community, I just feel like I'm lacking more of a support system. My friends are great but still young & big drinkers and partiers.
Wow--that was really long--I've just needed to get this out to someone other than the people that know my whole situation.
And again--I really don't mean to be a drag on this board, this is a very excited time in a woman's life when everything is lined up in order.
danyell22
One more thing: I am only 23 but he is 31 (with kids of his own) so I was sort of expecting him to be more of the rock. Lately it seems like the only thing to expect is that yr expectations will never be met.
lapis
First, I don't think that there are right and wrong reasons for what people want--it's what you want--you don't have to justify it. Doesn't sound like this guy will be that dependable. If you don't have support to do it alone you might be making your life and someone else's quite tough--but it can be done. But you might be happier without the guy. Would you plan to stay with him if you weren't pregnant? I think you do deserve more than this. You deserve to be in a stable relationship with someone you can depend on, and sharing a child with this guy would make that harder to find. But this seems outside the bounds of this thread. As for the pregnancy...

QUOTE(danyell22 @ Jul 6 2007, 02:22 PM) *
And again--I really don't mean to be a drag on this board, this is a very excited time in a woman's life when everything is lined up in order.

I don't think everything has to be lined up for people to be happy about the pregnancy. People think I am insane for choosing to have a kid at this point in my life but it's what I want. You could argue that pregnancy's chaotic--your body's in flux, relationships can be in flux, finances and all that. Few parents seemed to tranquilly ease into parenthood as if they were made for it--it's got to be a hard change. I think it is a myth that you have to be ready to have a kid--to me it seems like you have to want to make it work and be willing to do what it takes. And having people around to help you out financially or otherwise seems to be necessary, too. Please don't get the impression that we are all perfectly poised for this, married and laid up at home knitting booties. It can be hard but you are not obligated to do this now if it's not what you want.
kiss_the_fiddler
Danyell22,

I'm not preg but want to be. I feel for you and for your situation. It sounds to me like you have some tough decisions to make either way. You can come here and be supported with whatever you decide. There are good people here. Glad you found this place.
pixiedust
Danyell...my best advise is to do what you feel in your heart is the right thing for you reguardless of anyone else. When I got pregnant the first time I thought life was as good as it could get...and then my marriage fell apart about 18 months later and I became a single mom. And as much as I dislike her daddy, I wouldn't trade my little girl for anything in the world. YOu have to decide if you truely want to have a baby, and if you want to be a mom..if the answer is yes, then do it...and you'll find a way to get by whether or not the boyfriend flakes on you.
aquagirl3
Grady was finally born, by C section (he wouldn't descend wacko.gif ) on July 4th! For pictures of the cutest baby in the world please visit myspace.com/scubameg
By the way, I had a nine-pound baby and lost a total of 6 pounds at the hospital. That's not cool, y'all.
shinyx3
WOOO HOOO ! ! ! for grady and aqua! congrats!

*off to see pics on myspace of cutest baby*
moxiegirl
hi there all,

aqua-congrats!!! so glad you and bebe are doing well!

FJ also had her jackaroo this weekend...pop on over to the Okayland thread for all the wonderful details. They;re both doing great, and mrfj has been kind enough to post a couple of pics.
pixiedust
Yay for FJ and Auqa!!!

Auqa, you must still be swollen or something. Generally you lose between 20-25 lbs giving birth!
sessy
hello, mamas. I'm an oldschool bustie, but long time, no post for me (so long that I had to make myself a new username - I used to be crabcake, waaaaay back in the day). anywho, I'm newly, first-time preggo (8 wks) and I have all these wonders and worries, and I'm hoping for some good bustie advice!

So I'm trying to decide on a doctor and think about how exactly I wanna birth this thing. I went to an OB practice today - it's 4, 40-ish women who practice together share patients - and I definitely got a good vibe there. But: I am having a few reservations and want to see what you all think. Here's what I'm not sure about:

- the OB I saw said that they tend to err on the conservative side in deliveries (C-section if at all indicated; induction for sure at 41 wks; episiotemy (sp?) if at all indicated). I don't think I want a midwife, but I'm also not sure about all that!

- she recommended a first trimester screening even though I'm not high-risk (I'm 29 and healthy w/ no family history of anything, really)

- there's no sono in the office - that part is referred out (the other offices I went to had a sonographer on duty!)

I would so much appreciate any advice/wisdom/experience you could share on any of the above. Like I say, I got a good vibe (and I like the hospital where they deliver) but I want to be sure to make the right choice.

Thank you, lovelies, and good tummy vibes to you all.
shinyx3
it all depends on what kind of birth experience is important to you. if you are concernd abaout c-sec, episiotomy, being induced etc, you may look into a midwife that works at a dr's office. then you have the assurence that having a baby in a birthing center or hospital gives you along with the fact that there is always a docter available if anything should come up.

as for the screening it is purely your choice. as it is just a screen and not 100% indicative of anything. i did it because i felt that i wanted all the info i could get. but if you are sure that a screen showing some possible problem would not change your actions it may be less stressful for you to not have one.

really it all comes down to what you are comfortable with and how you want to experience the whole thing.

so, good luck, congrats, and welcome to the thread!
pepper
hey sessy, why not check out a midwife anyhow? these days they're so regulated as to be nearly the same as doctors procedure and certification wise and hey, if you don't get a good vibe you just say thanks and split. it sounds like they might be a bit more up your alley though, at least they'll let you choose for yourself instead of going all c-section on you straight off!! yikes.

ok, pics of the pepperette... she's a face maker!

moxiegirl
pepper, she looks SO MUCH like you! All three of you have such beautiful eyes! How are you all doing?
shinyx3
pepper, she is so adorable! what does little think? hows everything going? breastfeeding?
pixiedust
Wow...she does look like you, Pepper!

I had my 35 week appt on Wednsday. Everything is looking good. The doctor checked me and I am already dialted to 1cm. It also looks like the baby is starting to drop. ( Oh joy! Even my pressure on my poor bladder!) Anyway, even though it is still early he said if I went into labor now, they wouldn't try to stop it. So Mr. Pixie and I are looking at ways to get it going! I have my baby shower tomorrow so I'll be doing a lot of cleaning tonight. I don't have any floors to scrub though!
shinyx3
pixie, currently i am scheduled for induction on Aug 10th but i would not be crushed if i went earlier. i am 35 wks also and as long as i get to 37 wks i am happy to go early. (i've seen too many of those sluggish 35wkrs to want to go that early, sometimes they are a little slow to get going and require more support.) i am hosting a party. have fun at your party! hope you get every thing you need/want and also some super cute stuff you totally don't need but is crazy cute!
pixiedust
My goal is 37 weeks also. I would be ecstatic if he were born between 37-38 weeks. I've been seeing a chiropractor all along, and once I hit 37 weeks he's going to start doing some adjusting in my hip area that should get things going if the rest of my body is ready, which it looks like it will be.
shinyx3
so . . . anybody have any fixes for swollen feet? i am glad that i do not have much time left because my feet and ankles are puffy and sore.
lapis
QUOTE(shinyx3 @ Jul 16 2007, 02:43 PM) *
so . . . anybody have any fixes for swollen feet? i am glad that i do not have much time left because my feet and ankles are puffy and sore.

At night lay on my back and elevate my feet against a wall for ten minutes--one book says only to do this until 6 weeks before your due date but the other says it's fine the whole time. Then when you stand up slowly after resting on your side for a few minutes you can slap your legs really gently to keep the blood flowing--it's supposed to be good for preventing varicose veins. I also drink tons of water (cause sometimes it can be dehydration) and put my feet up whenever possible. In the morning the swelling's gone but returns as the day goes by sometimes when ı spend to many hours walking around. Here, people also use pregnancy support hose. Good luck!
shinyx3
i can not lie on my back at all. (my hips hurt imediatly if i do) but i tried putting my feet in really cold water for a while then rubbing them and that has seemed to help. they are still a little swollen but not like they were. still sorta tingly though.

in reallity i should not be complaining at all because with shiny boy i had pitting edema all the way to my knees. really uncomfprtable! truesly, this is nothing in comparison.

i still have no nursery to set up and my house is a total disaster with all the fruniture moved and stuff all over. construction is moving along but it is pretty slow and i am really starting to stress about it. i set up all the baby stuff today tha i could. all the assembly required stuff anyway. i still have no crib as the person who has said repwatedly "don't buy one. we have on eyou can use" still hasn't produced said crib. stress! people, i am nesting here and have nowherer to set up for my baby who is due in less then a month!

ok, breath, oh, one more thing. hubby wants to go to on a little trip this thurs thru tues and i am trying my best to be ok with it but that too is stressing me out. i do not think i will go into labor while he is gone or anything but i realize that it is not like i am a long way off from my due date. he work super hard and i think it would be a good trip for him but . . . stressing over this whole thing. he may not be able to get back in time if i did go into labor. he would not have cell service the whole time so i may not even be able to tell him if i did. ok, so am i convaying my stress here. lol

i need chocolate. hope all is well for all of you and all of your bellies!
kiss_the_fiddler
Shiny,
You can come nest at my house. It's more tidy now.
pixiedust
(((shiney))) I would be worried about going into labor with Dh away too! I've been having contractions since Monday even though we are still 4 weeks away from due date. Both my doctor and my Chiropractor think I am going to have him pretty soon. I hope you find something that works on the edema. For me, sometime I go lay on the end of the couch with my legs propped up over the arms. Dh has to puill me up out of that position, but it does help a little with the swelling and tingling.

I too am waddling! Little T is right on top of my bladder so if I need to go to the bathroom even a little bit, I can't stand up straight! I have been doing some stretches too to help move my hips further apart. I can't imagine 4 more weeks of this! I don't think I ever got this big and cumbersome with minipixie. Last night I couldn't even hardly reach to shave my legs.
shinyx3
so hubby just left . . . not stressing . . . pouting a little though. i was walking down the driveway (it is pretty steep) and i slipped and owwwwhhh, my hip hurts. fortunatly hubby didn't see it or he probably would not have gone and i think he really should even though i am stessing a little. my mom is gonna come stay with me this weekend and help be move shinyboy to his new room and set up the nursery. it should be fun. maybe we will float the river too if we have a chance. that sounds so nice to me right now.

lapis, i do not remember when you are due. remind me. pixie, i know you and i are pretty much on the same schedule.

hope all is well in the land of the belly bump.
lapis
QUOTE(shinyx3 @ Jul 19 2007, 09:08 PM) *
lapis, i do not remember when you are due. remind me.

Shiny, I am due Nov. 2, a ways away. Oh, I had another swelling incident and maybe this one could help? Basically the left ankle was swelling, so I did some yoga, cat/cow, or pelvic tilts, by getting on all 4s and inhaling while arching the back and exhaling while curving the spine. well, it got the little one off of whatever it was compressing and the blood flowing some too. The swelling went down. It also feels good cause my chest is so tight from expanding.

Hope things are going great, ladies!
shinyx3
i do lots of cat/cow and stretches that my physical therapist gave me to do and they have helped sooo much with the sciatica! maybe they help with the swelling too and it would be way worse but i do not know it because i do my stretches.

shinyboy and i are going to start moving into his new brand spanking new room today! pretty exciting! i am hoping to be all moved by sunday so i can paint the nursery (shinyboy's old room).
lapis
Hope everybody's doing great!! It's 93 in the house and I am about to melt! Shiny, I had another idea--support socks! Do you use them? I know they are hot but if you could put them on when you first wake up, they seem to help. I just tested some out since I'll be flying soon and dread any potential swelling--they worked great!
shinyx3
it gets soo hot here that i am pretty much stripped to the minimal by the end on the day. if i stay off my feel and keep them up it is sooo much better. it is when i am walking alot or standing in one place that they get really bad. it is supposed to be another boiling day here and i am already hot. it didn't cool down much last night so it will be really hot in the house in a bit. it is also really smoky from all the fires around. i think that also keeps the heat in.

yeaterday i had an appt with my midwife. i have not had a pelvic check since the begining of my pregnancy and so i have no idea if i am effaced or dilated or not. she says it is no really necessary as even if i am dilating it does not mean things will proceed quicky. i was also late with shinyboy so . . . but i am on the schedule for an induction on Aug 10th if i do not go before then. my due date is actually the 16th so i get to e done a tiny bit early. every little bit helps, huh.

my mom came over and helped me get shinyboy moved into his new room and yesterday we finished gettingit all organized. just need to hang pics and such. the nursary is painted and has some stuff in i but not everything. still no crib but i won't have that till baby is born as my mom will be bringing it. i am getting really excited though. my sis is here today making a cover for the baby rocker. she is very crafty that way. much more than i am.

pixie, how are you doing? you are about 37 weeks no? still preggers? update us.
pixiedust
Shiney I am in labor and deliery as I type. Imhad a kidney infecion that started labor Tuesday, but it stopped once they started treating the infection. I am supposed to find out in the morning if the doctor is going to induce now or wait. There seems to be some concernabout the baby's heart rate, so leaning towards induction right now.
shinyx3
(((((Pixie))))

Good luck! Maybe we will see pics of baby soon!
pollystyrene
News from kvetch- they're inducing pixie

~*~*~l & d/general health vibes~ for the pixie family!~*~*~
shinyx3
ok, i am getting close! i have the nursery mostly set up (still need to hang pics and the crib will not be here till baby is born). i am tired and feel ready. i am sheduled for an induction on the 10th of aug. and the really isn't that far away. i have one more ob appt on this coming monday then induce on friday. i was induced with shinyboy so i do not actually know what it is like to go into labor. i have lots of hb contactions but nothing that is timable or regular. i am getting pretty excited and anxious though. i feel ready physically but i guess that doesn't really mean much. i still have some organizing to do with all the new construction and such but is does not seem so daunting today. anyway, i hope all the rest of you are doing fantastic.
shinyx3
i had my last prenatal appt yesterday! wooo hoooo! i am ready, well ready as i'll ever be. friday i will be induced if i have not gone into labor. i can hardly do anything anymore without getting sooo tired and i can't sleep much at night cos i am just not very comfy (my hips just ache when i lie in any one position for too long) i am only at 3.5 and 75% but what does that really mean? i could have been at 3.5 for the last month and not have known it. anyway, if there is still anyone who reads this thread god luck to you and happy preggie vibes!
pixiedust
Good luck Shiney! I was only a 1 both times I was induced. Things will probably move pretty fast for you! I was only in labor 6 hours. Can't wait to hear about your little one!
shinyx3
i am being induced today! so cross finger and wish me well!

such a cute baby, pixie!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.