Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90
pepper
i am so sorry, (((big hugs to you))).

your hormones are going to be a bit out of whack and that can contribute to the feeling yucky. take good care of you and relax, relax, relax.
they will probably schedule you for a proceedure to make sure you are all clear and tell you no sex after that for a while. you should ovulate normally the next period. best of luck kelly.

kiss_the_fiddler
aw, shoot, kelly. I'm sorry. that so totally sucks. from what i hear, every woman is different in how long their body takes to start having regular cycles again after a m/c. I hope it's quick for you.

me - i have a cold. ordinarily, i'd take otc something for all my yuckiness. but not now. anyone know what i can take for cold symptoms? i'm staying home today, drinking lots of fluids, and really trying to rest. i think my head might just explode though. ugh.

fiddler
moxiegirl
fiddler...your OB should have a list of "safe" OTC you can take.
pepper
there are lots of natural remedies that you can try. ginger,lemon and honey tea is my standby. smash up some garlic and swallow it, that knocks anything out.
falljackets
(((((kelly)))))) i'm sorry. like pepper said, go easy on yourself for a few days. and allow those blues! i went through the same thing in early 2005 and it was definitely difficult. i didn't have any procedures, just let the whole thing happen on it's own over the course of a couple weeks. it sounds like your body is already doing what it's supposed to do by bleeding (i didn't start bleeding until after the ultrasound and blood tests confirmed that there was no growth so it took a while for me).

good for you for getting ready to get back in the saddle. these things vary - my best friend miscarried and was pregnant again the very next month. her doc didn't tell her to wait or anything, so she didn't. she was only about 6 weeks pregnant at the time of the loss. my body, on the other hand, got all jacked up and i stopped ovulating after the miscarriage. only i didn't realize that it had happened for several months. but i am pretty abnormal, hehe. i'm sure you'll be fine. as you can see from my avatar, we finally got everything straightened out and we have our little jackaroo now.

(and after all those months of trying and several hours of labor that ended in a c-section, i'm already thinking to do it again...)

(((kiss))) i had a headcold during my pregnancy and the thing that worked best was ginger tea with a little honey and cayenne pepper. just drink it while it's warm and keep heating it if it chills. and, after two weeks of it, my doc did tell me to take claritinD if it happened again. i never took the claritin, but it was nice knowing there was a standby if it got unbearable. other than that, REST!
pixiedust
I haven't been in here for a while, but (((kelly))) I had a miscarriage last year about this time...now I have a 4 month old little boy, so you can see it did not take long at all for my body to "reset".

Blanche....you mentioned the chiropractor...I saw mine every week for my entire pregnancy. It helped ALOT!! I had a much easier pregnancy and delivery than the first time around. The body just functions better when eveything is where it should be. In fact we think my miscarriage was becaus eof some serve back problems I was having at the time.
beck
oh kelly i'm so sorry. I had a miscarriage around the beginning of October at 9.5 weeks. I was hoping to try straight away but my cycles were a bit confused at first. Things seem to have settled down again now, about 6 weeks on. Take really good care of yourself and maybe take a good iron supplement. I was really tired for quite a while afterwards. Good luck

(just edited because while looking for something else i realised i had made a typo on the date of my m/c - am i anal?)
moxiegirl
FJ...fwiw, my OB told us to wait 18 full months post c-section to get preggo again. Gives all the scar tissue proper healing time, etc. We're at 20 and just starting to talk about it. Hence, why i'm lurking in these parts again.
kiss_the_fiddler
blanche,

i haven't seen anything good or cute at all. i honestly don't know what the folks designing meternity clothes are thinking. dress big uncomfortable pregnant women in hideous clown clothes. yup, sounds about right. i'm lucky to have shiny to help me with that.

fiddler
pepper
no, no! don't buy actual maternity clothes! just go for the latest fashion of gathers under the bust that seems to be all the rage. seriously, i bought normal clothes that i am still wearing now. they are making everything "maternity" wear these days.
someone point me in the direction of a photohosting thingy and i will repost all my bump attire there for y'all to see. my mom and i shopped like maniacs, it was fun.
kiss_the_fiddler
pepper,
photobucket is free and pretty easy to use.
fiddle
pepper
i have a photobucket account, how do i make a bunch of pictures that i can link you to though? i only know how to do one at a time and i have a LOT of pictures of my with the bump!
kiss_the_fiddler
aw, shucks, i don't know. i'm a techi idiot. maybe ask in the general knowledge thread? i think you can build an album there. i just put all my pics in one big album and link the photos one at a time as i want to. hmmm. . . good question.
moxiegirl
I think the way to do it would be to make links using the link button thingy to individual photos. LIke I"m doing here for pictures of moxette

The link button is the green one next to the underline button.

Maternity clothes...you'll need long winter stuff, right? I did. I got loads of good stuff at 2nd hand shops, Marshalls/TJMaxx and a couple good things at the "mall" stores. Got the best stuff at the 2nd hand stores, though.
kiss_the_fiddler
i'm only 7-8 weeks and haven't gained any weight yet so i don't need maternity clothes. i'm not showing but i have changed shape. the pants i wear are no longer comfortable. i don't want anything at all tight around my waiste. it hurts now. i'm not due until july so i won't need lots of winter clothes that i don't already have except for pants. i'm so excited about this baby though, that i'll start wearing 'pregnant' clothes as soon as i can without looking like a fool. shiny and i will go second hand shopping when she gets her car back. that will be fun.

fiddler
kiss_the_fiddler
books, huh? i'm enjoying "the pregnancy journal: a day to day guide to a healthy and happy pregnancy" by a. christine harris, ph,d. it has something to read for every day, starting from conception. this book covers the baby's development, things that are happening with the mother, nutrition, historical tidbits, and a place to record your mood, waist size, etc. i like it because i hate to read and it gives me just about half a page a day to mull over. shiny has the girlfriend's guide. i'll ask her what she thinks about that book. she said i can borrow it but we keep forgetting when we see each other lately.

fiddler
pepper
hated girlfriends guide, wanted to tear out the pages. what to expect is like a daily stress journal of everything that could possibly go wrong.
here's some of what i read:

wise woman herbal for the childbearing year by susun weed
the continuum concept in search of happiness lost by jean liedloff
primal mothering in a modern world by hygeia halfmoon (great birth stories)
a child is born by lennert nilsson (amazing, amazing pictures of the baby inside. little loved this one)
spiritual midwifery by ina may gaskin (wholistically demystifies pregnancy and the processes of birth)
mango mama's natural parenting by jennifer van laanen-smit
Heart And Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth by elizabeth davis (excellent)
prenatal yoga and natural childbirth by jeannine parvati baker
and, of course, unassisted childbirth by laura kaplan shanley (possibly the most positive, affirming book about childbirth ever. every woman should read this just to offset the negativism of the medical professionals.)
birth without violence by frederick leboyer md (the advent of gentle water birth)
Childbirth without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth by michel odent and grantly dick-read
unassisted homebirth and act of love by lynn griesemer

for me, i wanted to know about the process of delivery in great detail. not just "then the doctor will do this" kind of stuff but what actually happens, how and why. i also wanted to read about the positive aspects of pregnancy and birth rather than the negatives that books typically focus on. pregnancy is treated like a terrible disease by western medicine, it's easy to be scared out of your head when really, there is so much that can go RIGHT.
even if a woman reads all of the girlfriend's guide type of books, i think balancing that out with some positive stories of births where everything went well is a good idea. reading the unassisted stories was awesome, it gave me such strength and courage. it was the single most positive thing i did to help create a good mindset about my pregnancies and births.
pepper
hey, i'm going through my preggo pics to find clothing shots but i can't resist these two. the first one is probably enough to get me kicked off of photobucket but oh well.

deleted due to infestation of scary trash monster.
kiss_the_fiddler
great pics, pepper.
Lindsey
I have had a slight fever since I ovulated. It has stayed between 99.0 and 99.9. Is this a sign of pregnancy?
kiss_the_fiddler
lindsey,
if you go to fertility friend.com, you can look at other people's charts. you'll see that if someone is pregnant, then their temp generally goes up. usually though, temp drops a bit at O time. take a look at some charts there and see what you think. other than having a slightly elevated temp, do you have any other sxs of illness? do you have a cold going on?

best of luck.
fiddler
Lindsey
QUOTE(kiss_the_fiddler @ Dec 2 2007, 10:09 PM) *
lindsey,
if you go to fertility friend.com, you can look at other people's charts. you'll see that if someone is pregnant, then their temp generally goes up. usually though, temp drops a bit at O time. take a look at some charts there and see what you think. other than having a slightly elevated temp, do you have any other sxs of illness? do you have a cold going on?

best of luck.
fiddler

No cold. I have had some other pregnancy symptoms but not any the last couple days except for the fever.
kiss_the_fiddler
how many days past ovulation are you?

Lindsey
QUOTE(kiss_the_fiddler @ Dec 3 2007, 10:17 AM) *
how many days past ovulation are you?

I am 10 dpo today. I thought I ovulated on the 19 of Nov. but the line on the opk was weird so I kept testing and I know that I was had a light positive opk test on the 24 and a very positive test on the 25. I took a test this morning and it was a bfn.
kiss_the_fiddler
OPK's are sort of tricky. Even though you might bet two lines on an opk, it doesn't mean that it's positive. To be positive, the test line needs to be as dark as or darker as the control line. That's why i use the cheap ones until i think it's getting as dark as or darker then use a digital one. The digital opk's tell you yes or no. They're more expensive but more straight forward. So, if the test line got dark on the 25th, then that's when you got your lh surge and you probably ovulated about 24 hours after that. If you BD'd (baby danced) around that time, then you sure could be pregnant but it would probably be too early to get a positive test. Even the most sensitive hpt's (home pregnancy tests) need at least 10 days after ovulation to show positive if you're pregnant. So, if you're getting negative tests now, don't worry about it. Your period isn't due quite yet and it takes several days for the fertilized egg to implant into the uterus and begin releasing the pregnancy hormone that tells your body not to have a period. It's this hormone that the hpt sees. A good and kinda fun website all about pee sticks is www.peeonastick.com. Have fun and good luck.

fiddler
Lindsey
When I thought I ovulated on the 19 the test strip was just as dark as the control strip but not wide... So that was weird to me and I kept testing, on the 24 I got a positive. The test strip and control strip were the same color and we bd that night and the next day I tested again just to see the results. They were even better with the test strip being darker then the control strip. So we bd that night as well. Tested again the next day and it was a negative. We bd anyways and bd the next night as well. So I know I got a positive on the 24 and 25 and work my little heart out to get pregnant. So I am crossing my fingers that I have a little one growing inside. I have heard that when you have a longer cycle that it takes longer then the 14 dpo for the hgc to show up in my urine. Do you know if that is true?

QUOTE(kiss_the_fiddler @ Dec 4 2007, 12:52 PM) *
OPK's are sort of tricky. Even though you might bet two lines on an opk, it doesn't mean that it's positive. To be positive, the test line needs to be as dark as or darker as the control line. That's why i use the cheap ones until i think it's getting as dark as or darker then use a digital one. The digital opk's tell you yes or no. They're more expensive but more straight forward. So, if the test line got dark on the 25th, then that's when you got your lh surge and you probably ovulated about 24 hours after that. If you BD'd (baby danced) around that time, then you sure could be pregnant but it would probably be too early to get a positive test. Even the most sensitive hpt's (home pregnancy tests) need at least 10 days after ovulation to show positive if you're pregnant. So, if you're getting negative tests now, don't worry about it. Your period isn't due quite yet and it takes several days for the fertilized egg to implant into the uterus and begin releasing the pregnancy hormone that tells your body not to have a period. It's this hormone that the hpt sees. A good and kinda fun website all about pee sticks is www.peeonastick.com. Have fun and good luck.

fiddler

kiss_the_fiddler
Lindsey,
I'm so sick and tired today that try as I might, I can't understand what you're saying. That said, I do hope you're pregnant. I'll read your post again tomorrow and maybe it'll make more sense to me. I'm going back to bed now.

fiddler
Lindsey
Fiddler,
Hope you start feeling better. How far along are you now? Any new updates.
QUOTE(kiss_the_fiddler @ Dec 5 2007, 05:43 PM) *
Lindsey,
I'm so sick and tired today that try as I might, I can't understand what you're saying. That said, I do hope you're pregnant. I'll read your post again tomorrow and maybe it'll make more sense to me. I'm going back to bed now.

fiddler

falljackets
lindsey,

i agonized for months over those stupid opks so i know what you're going through. what you're saying about longer cycles could be right...but it depends on how long your cycles actually are:

your luteal phase (the time from ovulation through getting your period, is generally going to be the same amount of time each cycle (within a day). for example, if you got your period 14dpo last month, you'll most likely get it between 13 and 15dpo every month. the luteal phase is static, but the day of ovulation can be all over the place (which is what happened with me for a while). once you have hammered down the length of your luteal phase, you'll be able to know when you should get a positive result on a pregnancy test. it's not necessarily that 14 day waiting period.

so, how long are your cycles usually? if they're usually over 40 days, then you definitely have a good chance of still getting a bfp because the egg will still have plenty of time to implant before your uterine lining is shed. however, if you find that you have a short luteal phase (9 days or less),you might want to check with your doc. it's still very possible for the egg to implant in such a short phase, but a doc might be able to help you lengthen the lp to give that egg a better chance to nest.

i am pulling for you. i hope that all made sense. i feel like i'm speaking in code. wink.gif
Lindsey
Falljackets,

My cycles usually are about 35 days. My last cycle was longer then that though. It was 41 days. (If I am remembering right) I am just wanting this so badly. My last period was Nov. 4 and I ovulated around the 24 or 25. So there still could be a chance I will get my bfp. I keep wanting to go test but I keep holding off because I don't want to waste my money on test that wouldn't show because it is too early. I have never been pregnant but after reading about sysmptoms and reading up on some of the things I sure feel pregnant. Thanks you for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Lindsey

QUOTE(falljackets @ Dec 5 2007, 08:21 PM) *
lindsey,

i agonized for months over those stupid opks so i know what you're going through. what you're saying about longer cycles could be right...but it depends on how long your cycles actually are:

your luteal phase (the time from ovulation through getting your period, is generally going to be the same amount of time each cycle (within a day). for example, if you got your period 14dpo last month, you'll most likely get it between 13 and 15dpo every month. the luteal phase is static, but the day of ovulation can be all over the place (which is what happened with me for a while). once you have hammered down the length of your luteal phase, you'll be able to know when you should get a positive result on a pregnancy test. it's not necessarily that 14 day waiting period.

so, how long are your cycles usually? if they're usually over 40 days, then you definitely have a good chance of still getting a bfp because the egg will still have plenty of time to implant before your uterine lining is shed. however, if you find that you have a short luteal phase (9 days or less),you might want to check with your doc. it's still very possible for the egg to implant in such a short phase, but a doc might be able to help you lengthen the lp to give that egg a better chance to nest.

i am pulling for you. i hope that all made sense. i feel like i'm speaking in code. wink.gif

kiss_the_fiddler
Lindsey,

I'm 8-9 weeks pregnant. The sxs are getting harder to deal with. This week especially, I've been having morning sickness. I'm not puking but sure feel like it. And my bladder hurts. I get cramps in my bladder. Don't know why. I gave a UA today and it was clean so no UTI. I mostly just want to stay in bed and sleep all day and all night. People tell me that it gets better in about a month. I hope they're right.

fiddler
beck
hey Lindsay, I am at more or less the same point in my cycle (period due tomorrow) and really hoping to be knocked up, I had a m/c a while back and this is my first (hopefully) normal cycle. I'm rooting for you. Fingers crossed for both of us...Hang in there Fiddler!
Lindsey
Fiddler,

You need to just keep telling yourself that you are going to start feeling better soon and remember that it will all be worth it when you get that little bundle of joy in your arms. Good luck hun!

Lindsey
QUOTE(kiss_the_fiddler @ Dec 5 2007, 11:01 PM) *
Lindsey,

I'm 8-9 weeks pregnant. The sxs are getting harder to deal with. This week especially, I've been having morning sickness. I'm not puking but sure feel like it. And my bladder hurts. I get cramps in my bladder. Don't know why. I gave a UA today and it was clean so no UTI. I mostly just want to stay in bed and sleep all day and all night. People tell me that it gets better in about a month. I hope they're right.

fiddler

Lindsey
Beck,

I hope you get the answer we are all waiting for! Keep me updated. I will test prpbably tomorrow morning or the next. We will see how long I can hold off for. I have been peeing 24/7 and everytime I go to the bathroom I want to grab a test and see what the result will be. Trying to hold strong. Sticky baby dust to you hun!

Lindsey
QUOTE(beck @ Dec 6 2007, 05:13 AM) *
hey Lindsay, I am at more or less the same point in my cycle (period due tomorrow) and really hoping to be knocked up, I had a m/c a while back and this is my first (hopefully) normal cycle. I'm rooting for you. Fingers crossed for both of us...Hang in there Fiddler!

kiss_the_fiddler
Hi all. Thanks for the support. I don't have zofran but dr gave me an rx for phenergan (since i already had some on hand, he simply ok'd it). It makes me sleepy but helps with the forever going to puke feeling. I'm lucky that I don't have a whole lot that I MUST do these days.

My sweet wife thinks that I'm beautiful and very sexy pregnant. Problem is - I'm not feeling it at all. I want to try for her but that doesn't seem fair to either of us. I think when I start feeling better, I might be more able to think about or even engage in sex. I bet she can't wait.

You guys hungry all the time? I am. Hungry and nauseated at the same time. I thought I was eating a whole lot but I guess I'm not. I'd lost a coupla pounds at my last appointment. Anyway . . . Things are good. I'm happy (except when I'm raging mad or darkly depressed - don't know what triggers this but don't quite care). I took myself off the on-call roster and off the driving roster at the fire depratment tonight. I'm simply too spaced out to drive those big red trucks these days. And I don't really see myself getting up at all hours on my on-call night. Nope. I've been carrying more than my share of the duties there for the past few years. Others can step up.

Anywhooo, I'm going in search of a snack before I go to bed.

fiddler
kiss_the_fiddler
Hi all.

I'm so depressed today. I think I have a lot to be happy for so I feel guilty that I'm depressed. I have a life long history of depression. I work so hard to keep my head above water sometimes. It's exhausting. I just want to sit and cry. Blah.

fiddler
pepper
sweet girl, feel better!
are you taking your fatty acids? they are so good at keeping your mood up. in your case though it sounds like you could use something extra. have you thought of homeopathics or bach flower remedies? they helped me a lot with little's pregnancy.
i also did some meditaion avec bebe that was wonderful for giving me a sense of well being and connection with the baby. i don't have the name of the book anymore but if you google unborn child exercises and connecting with the unborn child and stuff like that i'm sure you'll find lots of stuff.
there were meditations to do in the tub, envisioning your baby floating in his or her warm, wet ocean of mama and writing and speaking exercises. it was really cool and made me feel really good.
another thing is exercise. i know that you aren't feeling well but how about some gentle workouts? the endorphins make you feel so wonderful..
beck
don't feel guilty fiddler. i don't have any useful advice other than hang in there and take care of yourself.
kiss_the_fiddler
ah, prenatal yoga. it's a good thing. yes. i think i'll find a prenatal workout and begin that. i'd like to go to a prenatal yoga class but right now, i'm not going anywhere really. by the time i get into town, i'm too tired to interact or enjoy whatever i'm there for. i'll give it a coupla more weeks. by then, i should begin to have more energy.

thanks for the support.

fiddler
beck
any news Lindsey? Nothing for me this month but that's OK, I'm just chilling and looking forward to the holidays. I can wait a little longer. Christmas will be a great opportunity for lots of trying!
kiss_the_fiddler
Ok, so I'm what? 9-10 weeks pregnant. Yup. Today someone told me that I look pregnant. Uh. . . thanks? I know my regular pants don't fit anymore but they didn't fit from the get go. I know I'm changing shape but for someone who doesn't live IN my body to notice that I'm anything other than bloated is sort of . . . I don't know. I felt proud and fat. I don't think I should be showing yet. Hmmm. . .

fiddler
moxiegirl
fiddler- at 10weeks, I was totally showing. i'm SO shortwaisted that it just POPPED. Luckily, it was summer, and i was into flowy tops. Its just how your body handles the changing shape.
Lindsey
QUOTE(beck @ Dec 12 2007, 10:54 AM) *
any news Lindsey? Nothing for me this month but that's OK, I'm just chilling and looking forward to the holidays. I can wait a little longer. Christmas will be a great opportunity for lots of trying!

Beck,
Sorry to hear. Christmas is a great time to try! Good luck hun! Had two lines on the 11 (period was due on the 8-9) The test line was very faint. Was very excited and then bam... That night I started bleeding really really heavily. Haven't been on for a couple days because it's been hard to know others are pregnant and I am not.
kiss_the_fiddler
Oh, Lindsey - I'm sorry. That sucks. Sometimes women bleed when their period was due and they're still pregnant. Can you see your doc for a blood test?

fiddler
beck
oh i'm sorry Lindsey. i had a faint line too but then nothing, and then my period. am feeling alright now but I know it does really suck to get your hopes up and then feeling like your body isn't playing ball.

I'll be popping into the Childless not by Choice thread now and again if I see any posts, maybe see you in there? At times when I've been low I find it really encouraging reading others' stories in the archives and seeing all the Busties (including the lovely Fiddler who spent a long time in there) who tried harder and longer, but now have babies for their avatars (I am assuming that they are their babies and they didn't just borrow one for a quick photo opp!) wink.gif

Despite my reluctance to chart and stuff, I did buy some ovulation tests on amazon - mainly because I wanted cheap pg tests and they came as a mixed pack. Should be fun (I am easily impressed by science stuff such as peesticks) and as we will be spending Christmas with my partner's family (sleeping on the living room floor) sex may be hard to fit in, so might be handy to know when we absolutely MUST do it). Also my cycles are less predictable than before the m/c so would be good to see if/when everything's happening as it should.

Sorry for long post in wrong thread, I'll check out now. Fiddler, just wanted to say thanks for your support, and hope you are feeling less of a sicko in time to eat some good stuff this Christmas!
kiss_the_fiddler
Hi Beck. Good to see you. I really do hope that you get a very happy new years with a BFP.

For the last coupla bays, I've had periods of feeling pretty good. I actually ate a meal yesterday. Woot!

fiddler
Lindsey
Now posting in childless not by choice. Thanks for your support girls.
kiss_the_fiddler
Hi Blanche,

I've noticed that I have more periods of time when I feel nearly human. Still having plenty of time feeling totally yucky though. I'm still not allowing any caffeine. I'm prone to UTI's and even asparagus, which has a mild diuretic affect, makes my bladder cramp. The tired is beginning to let up a little too. I'm so relieved. My mood, on the other hand, is all over the map. I'm starting to feel like I'm crazy. Grrr. . . Hormones.

I'm almost finished with the shopping stuff I have to do for the holidays. I'm so glad. I just want to stay home where it's warm and quiet.

fiddler
Lindsey
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have happy holidays!
loverufus
hi everyone - and happy holidays to you all!

i was on here a while ago, asking about pregnancy symptoms for very early on...turns out i wasn't pregnant then, but i am now. smile.gif i figure i'm about 5 weeks, but i haven't been able to see my doctor yet - which happens in a couple of weeks.

physically, i've been feeling okay - i was exhausted yesterday (not sure if it was family just leaving after a few days of visiting or the pregnancy). but mentally and emotionally - i have been worrying about everything! i'm a pretty cautious person normally - but now, everything i do or have done, i worry about it. (i'm sure seeing my doctor will help). i try to relax and think calm thoughts - but every now and then, i think of something and wonder if the baby is okay. any of you experience this? i'm sure it's normal during pregnancy, esp for first time moms to be.

anyway - hope you all are well! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.