Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90
moxiegirl
hell, I'll vote girl! we need more wee busteetes!
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Feb 18 2008, 04:14 AM) *
I have never been pregnant (and really aren't trying to any time soon) but for some reason lately, pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding fascinates me to no end. Like I'm constantly trying to learn more about it and I really think its a beautiful process. Does that mean my biological clock is a blaring alarm instead of just ticking LOL Just thought I'd come through this thread and say congrats to all the bustie moms-to-be. Im sure you all will be glad when the little angels finally come into the world. Best wishes and good luck!

konphusion - oh me too, me too, me too!!! I've had the baby itch for months and months now. I just don't know where this is coming from for me. I think, dream and talk about it all the time. I think I'm driving Mr. Pug crazy. Once I'm done school, get a great job and we have some money in the bank we are going to start trying. That won't be for some time. I'm fascinated with the whole process as well. I just get all excited and am looking forward to this all happening to me some day in my future. Best wishes from me as well!!
kiss_the_fiddler
I was right! We're having a baby BOY!

We're so excited. My sweet wants to do the nursery in a firefighter theme. This is so much fun!

fiddler
falljackets
OMG! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! how awesome would a firefighter theme be!!!!

congratulations!! smile.gif
loverufus
congratulations on finding out you're having a boy, fiddler!!!!! smile.gif

that is a cute theme! that would be so much fun to decorate!
thatgirlkelly
That's terrific! You definately need a firepole! And one of these.....

kiss_the_fiddler
OMG! Kelly, that is so cute! I want one.

fiddler
kiss_the_fiddler
Here are a few pics of our son.

Here he is, sucking his thumb.

Here are his cute little feet.

Here are his little boy bits.
Lindsey
YEA FIDDLER! CONGRATULATIONS!!! His little ultrasounds are so cute!

Congratulations to you as well Kelly! I can't wait to come join everyone!
pepper
omg so flipping CUTE! aaahhh! dying of cute overload! squee!
beck
oh wow, congrats fiddler - i can't see the pics here at work for some reason but will log on at home for a look later.

and big congrats kelly, i know how you feel - i still would love to fast forward the next two weeks to my 12 week scan, i won't really believe it until i see the scan.

i would recommend looking into some relaxation exercises or doing some positive affirmations - we can't change what our bodies do but we can change how we cope with stress. I wish i'd done it sooner, but am going to look into acupuncture and meditation. (i'm also looking for something to help the friend who lost her baby last year - she is planning to try again but is very anxious - so any recommendations of what worked for you guys would be great).

i'd also suggest not combing the net obsessively for information - you can frighten the pants off yourself for no sensible reason. Chances are, you know all you need to know about what to avoid, and if you start surfing it's hard to avoid finding something new to worry about each time (or maybe that's just me). And have a discussion with your friend now if you are planning on keeping it quiet for the first 12 weeks, otherwise she'll be a nightmare.

So, I found a baggy sweater that was less obvious than a full blown smock, but she clocked the not-drinking. I told her i'd given up for Lent (cunning, huh?) but that didn't shut her up and she started fishing for more information. I am normally very chilled but I snapped at her. She shut up. I felt much better.

oh, and good to hear your cycle's on track moxie
thatgirlkelly
Okay, here is my dirty little secret...I'm a smoker. If you have ever been a smoker, you know its one of the hardest things in the world to quit. I've been able to lay off for a year at a time, but for some reason it always comes back. Currently at 10 per day and working to bring it down to 5 by Friday and then stop.

The absolute most difficult thing is the first three days. Personally if i had my druthers, I would go into a medically induced coma for about a week and wake up on the other side through the hard part.

Please don't post all the reason's why I should do this for the worm, I know. Trust me I KNOW. Just looking for support and a big cyber hug.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
kiss_the_fiddler
Kelly,

Consider yourself hugged. You just got a big ol' cyber hug from me. Huge kudos for quitting! I'm proud of you! KUP, ok? And, come on in anytime for support.

fiddler
beck
oh fiddler, i can see them now. so gorgeous.

well done kelly, and good luck! i've heard hypnosis helps (a good friend of mine did it)
loverufus
kelly, good luck on quitting!! and try not to beat yourself up too much or feel guilty - you're doing the best you can, i'm sure! i can only imagine how difficult it is to quit, so congratulations on taking the steps to do so!

lots of hugs and support to you!
anoushh
Kelly, even cutting down will have major benefits for the baby (not to mention benefits for you, too.) Keep up the good work!

Consider yourself hugged.

Fiddler, everyone said girl for us, too, and when he was born I swear the first thing I saw were his testicles (well, I was standing up and when you look down you see the bottom, right?) So that answered that question right away.

I'd suspected boy, and though I'd desperately wanted a girl of course I love my boy more than anything.

Firefighter would be so much fun!

And is anything cuter than baby feet?
kiss_the_fiddler
I went and applied for WIC yesterday. They made me laugh. They asked me what my pre-preg weight was. 178. They said that I'm overweight. Ok, I know that. I used to be ana/mia and have tried hard to come to terms with my new "healthy" weight. I think I've done a good job. So their comment didn't phase me really. Then, they weighed me and recorded it. 182 at 19 weeks. Ok. On to talk with another person. The next person told me that I haven't gained enough weight for this point in my pregnancy. Uh, huh? Let me get this straight. I'm overweight AND I haven't gained enough weight? Ok. It made me laugh.

fiddler
anoushh
Gah! You can't win, can you?

Good attitude--you have to laugh, don't you? (It is pretty funny in a stupid sort of way, though.)

I'm sure you are just fine, which you already knew.
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(kiss_the_fiddler @ Feb 20 2008, 05:36 PM) *
Uh, huh? Let me get this straight. I'm overweight AND I haven't gained enough weight?

blink.gif huh.gif dry.gif
beck
wacko.gif

from reading previous posts on here, it doesn't sound like weight gain is a very good predictor of anything anyway. 19 weeks huh! So cool. How's the sickness, is the acupuncture still working for you?
tankgirl
So I am like 5 days late, and I'm usually like clockwork at 27 days and its been 32. When is an almost sure time to take a pregnancy test? I've been sick as a dog for 3 days as well. I'm both hoping and scared as hell right now. Same boat as pugs posted a page back I guess. We aren't trying but I'm ready for it if its the time.
thatgirlkelly
thanks for everyone's well wishes. things are going pretty good. cut wwwway back on the cigs and hope to be off soon. never though I'ld say this, but I wish I would get morning sickness. I know its different for everyone, but when does it generally kick in? I'm in week 4 and I feel tired and my bbs are uber sore and i'm starting to get heart burn, which is weird since it seems too early.

The strangest feeling is the "growing uterus". Little cramps and pulling feeling....bizarre.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the ride!
kiss_the_fiddler
kelly,
for some, morning sickness begins at conception. other ladies are lucky enough not to get it at all. for me, it hit bad at about 8 weeks and lasted until about 17 weeks.

fiddler
beck
I know what you mean Kelly, I was so happy when i lost my breakfast the first time, that was just before 8 weeks, especially as i had almost no symptoms the first time round, and at the beginning it's hard to tell if things are in your mind or not, but puking is definitely real! I started feeling really hungry and a bit nauseous around 6 weeks, but snacking on crackers constantly helped a lot. Only actually threw up 3 or 4 times, mostly evenings. Didn't at all last week. I'm 11 weeks today and the tiredness and nausea is starting to lift. A bit of heartburn and my boobs are bigger and heavier now rather than just sore. I had to buy new bras at 7 or 8 weeks I think.
loverufus
kelly, i had/have a lot of the same symptoms you're having. i also didn't really have morning sickness early on, and it's not an issue that much - more queeziness started around...week 11-ish for me? but i haven't thrown up - but brushing my teeth and coughing in the morning (i'm getting over a cold) still induces a lot of gagging.

i'm 14 weeks tomorrow and had another doctor's appointment this morning. we heard the heartbeat!!! it was so exciting and i was sad when she took the monitor away (i could have listened to it for hours). she said it was a good strong heartbeat - which was interrupted by a nice little kick! smile.gif i couldn't feel the kick, but happy i heard it.

i was supposed to book my first ultrasound for 2 - 3 weeks from now - but i can't get in until the beginning of april! gah! i had a feeling that would happen. so, i'll be around 19 weeks then...hopefully everything's going smoothly and maybe we'll be able to tell the sex (i heard the further along you are, the better the chances).

anyway - just thought i'd share my news and hope everyone is doing well in here! smile.gif
kiss_the_fiddler
Hi all. I'm just back from my latest prenatal appt. All is well. I now weigh 185 up from 178 at the beg of preg. Learned that my doc is retiring in a month and he's given me to a different doc. Hmmm. . . I get to see him one more time before he goes. Not sure how I feel about this.

fiddler
kiss_the_fiddler
Here's an almost 20 week pic of me.

I'm wearing my fire dept badge on my sweater because we had a fancy fire dept dinner tonight and we were supposed to wear our dress blues. Hmmm. . . didn't fit so this was my solution.

fiddler
anoushh
You look great!
beck
can't see the pic here at work but will log on later from home

great you heard the heartbeat loverufus!

i should be having an ultrasound soon - in my area they do the nuchal fold scan routinely (between 11 and 13+6).

i'm in two minds - i don't actually want to know about the risk of Down's so in a way i'd rather not have it, but on the other hand i think a scan will help me to relax and really start enjoying this pregnancy. Although i am already a lot more chilled than i was, i still won't 100% believe it's OK this time till i see the scan. And I guess if this is the only way of me getting that scan then so be it.

I don't want any other screening for genetic probs though.
beck
fiddler you look fab - a beautiful and healthy pregnant lady

oooh can't wait to catch up - i want a bump too!
loverufus
fiddler, you look gorgeous and healthy! smile.gif

good luck with the scans, beck. i kind of wish i had done the testing now, only to have received an early u/s. hopefully the whole experience will help you relax.

i bought my first pairs of maternity pants today. i tried them on in the store and my stressed out mood was instantly vanished! they are sooooooooo comfy!!!!!! i'm going to live in them from now on until the birth. now i just need maternity lounge and pajama pants.

always happy and healthy baby vibes to everyone!
kiss_the_fiddler
Aw, thanks for the compliments, gals. I'm so insecure about how I look lately.

fiddler
moxiegirl
love...maternity PJs...just get 1 size larger regular PJ pants, so you have something comfy to wear after bebe is born.

Oh, and Fiddler, you are a delectable looking pregnant lady! I particularly love the wedding picture in the background. Its one you should put in the wee barin's babybook, I think!
thatgirlkelly
Fiddler, you are gorgeous. I noticed the nose of the pooch staring up at you. Do you think pets know that we are pregnant and act accordingly? My cat Petie is constantly meowing for attention and wants to be picked up...like a little baby. Always guarding me in a way.

I'm still peeing on sticks, thanks goodness for internet pg test prices! I only bought 10 and once they are gone I swear I will stop. I'm obsessed with watching the line get darker and darker every couple of days....I'm a dork.

yeah to baby heart beats and PJs!
moxiegirl
kelly...where do you get the cheaper tests?
beck
moxie, i got mine on amazon, if that helps

i got 10 pg and 10 ovulation (it was a mixed pack of 20 - you choose the mix) for the same price as 2 digital ones from a shop.

kelly, i peed on the sticks everyday at the beginning, just for the fun of it!
moxiegirl
digital or lines? the lines ones confused the bejebus out of me the first time round...
kiss_the_fiddler
I do think that my pets know I'm pregnant. My cats (3) have become very clingy since I've been pregnant. Anika, my Siamese, has to be ON me all the time. The other two mostly want to be close. If I'm on the bed, they are on the bed. If I'm in the kitchen, they're in the kitchen, etc. And yes, my pooch seems to be much more protective than she has been. She wants to be close to me and she's never been much of a snuggler. So yes, I think they do know.

fiddler

(who has to type with a cat laying across her arm)
anoushh
QUOTE(kiss_the_fiddler @ Feb 28 2008, 09:20 PM) *
(who has to type with a cat laying across her arm)

That will be good practice for when the baby arrives. wink.gif
beck
moxie it was the line kind , i actually preferred them to the digital ones - watching the line get darker each day. i drew the line at the really cheap ones though where you use a dropper (like at the doc's) though, figured i'd rather pay a bit more and not have to catch my pee in a cup.
moxiegirl
so, I came upon this today, and thought about our recent convo about pregnancy books, etc.

weekly pregnancy blog.

Which also led me to remember to reccomend parent hacks to everybody. Almost every day, I get a great idea or two.

anoushh
Cool sites Mox!

(I think that picture of Moxette in your avatar is my favorite yet. And there have been some pretty damn good pictures.)
thatgirlkelly
I bought my pregnancy tests from Early Pregnancy Tests. They are the two line type. They also have ovulation kits, pregnancy tea, and other things like that.

Moxie, thanks for the cool web sites.

I made these for a friend who is due any day: Bunny Booites
moxiegirl
hi...thanks! This one is my current favorite, but its too big/close to work well as an aveie.
beck
mox, she really is super cute!
beck
oh me too blanche! i've mostly avoided it but it's hit me today.

the weird thing is, my diet has been pretty good, but the times i've had it, it's been when i've been extra good and eaten more fruit/veggies/wholegrains than normal and made the effort to drink extra water! i guess even 'good' changes can confuse things a bit...

a trick that has always worked for me is to drink honey in hot water. it gets things moving but more gently than other remedies.

12 week scan is tomorrow evening, can i have some BUSTie vibes please? I feel more pg than last time and the 8 week scan was all good but there is still the lingering fear at the back of my mind that i am trying to block out.

thatgirlkelly
Oh my god, I haven't had a decent poop in days. And I'm starting to get the quesies, though I bet that's from lack of pooping. I've been eating like crap through, all I want is rice and cheese. I do take Benefiber every day, but that' not doing much.

Man I didn't know I could sleep like I do these days. I settle in to watch a little TV and next thing I know I wake at 11pm (three hours later) with the boy friend in control of the remote and sports on the screen...these are desperate times.

Silly question, I've been avoiding doing Abs at the gym. Can we still do those? I've continued my work out regime, though I don't have the same energy, so I tend to do less intensity. Also I've been thinking about stopping spin class since it get the heart rate pretty high and once I'm into something its difficult for me to pull back. I think I'll strap on the heart rate monitor as a reminder.

Beck I've pulled out incantation #631...many healthy baby vibes are careening your way.
pepper
prune juice. i'm not kidding. that and dried apricots and lots of water. just try to find the unsulfered ones, they will be a normal dried fruit colour of brown and not that neon orange that you just know is wrong wrong wrong.

moxie cutie mini moxie picture!
beck
The neon orange ones give both me and the bf really terrible gas. one of my panic moments earlier on (aargh! cramping! doom!) was because of them. then bf mentioned the same prob, so I calmed down. i'm getting used to the brown kind now, although the taste reminds me a little of tea.

i'm not much of a scientist, but would the sulphur dioxide they use as preservative be the reason for terrible, sulphurous farts they cause?

Dried figs are also very good if you can't find brown apricots, i love them.

Thanks for the vibes kelly, sending some your way too for good measure. The hospital just called to offer an earlier appt (9am instead of 5:50pm), i really want to take it but can't get through to bf at work - aaahh!

this may be useful re the abs question. I have been too knackered to exercise and haven't been running since December. I'm planning on joining the gym for swimming and pg yoga soon though. http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/192.html
kiss_the_fiddler
I hear you on the constipation thing. Prune juice works well for me but I'm out of it right now. I've found that fresh mangoes also do the trick. If neither of those things work for me, I try a bit of real coffee.

Beck - Super Duper Healthy and Happy Worry Free Twelve Week Scan vibes to you!

Everyone else - vibes for continuing a healthy pregnancy!

fiddler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.