HOW many times have you said to yourself, “I love watching Golden Girls reruns, but I wish I could take it one step further—if only I had a safe space where I could dream up my own Dorothy Zbornak zingers and Blanche Devereaux double entendres, and maybe lay a tiny plastic cheesecake on the kitchen island?” Well, get ready, because your dreams are about to come true for the extremely reasonable price of $175. Thanks, Etsy!
Painstakingly researched details listed on the Esty ad include:
- Sophia's bamboo purse in the living room
- Rose's painting of St. Olaf from Season 5, "All Bets Off"
- Blanche's Commemorative Citrus Festival Ball Plate (glued back together) from Season 5, "Ebb Tide"
- Rose's Teddy Bear Fernando from Season 3, "Old Friends"
- Baggie of Egg Yolks from Season 5, "Sick and Tired"
- and yes, a MINIATURE CHEESECAKE
The only thing this incredible replica is missing is the lanai. Rose was always taking Miles out to "the lanai" to talk - not the patio or the terrace but "the lanai." It's crucial to plot recreations, and it's also how I learned an important vocabulary word that has periodically re-entered my life when solving the occasional crossword puzzle. If you DO purchase this gem, please send along pics or video of your homemade Dorothy doll threatening to send Sophia to Shady Pines.
Image via Etsy
The opinions expressed on the BUST blog are those of the authors themselves and do not necessarily reflect the position of BUST Magazine or its staff.
blog comments powered by Disqus